Tutor

The Way She Shines
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Over the weekend, Ilhoon was finally out of his crutches. "Ahh, it feels good to walk again,” he sighed happily. "Those crutches gave me blisters." He was at Sungjae's place along with his other 6 friends. Hyunshik chuckled, "Let's hope you don't fall down again."

"So, how is Hyunjoo noona?" Sungjae asked out of curiosity.

Ilhoon shrugged, "I haven't met her at lunch yet, but she seems fine during class." He suddenly thought about the two men that came by the shop. "Do you guys think Hyunjoo is someone to run away?"

"Run away from what? Home?" Changsub asked. Ilhoon shrugged, "I don't know." He remembered what the man said. He told him that she ran away, but he doubted it was from home. Those two men seem nothing like her family.

"From...anything. Just in general, do you think she would run away?"

"Probably," Minhyuk said. "She sounds tough but she probably isn't."

"I bet she can't even hurt a fly," Eunkwang commented. Boy, were they wrong and Ilhoon knew it. She twisted his arm like it was nothing. Ilhoon just chuckled.

"Why are you asking?" Peniel asked.

He decided to tell his friends about the two shady men that asked if he knew her. "Really? Hyunjoo noona would probably be scared if she knew those people found her." Sungjae sounded scared himself.

"That's probably why she warned us not to know her outside of school," Hyunshik said. "She knew those people were looking for her and didn't want anyone of us to rat out on her."

Ilhoon nodded in agreement, "But the question is, what did she run away from? Those people are obviously not her family." The others didn't say anything. Sungjae's mom knocked on the door. "There’s lunch downstairs, come and get it!"

"Yes!" "I'm famished!" "I hope it's bibimbap." The boys rushed downstairs but Eunkwang held Ilhoon back. He looked back at his brother. "What is it?"

He gave him a hard look. "You shouldn't be around Hyunjoo. She's involved with dangerous people; you’re going to get hurt."

Ilhoon broke away from his grasp. "I don't care, hyung. I'm her friend and friends stick together, no matter what. I'm not going to stay away from her because of that. Don't worry, I'll be careful." He walked out the room, heading towards the kitchen for lunch. Eunkwang shook his head. “I just hope you make the right choice.”

 

It was Monday and it was time for the first tutor session with Hyunjoo, Ilhoon and Minhyuk. They were in their classroom, taking out their pencils when Hyunjoo stood up. "You guys can eat your lunch if you want. We'll start in 10 minutes."

"Where are you going?" Ilhoon asked. "Washroom," she answered and walked out the classroom.

On the way there, she saw Yoseob. It had been a while since she saw him, and believe it or not, she kind of missed his bubbly presence. It made her think the world wasn’t so cruel. He waved, "Hi Hyunjoo noona!" As usual, she ignored him but he didn't take her silence as an answer. He grabbed her arm. "Hey!" she yelled.

"Hi, Yoseob!" he imitated her voice while making her hand wave at him. "Oh, hey, Hyunjoo noona, what's up!" he said in his own voice. "Oh, nothing really, just walking that way!" he imitated her voice again and made her arm point down the hallway. "Wow, really? I'm walking that way!" he pointed to the opposite side of the hallway. "Well, I'm going now, bye noona!" "Bye, Yoseobie~" he let go of her arm and walked away.

She blin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter