A Day in the Life of Ilhoon

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks went by and it was already the month of December. During those past weeks, they've been living their lives like the way it was. Doojoon was the same old lazy person who does nothing while Hyunjoo was still the same hard working girl. Now that the person who owned the ddukbokki shop has healed, Doojoon stopped working there. He wasn't looking for money in the first place. It was just so the bakery ahjumma could get some rest.

Ilhoon on the other hand, hasn't been too well. Ever since Hyunjoo left his house a couple months ago, he hasn't been on good terms with his friends. They aren't the ones who avoid him; he's the one who avoids them. His friends try and try and try to get him to talk to them, but he ignores them. No matter how hard he tries, he can't forgive them. They practically locked him in his own room so he couldn’t answer the door when Hyunjoo came back from work. They could've let her in and settled things verbally.

Ilhoon couldn't stand sitting beside Minhyuk during classes so he sat in Hyunjoo's seat, which was far away from his so-called friend. At lunch, he'd always go up to the roof. No one knew he was up there since only Hyunjoo and him has been. He'd look down from the roof, trying to spot the impossibly hard --to-find Hyunjoo in the streets. During work, he'd close early, instead of close late. He had absolutely no energy to close late anymore, moreover close at the right time. He would also come home and eat a bowl of ramen. He just keeps going downhill. He's getting skinnier; he has no more baby fat in his cheeks and his grades are dropping. People would think he's crazy for being depressed for a girl who he only knew for a month or so. Ilhoon didn't care what others thought of him. He knew Hyunjoo was the only person for him.

He liked the way she looked, the way she's strong, they way she cares for people, the way she smirks, scoffs, hurts people - basically everything about her. It was love at first sight for him.

It was a cold winter day in December. Ilhoon woke up before his alarm clock because his foot escaped his warm blanket and was exposed to the cold. He opened his eyes to meet his dark ceiling. He sat up and pulled his leg back into the blanket to warm it up before he headed to the washroom. He the light and faced the mirror. His reflection was horrible. Apart from his hair sticking in many directions, his black roots were coming back. His face was skinny and he had big dark eye bags. He sighed at the mirror and took his toothpaste bottle and squeezed it on his toothbrush. Once he was done with the washroom, he walked back to his room and wore his wrinkled uniform. He threw his blazer on and walked to the kitchen to drink a glass of water and grabbed a bun from his refrigerator. He grabbed his bag on the living room floor and threw in his bun before zipping it. He grabbed his winter jacket and threw it over him before wearing his mittens and scarf.

He opened the door and walked to school in the freezing weather.

At school, no one really noticed him. They probably forgot he even was once part of the new kingka group since he hasn't been seen with them. BTOB has been gaining popularity as the months gone by. More people had recognized them as Korean idols. They all knew how to sing and dance, probably at the same time too. B2ST on the other hand, don't really sing nor dance. They're more of a sporty group.

Ilhoon entered the building to see B2ST being crowded by girls. He made eye contact with Doojoon for a couple seconds before breaking it and going to his locker. He grabbed the respective books for his class before closing his locker and heading to class. He walked in and sat in the front if the class, where Hyunjoo used to sit.

While he was waiting for the teacher to appear, a can was placed on his table. He looked at the hand that was holding the can and trailed up their arm to look at their face. It was a girl in his class. She's the nicest in his class and is friendly with everyone. "I thought you might need this. You look more tired than usual." She smiled and headed back to her seat.

He stared at the can on his table. It was a ginseng tea drink again. It was normal for him to receive a drink from her. Everyday, she would always provide him a small can of ginseng tea, green tea, or lemon green tea. He's never says thanks or asks why she kept giving him a drink. He just acc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter