Settling In

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"This is it." Ilhoon opened the door to his apartment. It wasn't much. There was a small living room, a kitchen, one bedroom and a washroom. "Wait here. I...need to clean the place." He took of his shoes and rushed inside to grab every piece of garbage and clothing on the floor. She didn’t say anything and looked around the small apartment. Hyunjoo was still surprised he said yes.

"Can I live with you?"

Ilhoon didn't say anything. She looked away. "Sorry, it was a stupid question. I better go." She turned to leave but stopped to say, "I'll come by again. I don't know when but I will. So don't get depressed because I'm not there. Just pretend I didn't exist.”

Before she could take one step Ilhoon grabbed her wrist. "How can I pretend you never existed?" She turned around to face him. He gave her a big smile. "Of course you can live with me. I'm not going to lose you again. But you have to share the rent with me though!"

She shook her head while smiling, remembering what had happened hours ago. "Why are you smiling to yourself?" Ilhoon interrupted her thoughts. "Come in."

She took off her shoes and said, "I was thinking how dumb a person is to let a girl live under the same roof as him."

"You’re my BTOB buddy, so that doesn't include me."

She rolled her eyes. "It's great to know only boys can be in BTOB," she said sarcastically.

He ignored her sarcastic remark and toured her around his house. "This is the living room, to your left is the washroom, that door there is the bedroom and that's the kitchen."

She nodded. "Where’s my closet space?"

"Uh... Follow me." He led her to his room. It was simple yet a lot of things were in there. Such as his laptop, his stereo and his dj set. He opened his drawer doors and found one that did have much in it. He took out the contents in there and stuffed it in another drawer. "Here. Do you need another drawer?" he asked.

She shook her head. "I don't have much."

"Ah, if you need to hang something, hang it in here." He opened his closet. "I have extra hangers there. Don't worry, I won't touch your stuff."

"I wasnt expecting you to, " she said. He blushed. "Uh...you can take a shower if you want." He grabbed a clean towel. "It’s clean." She rummaged through her bag and found her towel. "I'm good thanks."

"R-right. I'll go…make dinner." He rushed out the room to the kitchen.

She scratched her head at the flushed Ilhoon. "He said I was another BTOB friend. Why is he acting like I'm a stranger?" She shrugged it off and went to the washroom.

In the kitchen Ilhoon was trying to calm his breathing. “Why am I so nervous? She's just a BTOB member." He slapped his cheeks a couple times. "It’s because I'm afraid she won't be comfortable. Yeah that's it," he convinced himself. Then, he started to make dinner. Once Hyunjoo was done, dinner was almost ready. She came out in a baggy tshirt and shorts, not short enough that the shirt would cover it, drying her hair.

She walked behind Ilhoon. "What are you making?"

He jumped in surprise and the soup splashed on him. "Ouch!" he yelled, holding his hand.

"Yah, watch what you're doing!" she scolded.

"It isn't my fault, you scared me!"

She shook her head. She grabbed the first aid kit from his bathroom that she saw and brought it to the kitchen. Ilhoon was already sitting at the table.

"Give me your hand," she told him. He let go and showed her his red hand. She shook her head and got up to grab ice from the fridge. She looked around and found a plastic bag to hold the ice. She filled the small plastic bag with ice and walked back to the table. Without warning, she placed it on his hand. "Cold!" he shouted.

"Don’t be a baby. It's your fault." He pouted at her, knowing it was her fault but kept quiet and watched her take care of his hand. "This is the second time you're helping me," he said.

She smirked, "I bet there i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter