Her Two Students

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days went by and Ilhoon's ankle was getting better. He hadn't talked to Hyunjoo since that accident. He could never find the time to during class, or even after class.

It was first period and Mr. Bae finally finished marking those tests they did a while ago. "Okay class. I've marked your tests. I'll announce the average once I pass it out." He passed the papers out to the students and of course, Hyunjoo got perfect. She wasn’t lying when she told him she’d get perfect.

"You all did better than previous tests and I mostly give the credit to Hyunjoo." She gave him a smug smile and an air prop. He ignored her and continued, "But there were still students who failed the test. The average is 63%."

Hyunjoo's face dropped. "What?!" She stood up and faced the class, "My mark should've boosted the class average! What is wrong with – let me see your marks." She walked around to check their papers.

The boy who didn't want to be tutored by her got a 49%. She shook her head, "I thought you didn't want to be tutored by me. I guess you really like me around, huh?" She walked around and found 4 people who failed. She passed by Minhyuk and Ilhoon. Minhyuk passed with a 67% and she clicked her tongue. She looked at Ilhoon's paper, but he refused to show her. She raised her eyebrow, "What's wrong with your mark?"

"N-nothing. I... drew inappropriate pictures on there, so I can't let you see it." Minhyuk snickered beside him. She gave him a weird look but yanked it out of his grasp anyways. He hid his face between his arms on his desk.

"Teach..." she said, still scanning the test. "Do I have to tutor this kid?" She looked at him and he nodded. "He's one of them."

"How can I possibly teach a kid with a 32%?!" she screamed and the class burst into laughter. Minhyuk laughed the loudest while Ilhoon wished he could just disappear. "Stop laughing at me!" Ilhoon hissed at his friend. "You don't have great marks either!"

"The other person who you'll be tutoring is, Minhyuk." Minhyuk choked on his saliva and it was Ilhoon's turn to laugh at his friend. Once he calmed down, he shouted, "What? How? I got a 67%!"

"That's just this test. That doesn't mean your overal average is poor." Minhyuk slammed his head on the table while Hyunjoo slapped her palm on her forehead and walked back to her table without checking the others.

"Both of you will be tutored by Hyunjoo everyday at the library-"

"Whoa!" Eunji interrupted him. "Everyday? You have to talk to us about that before you make such an unreasonable schedule. We have lives, you know."

"Fine, what days do you prefer?" he asked her.

"I'm only free Monday and Wednesday," she said.

Ilhoon raised his hand up, "I'm free any day but not for too long. I have work." The teacher looked at Minhyuk, who shrugged, "I go to the gym Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays."

He sighed and then suggested that they would get together 3 times a week during lunch break. The three didn’t complain and agreed to the schedule.

After math class, Hyunjoo walked up to Ilhoon and tapped him on the shoulder. He turned around and was surprised himself. This was the first time in a long time that they've talked to each other. "Y-yes?" he squeaked, but the cleared his throat. "I mean, what's up?"

"Uh..." She scratched her head. "When do you get off work?"

His heart accelerated. "N-nine. Why?" He was nervous right down to the bone. He didn't know why she was talking to him, and she was talking to him that wasn't school related. His eyes gleamed with hope when a strange idea popped up in his mind. Was she finally going to ask him to hang out?

"Oh...then never mind I asked." She turned around to walk away but Ilhoon grabbed her arm. "Tell me. What is it?"

"I..." she started. "Yes...?" He got ex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter