Chapter 4

One More Try

 

Chapter 4

Victoria reached her car and let out the tears that she was holding on her way out. She will not let Khun and Tiffany see her cry. It hurt like hell but she needs to be strong for her baby. She tried to compose herself then buckled up to drive out when she saw Khun running towards her car. She immediately started the car and left him. Instead of driving back to the office, she decided to just call Krystal and tell her she’s not feeling well so she’ll be staying home. Krystal didn’t asked anymore but told her she’ll dropping by in the evening.

Khun when back to his clinic when he saw Victoria drove off. Tiffany was still there waiting for him by the door.

“I’m sorry about that Tiffany. “ Khun apologized.

“It’s okay, Khun. I hope she’ll hear you out. It’s hard to have mis understanding specially if you’re leaving. You’re still coming with us, right?

“Yes, of course. Don’t worry, I’ll talk to Vicky.” Khun assured her.

“Alright then. See you in the airport.” And Tiffany left.

Khun then asked her secretary to cancel his morning clinic. He needs to talk and explain to Victoria. Even if they are separated as of now, he doesn’t want her to misunderstand his trip with Tiffany. After ensuring that he doesn’t have anything immediate to attend to, he drives himself to Victoria’s office. When he arrived, Victoria’s secretary informed her that she’ll be out for the day. Just when he was about to leave, Krystal came in.

“Good morning, Krystall-ssi. Have you seen Victoria? He seriously asked.

“She’s not feeling well so she went home. I suggest you don’t try and bother her this time.”  Krystal snapped at him.

“I need to talk and explain to my wife. I don’t want her to misunderstand anything.” Khun elaborated.

“Huh! Wife?” she scoffed. “You left her Khun and now you have the nerve to call her wife. Please, if you still have love for her, even just a bit, let her be. She doesn’t need any additional stress. “She retorts and left him.

Khun decided to head to their house even after Krystal asked her not too. He’s not going to bother her, he just need to let her hear him out. He took a sigh of relief when he tried to punch in the security code and the door unlocked. He’s not sure if Vicky already changed it. When he came in, the 1st floor was deserted so he went and checked the 2nd floor. He then gently opens their bedroom door so as not to wake up Victoria if she’s sleeping.  He saw her sleeping on her side, her back facing the door. He gently walk towards her and sat on the bed. He saw her flinched and he knew then that she’s awake.

Victoria tried to pretend that she’s asleep. She actually woke up when he opened their bedroom door but since she cannot face Khun without breaking down, she decided to pretend. She was a bit surprised when she felt him moved and sat by the bed.

“Victoria, I know you’re awake but I won’t force you to talk to me. I just want to clear things up. I’m leaving for Bangladesh with Tiffany. It’s for a medical mission and not for anything else. I will be gone for a month. Please take good care of yourself.”  Khun explained and just as he finished, he quietly left her.

Only when she heard the door click that she sat up and wiped her tears. She wanted to believe him but she really can’t at that point. She wanted to believe that he’s not cheating on her but didn’t he just left her weeks ago. To make things worse, he’ll be gone for a month accompanied by Tiffany. She is Khun’s first girlfriend and only separated before because he transferred from US to Korea. From what she remembered, Tiffany’s still single and also a well respected OB-Gyne. Now that she and Khun separated will the two get back together and will her husband left her for good?

Three weeks already passed and after the incident in the hospital, Victoria never heard from Khun anymore. She asked Krystal to help her find a maid since she’s really having a hard time with her pregnancy. She would wake up sick every morning and when she arrived from work she’ll be too exhausted to even cook dinner for herself. Good thing that Krystal’s helper recommended an aunt who can stay with Victoria. Beka is a widow and she needs work to send her only daughter to school. Victoria was so grateful that Beka decided to take her offer. The elder woman is very hard working and she treated her as her daughter.

Victoria is busy with reviewing a case when she heard her mobile phone rings. She checked the caller’s name immediately answered the call.

“Hello, Sulli. How’s my baby sister? How’s Mom and Dad?” she asked excitedly.

“Unnie, I’m good, I haven’t seen you in a while. Here, Mom wants to talk to you.” Sulli simply replied and after a few seconds she heard her mother on the other line.

“Victoria, honey, your Dad and I will be coming to Seoul. We can stay in your place, right?”

“Of course, Eomma. I’ll be happy to have you here. I’ll prepare your room immediately. When are you coming?” Victoria answered excitedly. Her parents live in Busan after they retired and Sulli handles all their business in Seoul.

“We’re already here in Seoul, baby but we’ll stay with your sister first. We’ll be meeting with the Choi’s so we can set her engagement with Minho.” Her mother explained.

“Alright, then just call me if you’re already going to my place.  “She confirmed.

How’s Khun by the way? Your father wants to talk to him.”  Her mother asked.

Victoria’s heart twitched at the mention of his name. She still doesn’t know how to break the news to her parents because they adore Khun, most specially her father. Khun He became the son her father prayed for after only having her and Sulli. 

“He’s not here, Mom. He’s on a medical mission in Bangladesh.” She replied half truth.

She heard her mother relay the message to her father. Her father grabbed the phone and next thing she knew he is on the other line.

“Princess when is your husband coming home?” her father asked.

Victoria mentally calculated the dates and answered “Sometime next week, Daddy.”

“That’s good then. We’ll all go and have a vacation in Jeju once he comes home. Set your schedule and Khun’s as well. We’ll go fishing and play golf. I miss my son. We’ll see you soon Vicky.” Her father blabbered and hung up before she can even say goodbye.