Who Is She?

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day arrived and Hyunjoo came on right when the bell rang. "'Sup teach." She waved. She threw her bag on the table and sat down.

The teacher sighed, "For the tenth time, it's Mr. Bae." He didn’t lke it when his students called him ‘teacher’ or ‘teach’. He wanted them to call him by his name. Was that so much to ask?

She nodded, "Whatever teach." He sighed again and started the class. "Okay class, get out your homework. I'll be checking them."

Hyunjoo took out her homework and placed it on her table for the teacher to collect.

"Wow, Hyunjoo. You did your homework?" He had a little smile, impressed. She thought she wouldn’t do anything in class. His small smile was wiped of his face when took the piece of paper. "...it's only half a page."

She shrugged with a smug smile. "You didn't say to we has to show our work, but I'll tell you something now. Just give me a perfect. You're just wasting your time, trying to look back and forth at the answer key."

He raised an eyebrow. "You're really that confident?"

Hyunjoo nodded, "Hey, I'll tell you a secret. Even I didn't know this was possible but I took a test and..." She motioned him to come closer. He rolled his eyes but leaned closer to hear her secret. "I got one wrong." She whispered. "I didn’t think it was possible!" she shouted in his ear.

He shot up by her sudden volume. The class laughed in amusement. "You know what my mistake was?" he asked him. "It was a stupid one too," she chuckled. "I wrote too fast and accidentally wrote a 6 instead of a 0. Stupid, huh?"

"Yeah... stupid." He couldn't care less and continued to collect the others’ work.

Ilhoon was even more interested in her. She was so interesting, so mysterious. She was acting cold to the teacher yesterday and yet she's the next day, she's comfortable with the teacher who was 30 years older than her.

"She's really hard to figure out." Ilhoon said to no one in particular.

"Who? Minhyuk asked. "Huh? Oh, Hyunjoo."

"She seems pretty easy to figure out to me. She's one of those annoying girls who take nothing seriously." He answered with a nod.

"That's not it. She's serious, and definitely not annoying. It's like she wants to keep everyone away, but at the same time, she doesn't."

His friend gave him a weird look. "Okay there. I think you should stop and pay attention. You're horrible at math."

Morning classes passed and it was already lunch. This time, Hyunjoo explored the school, not even thinking once about those B2ST boys from yesterday. She explored the school in 15 minutes and was pretty familiar with the school, thanks to her good memory.

She tried to look for a vacant spot in the school. She came across an unused class room. It was absolutely spotless. There was no speck of dust like the janitor cleaned it everyday even though it wsn’t occupied. She opened the door, which was unlocked. It looked like the door didn't even have a lock.

Hyunjoo stepped in and sat against the wall, facing the window. She plugged in her earphones and stuck them in her ears. Hyunjoo liked being in a calm and quiet atmosphere. It made it look like there is nothing horrible going on in her life, like everything is normal. It's the type of atmosphere that she can throw her troubles away just for that moment and escape reality.

Meanwhile in the cafeteria, the students were gossiping about Hyunjoo's whereabouts. "Where is she? Is she afraid of the kingkas?" "Obviously. I mean, who wouldn't be?" "Shh! Here comes B2ST!"

The six boys walked into the noisy cafeteria. They were already used to the noise and gossip that was mainly about them. This time though, it was a bit quieter. "Don't you think the cafeteria is quieter today?" Kikwang asked Hyunseung. He shrugged. "I don't know."

Kikwang rolled his eyes. "Why do I even bother asking you?"

"Hm? That girl isn't here today." Yoseob said as they walked closer to their table.

Doojoon scoffed, "Of course she isn't. She's scared of us. Who wouldn't do what we say?"

Junhyung shook his head. "I don't think that's the case. She probably forgot her way to the cafeteria.”

"She was really pretty though..." Yoseob pouted. Doojoon slapped his head, "You think every girl is pretty." They sat down at their table and the moment they do, a girl walked up to them. "Excuse me..."

The boys looked at the petite girl who had her hands behind their back. "This..." She stretched both her hands towards Yoseob. He stared at the little envelope. "What is it?" he asked her with a small smile. That made the girl blush even more.

"Uhm..." She couldn't find the words to say so she stretched her hands further, asking him to take it. Yoseob took it out of her hands. She bowed to leave but Yoseob told her to stop. She immediately turned around at his command. "Yes?"

"Do you possibly know who the girl that was sitting with us yesterday?" he asked. The girl's face fell. "Yes, why?"

"Do you know her name?" he asked. "She... forgot something and we want to return it to her."

"But she never-" Yoseob kicked Dongwoon's leg to shut him up, while giving her his heart throbbing smile.

The girl fell into Yoseob's tri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter