Not Safe

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After explaining to them in a non-graphic way, they began to understand it. "Wow, I get it!" Ilhoon exclaimed. "Using cars are much better than...that,” he shuddered and Hyunjoo chuckled. They continued their tutoring when a teacher interrupted. "Kim Hyunjoo?" The boys looked at the each other while Hyunjoo didn’t look surprised at all. "Yeah?"

"I want you to come down to the office."

She smirked, "Took you long enough." She grabbed her things and stuffed it in her bag. "Just work on whatever you can. If there are questions you don't understand just leave it for another day." Without a goodbye, she left with the teacher.

The teacher and student arrived at the office and Hyunsoo saw the 4 girls that were in the washroom, sitting on the chairs provided around the table. They were either finishing up their sobs or rubbing their arm. She scoffed and she sat down across from them. "Wimps," she mumbled.

The school principle came out and asked, "What happened here?"

One of the sobbing girls explained her story and when she was finished, all Hyunjoo could do was scoff. That made the girls and the principle turn to her. “Do you have a different story?" the principle asked.

“It's called self defense. The washroom is the perfect place to gang up on someone and beat them to a pulp.” She turned to the girls and asked, “Why would you girls come to the washroom, wait outside my stall to ask me a question?"

The girls squirmed uncomfortably. "Is that true? I don't see you hurt." Hyunjoo rolled her eyes and emphasized the word, "self defense!"

The principle shook his head. "Whether or not it is or not, we still have to call your parents. Hyunjoo come with me.”

"I already told you, you can’t contact my family!" she groaned but followed him anyways. "You do. Two of your uncles came in today and gave us their contact information."

She stopped in her stracks."What? I don't have uncles. More or less, two."

He shrugged, "Two men came in and claimed to be your uncle."

She grew angry, getting the feeling that she knew show they were. "Claimed? They claimed? Did you do a background check on them?"

"There was no need to. You have no family so they would do since they are the only ones who know you,” he said calmly.

"What!?" she ran to the secretary who was about to call them, slammed the phone down, unplugged the wires, turned to the computer and deleted the information.

"What are you doing?” the principle yelled. Once she was done, she yelled back, "Don't ask me that! What the hell are you doing! You're claiming these people are my family when you don't even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter