Chapter 16

One More Try

Khun rushed towards the emergency room.  He passed Beka on the hallway and stopped to ask her what happened.

“ Beka-ssi, what happened to Victoria? Who called the paramedics?”  He rattled.

“ Nichkhun-ssi, she just got inside the house and I told her that a package was sent to her. I went on the kitchen to check the food and prepare dinner when I heard a loud thud. I run towards Victoria but I saw her already passed out on the couch.” Beka explained.

“Did you check what’s on the package?” Khun asked again.

“I’m sorry but I didn’t get the chance to check it. I was so worried that something will happen to Victoria.” The house help replied.

“It’s okay. It’s better if you go home and rest. I’ll stay with my wife. I’ll call you if we need anything. Can you take a cab home?”  He offered.

“Okay. Just let me know if I need to bring anything for you. I pray that Victoria-ssi and the baby will be okay.”  Beka answered and bid goodbye to Khun.

When Khun entered the emergency room, Dr. Kim was leaving instruction to the orderlies. She smiled at him as soon as she saw her.

“Dr. Kim, is my wife okay? How about our baby?” Khun enquired.

“Victoria and the baby are in stable condition. Victoria’s blood pressure was elevated earlier and I think something stressed her too much causing her to faint.  “Dr. Kim explained.

“I’ll try to check on what happened at home. Do we have to keep her in the hospital for days?” he asked.

“We’ll just keep her here over the night for monitoring. She can just stay here in the ER for now .You can go home by tomorrow morning. And Khun, I know it’s not your fault but let me remind that too much stress is not good for your wife’s condition. Better if we can keep her stable and healthy till she gives birth.” Dr Kim stated.

“Yes Dr. Kim. I’ll handle this matter immediately. Thank you for taking care of my wife.” Khun replied.

Khun took a seat on the chair by Victoria’s bedside.  He watched the steady rise and fall of her chest as she breaths. Khun took her hand and kissed it. For some time he just watched her sleeping peacefully as he tried to look for answers on who’s behind all tonight’s incident. After a couple of minutes, his phone rang and he moved towards the door so he won’t wake up his wife.

“Hi Minho!” he greeted.

“Hi Hyung. I read your message. Dad’s already sent his man on your place to investigate. We’ll also install surveillance camera in Noona’s office and your place. I’ll also send someone to look after her.” Minho relates.

“Thank you Minho. Beka mentioned that Victoria received a package tonight. I hope there’s something that might lead us to the perpetrator.” Khun replied.

“I’ll update you as soon as I receive report from our team. Anyway, Sulli wants to see Noona . I’ll drop her at the hospital and head to your place to supervise.”

“She’s sleeping as of the moment. I guess it would be better if Sulli will just visit her at home since Dr.Kim told us that we can be discharge tomorrow. “Khun explained.

“Can we stay in your place tonight? I don’t want to leave my wife alone. She’s worrying too much.”  Minho enquired.

“No problem Minho. Just call me if there’s an update. I’ll stay here with my wife. “ Khun confirmed.

“I will Hyung. Take care of Noona and we’ll see you tomorrow.” Minho bid goodbye.

Victoria was already awake when Khun went back by her side.

“Honey, why are we here? “She asked in confusion.

“You fainted at home. Can you not remember anything?” Khun asked back.

“Well I, just came home and Beka said there’s a package for me.  Then, Oh my God, Khun. There’s a doll on the box. It’s body severed and bloody. Oh my God!” Victoria cried out.

“Calm down, baby. I’m here. Please calm down. Remember our child. He’ll get stress as well. I’m here. Please calm down.” Khun wrapped her in his embrace to pacify her.

“Baby, who’s doing all this? Are they going to hurt our baby?” Victoria asked worriedly.

“I already called Minho. They’re in our house investigating. We will also have someone accompany you in the office since I can’t be with you at all times.” Khun told her.

“Do you think it’s because of the case we’re handling? We’re almost at the end of the trial so I don’t think I can drop it off.” She asked again.

“I’m not 100% sure but it’s the only reason I can think of right now. I know how important that case is to you but we need you to take a rest for a few days. We can ask Krystal to represent the Kim’s on the next trial.” Khun requested

“Alright. A few days will be fine. I’m sure Krystal can handle it .” Victoria replied in defeat.

“Thank you, love. Anyway, Dr.Kim said that we can go home tomorrow. Sulli and Minho are staying in the house tonight. I’m sure you’ll love spending time with your sister. “ Khun told his wife.

“That’s good to hear. I’m hungry, honey. Can you get me some food?”  Victoria asked with an aegyo.

Not trusting to leave his wife alone, he called in a nurse to look after her as he bought some food for them. When he came back, he had couple of bags in hand. He thanked the nurse and began arranging the food on the table.

“Can we finish that baby? That’s a bit too much don’t you think?” Victoria said with a smile.

“I don’t know what you want to eat so I just bought what I think you would like. So what do you want to have now? Khun asked with a blush.

“Can I have the spaghetti and garlic bread?” she answered.

Khun began feeding her the spaghetti and after a few spoons Victoria‘s already full. Khun finished all the food that was left. He just disposed the trash and settled beside his wife who’s already dozing off.

The next morning, Victoria was discharged from the hospital. As soon as they arrived, Sulli rushed and welcome her home.

“ Unnie!” Sulli greeted and wrapped her in a big bear hug.

“Yah! Honey, be careful. Noona might get gurt.” Minho reminded his wife with a smile.

“It’s okay, Minho. This pretty wife of yours just missed me. And I miss her too.” Victoria countered and hugs back her sister. Together they all went inside the house with Khun trailing after them.

“Noona, I hope it’s not gonna stress you out but do you notice anything fishy with Lee Donghae? “ Minho asked

“Well it’s normal for him to fire words with us before trial but nothing more than that.” Victoria replied.

“My team is currently looking closely at him. Once you’re back to work someone will keep an eye on you and Krystal. But don’t worry, Noona, they’ll be very discreet and will try to be invisible as possible. “Minho explains.

“I hope you’ll be okay with this, baby. This is for your own safety.” Khun added to which Victoria agreed.

“Unnie, I have something to tell you!” Sulli exclaimed and changed the topic of discussion.

“Well, would that be something to do with little Minho or little Sulli? “ Victoria teased.

“How did you know, Unnie?!” Sulli asked in surprise and then turn to her husband.  Did you tell her, honey?”

“He didn’t tell me, baby. I just knew. I can see the glow in your face.” Victoria replied and hugged her sister.

“Congratulations Minho and Sul.” Khun greeted the couple.

“ By the way, Sul, did you inform Mom and Dad about your baby?” Victoria asked.

“Not yet Unnie. We will visit them in Jeolla this weekend. “ Sulli replied.

“I’m happy for you Sulli. You’ll have a baby just a few months after me.  Im sure Mom and Dad will be very happy.” Victoria said as she hugged her sister.

“I know Unnie. Two months from now and you will have your baby in your arms. Are you not really going to check if it’s a boy or a girl?” Sulli asked.

“No. Khun and I wanted it to be a surprise. “She replied stubbornly making the Choi couple and Khun laughed.

Sulli and Miho stayed til dinner. Just before they left, Minho asked Khun to talk privately.

“ Hyung, the only finger prints we can trace on the package were the ones from Beka –ssi and Noona. As of now, my men are trying to check Lee Donghae. Someone’s trailing after him. We will try to resolve this as soon as possible.

“I trust you and your man Mnho. I just hope it’ll really end soon. I don’t want to put Victoria and the baby at risk.” Khun replied.

“We’ll do our best Hyung. “ Minho assured him.

“Thanks Minho and take care of Sulli. Drive carefully.” Khun and bid goodbye to the couple.

Khun took a few days leave from the hospital to stay with Victoria. Only for emergency cases will he be called. They decided to decorate the nursery room and head to the department store to buy some furniture. Just as they were about to leave Khun received a phone call.

“Hello, Tiffany. Yes I’m doing fine. Bangladesh? “