Vunerable

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That night, Hyunjoo arrived home later than Doojoon, even though she was supposed to close the store early. In fact, they did close early but it was because she had to help Ilhoon on his math homework.

Hyunjoo pressed in the passcode to unlock the door and stepped inside to see Doojoon in front of her with his arms crossed. "What's wrong?" she asked him.

"I was waiting for you to come home," he answered. "Do you know what time it is?"

Hyunjoo looked at the wall clock. "Why, you can't look at the time yourself?"

Doojoon sighed in frustration. "The point is, why are you home so late?"

"I had stuff to do." She said, walking up the stairs.

"Yah, where are you going? I'm talking to you!" he shouted from the bottom of the stairs.

Hyunjoo reached the top and looked down at him. "Are you my dad? Don't talk to me that way!" she stormed off to her room and slammed it shut.

Doojoon scoffed. "How dare she slam my door? Yah!" He ran up the stairs and opened her door but she wasn't there. He heard the shower running. He banged on her washroom door. "Come out!" he stepped back so she wouldn't hit him with the door.

Her head and a part of her shoulder popped out the door. She already changed out of her clothes and was in her underwear since Doojoon could see her bra strap, making him blush and look away. "Yah! What the hell are you doing in my room?!"

"It's my guest room!" he shouted, not looking at her and pointing to her bed.

"It's my privacy! I could've been changing!" She picked up her slippers on the floor and threw one on his head. It hit him and fell into his hands. "Get out!" she slammed the washroom door.

Doojoon looked at her slipper and then back at the bathroom door. *Did she just throw...?*

He banged on the door again. "Why are you throwing my slippers at my head? I'll throw you out after you're done!"

"Fine!" he heard her say on the other side.

He threw the slipper down on the ground before making his way to her bed.

"I'll show her not to mess with me so late at night." he grumbled to himself. Doojoon yawned and lied down on her bed, promising to scold her when she came out but tiredness took over him. When Hyunjoo finished showering and putting on fresh clothes, she walked out the washroom to see Doojoon passed out on her bed.He was snoring loudly too.

She nudged him. Or more like kicked him in the thigh. "Yah, get up and go to your own room." He just squirmed around and mumbled something incoherent. Hyunjoo rolled her eyes. *Deep sleeper* "Fine, then get off the blanket and get on the pillow. Your neck will hurt if you don't."

Doojoon absentmindedly followed her orders. With his eyes closed, he scooted up towards her pillow and moved around so Hyunjoo could pull out the blanket underneath him. Once she did, Doojoon settled down and snored again almost immediately. *He must've had a tiring day* she thought. She drapped the covers over him, tucking his arms in, too. "You better thank me for this," she said and stood back up. She turned off the lights before closing the door shut behind her.

The next morning, Doojoon woke up with Hyunjoo nudging him. Or more like poking him with her toes. "Are you done sleeping in my room?"

"Hmm?" he rubbed his eyes and looked around. He wasn't in his blue room. *Oh right, I fell asleep here* He sat up and looked at the wall clock. It was only 8am. He groaned and lied back down and pulled the blanket back up to his neck "Why did you wake me up so early?"

Hyunjoo rolled her eyes. "You're an employee now. You have to wake up to go to work!" she pulled the blanket off him and he hissed at the cold air.

"Go to your own washroom this time," she said before going into the washroom to wash up. Being the lazy person he is, he pulled the blanket back up and continued sleeping. When she finished washing up, she came out to see Doojoon still sleeping. She sighed. *How dies this survive without someone having to take care of him?*

Boldly, Hyunjoo walked over to the bed and sat on his stomach. He made a sound and opened one eye. "You're heavy... Get off."

Hyunjoo crossed her arms. "I know, you already told me. Now get up, you're going to be late."

He took in a deep, raspy breath. "Fine. Get off, you're making it hard to breath." She stood back up and watched Doojoon get up with a yawn. His hair was all over the place, despite how short it was. After what seemed like hours, he finally got ready and was heading down the stairs, where Hyunjoo was trying to pass time by watching the news, since she wasn't a fan of dramas or cartoons.

"Did you eat?" he asked, walking to the kitchen.

She turned off the TV on the remote. "I ate a banana. Let's go, we're late."

"We?" he asked with a piece of fruit in his mouth.

 

"One serving here!" a customer ordered.

"Com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter