**Author's Note/Meet the Author**

And There You Were

Taeyeon: Hello? Is anybody here? I’m not really sure where I am right now.

 

Yuri: Hey Taeng! You’re here too?

 

Taeyeon: Yuri! Oh my god! Where the heck are we? Are we dead?! All I see is this white room and you.

 

Yuri: Haha. No we’re not dead Taeng. We’re here because we’re supposed to thank the readers.

 

Taeyeon: Readers? What are you talking about Yuri?

 

Yuri: The author wanted to take this time to introduce themselves. Author-nim said that we reached 100 upvotes and wanted to thank the readers. That’s why Author-nim invited us here.

 

Taeyeon: Author-nim? Update? 100 upvotes? Yuri you’re not making any sense! I don’t wanna be here anymore! I wanna go home and watch TV! It’s scary here… T_T

 

Yuri: Aww, don’t be scared Taeng. We’ll get back to the story- I mean home, later. Okay?

 

Taeyeon: *sniff* okay. I still don’t understand what you mean about an author-nim.

 

Yuri: Well the truth is Taeng, we’re actually not really-

 

Jessica: Come on Author! Let’s get this over with so I can get back to my world! I only had nine hours of sleep today and I still need four more!

 

Taishi: Oww! Will you two please let me go? I can walk you know.

 

Tiffany: Oh hush up Author. You should be thanking us that we’re escorting you to the readers.

 

Taishi: I would have gladly gone and thanked the readers on my own. You two didn’t have to break into my house and kidnap me in a limousine!

 

Taeyeon: Jessica? Hwang?! What are you two doing here? And why are you dragging that poor stranger towards us?

 

Yuri: Did you two kidnap the author? O_O

 

Jessica: Of course not Ms. Yuri. We just escorted the author with us in my limo and we exchanged pleasantries on the way here.

 

Taishi: You knocked me unconscious and I woke up in your limo with a bag over my head!

 

Tiffany: Oh wah. Just be grateful we didn’t use any violence.

 

Taishi: You hit the back of my head with a can of tuna! Multiple times!

 

Jessica: Oh my god! Do you ever stop complaining? We only did that because you didn't knock out the first time. You know maybe if you were to update more often, we’d have faster character development and wouldn’t have to drag you here by force!

 

Taeyeon: *hides behind Yuri* Is... is that the author you were talking about?

 

Yuri: Yup. That’s the author. Kind of an awkward way of meeting them for the first time.

 

Taeyeon: What did the author mean when they said character development?

 

Yuri: Well Taeng, the truth is-

 

Taishi: Never mind about that! Taeyeon! Yuri! It’s so good to meet you for the first time. I’m Taishi!

 

Yuri: The pleasure is all mine, Taishi. *points behind her back* I’m sure you know Taeyeon.

 

Taishi: Of course! *bends down a bit* Hello Taeyeon. I’m the Author.

 

Taeyeon: umm…hello. So uhh, why are you so special?

 

Taishi: Oh that’s right, I forgot I made your character a bit too slow in understanding information. Well in simple terms, I’m the one who created your world and all the people in it.

 

Taeyeon: So does that mean… you’re God?

 

Jessica: No you idiot. This is... okay now that I think about it, Taishi is kind of like a god. But then again Taishi is also human.

 

Taeyeon: *scratches head* I’m still confused.

 

Yuri: Well you see Taeng, we’re living in an alternate world that exists in the mind of an American who writes stories based on our alternative selves who are actually Korean pop idols.

 

Taeyeon: …what?

 

Tiffany: She’s saying you’re not real, stupid! We’re all just a bunch of toys for this er’s sick fantasies and we have no say in the matter!

 

Taishi: Tiffany! That’s not true! All of you do exist. You all exist in my mind. You all have feelings, hopes, and dreams just like everybody else. Just because your specific character doesn’t exist in reality, doesn’t mean you don’t matter at all. You all exist within the minds of the readers and me.

 

Yuri: Author-nim has a point there, Hwang.

 

Tiffany: Oh you darkie! I never asked for your opinion now did I?

 

Yuri: You wanna say that to my face you scrawny ?

 

Tiffany: Who’re you calling a you-

 

Taishi: Okay that’s it! *keeps Yuri and Tiffany apart* This was NOT the reason I wanted to bring you all here.

 

Taeyeon: So does that mean I can meet Elsa from Frozen? (⌒▽⌒)

 

Tiffany: (;一_一)

 

Jessica: (-_-)zzz

 

Yuri: Of course Taeng. I’m sure you can meet Elsa in another story. Right Author-nim?

 

Taishi: Umm, yeah. Taeyeon probably already met Elsa in another fanfic.

 

Taeyeon: Oh yeah! (≧∇≦)

 

Taishi: So anyways, back on topic. The reason I brought you all here is because I wanted to thank the readers for supporting the story!

 

Tiffany: You started this story two years ago. I’m surprised people are stupid enough to keep reading.

 

Taishi: Tiffany! I know it’s been two years since I started and I wish we were farther in the story, but I’ve been really busy with school and life. I promised the readers I wanted to give them a story like no other. I didn’t want to give a five chapter story where you and Taeyeon become a couple in the third chapter.

 

Taeyeon: Wait, what?! A couple with Hwang?!

 

Tiffany: What kind of sick joke are you trying to pull? I would never want to go out with this ugly midget!

 

Taeyeon: That goes double for me! Except the midget part since she’s a bit taller than me. And I guess she’s not really ugly and all… but she’s still a bully.

 

Tiffany: You deserved it you stupid-

 

Taishi: Okay that’s enough out of you two. *separates Tiffany and Taeyeon* Before we get into talks about the story, I wanted to discuss a little bit about your characters.

 

Tiffany: Whatever… *turns around and takes ten steps away from them*

 

Taishi: Some readers might now know this, but these four characters actually represent a part of me throughout my life.

 

Yuri: Really? I never knew that.

 

Taishi: Yuri actually represents who I am on the inside right now. I don’t like seeing my friends sad and I always try my best to make them happy and help them however I can. I also tend to worry over the little things

 

Yuri: So that’s where I get character. That’s really interesting. But wait a minute… That means Jessica and Tiffany…

 

Taishi: Tiffany actually represents the person I wanted to/ could have been in high school. Mind you I wasn’t a bully, but I did have a temper on me. I was bullied constantly in high school. I really wished I was strong and knocked anybody out who made fun of me. At the same time, I was also very sad on the inside.

 

Yuri: *shivers* that’s really sad Author-nim. And now we have to live in a world where we have your inner rage being a to Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany: *flips middle finger from afar*

 

Jessica: and how about me? I’m sure I represent the best parts of you.

 

Taishi: Actually Jessica, you represent who I am on the outside. I said I want to be helpful to people, but most of the time I'm not. In my university, I rarely ever smile and I find some people annoying and loud. When I'm bored I would usually listen to my iPod or check my cell phone. I also tend to say some harsh words when I don’t really mean them. Plus whenever I try to liven up a situation, the atmosphere almost always gets cold.

 

Jessica: Hmph, I’d say those are the best parts about you.

 

Taeyeon: So what about me? I’m sure I didn’t really make a difference in your life.

 

Taishi: That’s not true Taeyeon. In fact, you represent my true self in high school. I lived on a military base in Japan for six years before moving to the U.S. for high school. Like you I was picked on and awkward towards people. I always wanted a close friend in high school and possible a love interest. I had to go through almost everything you’re going through now.

 

Taeyeon: So you got hit by a bus and had your bully molest you too?

 

Taishi: umm… I wouldn’t go that far.

 

Tiffany: *walks back toward the crowd* and so what?! You just shared some bull info that nobody cares about. Why not just say thanks to your stupid readers so I can go back to ruining Kim’s life?

 

Taishi: *sigh* you know what Tiffany? I’m going to give the readers a little taste on what to expect in the future.

 

Tiffany: The hell are you talking-

 

Taishi: *snap*

 

Tiffany: *shakes head and looks at Taeyeon. Runs towards her with urgency, pushing Yuri away with ease*

 

Yuri: What the hell? *falls to the ground*

 

Jessica: Ms. Yuri! *goes and tends to Yuri*

 

Tiffany: Taetae, are you okay? *Tiffany gently caresses Taeyeon’s baby face*

 

Taeyeon: *cringes at Tiffany’s touch*

 

Tiffany: Taetae? What’s wrong? *starts to get teary eyed*

 

Taeyeon: *looks to author* what the hell just happened?

 

Taishi: Well you see Taeyeon, this might be the new Tiffany after a few chapters. Don’t you like her this way?

 

Taeyeon: Well, I guess it’s better than her not punching my face or calling me names. But to be honest, it’s a lil scary.

 

Tiffany: *gasp* You think I’m scary? *sniff*

 

Taeyeon: No no no! You’re not scary. You’re actually really pretty when you act like this.

 

Tiffany: *eye smile* really?

 

Taeyeon: *heart almost stopped* *gasp* Oh my god… I never knew you could be this cute.

 

Tiffany: Hee hee!

*tackles Taeyeon down without hurting her* *rubs her head on Taeyeon’s chest*

Can you my hair Taetae?

 

Taeyeon: Hehe, sure. * Tiffany’s long brown hair with a smile on her face*

I hate to admit it Author-sshi, but I really like Hwang like this. Can’t you just change her personality like this when we get back home?

 

Taishi: Sorry Taeng. If I did that, the story wouldn’t make any sense. You’re gonna have to go through some drama and get to know her better before she starts to act like the girl in your arms.

 

Taeyeon: *sigh* fine. But to be honest I still don’t really like the bully Hwang, but if she’s really like this eventually, then I think life would be a lot easier for me.

 

Tiffany: Taetae?

 

Taeyeon: Yes Hwang?

 

Tiffany: Please don’t call me by my last name. It sounds mean. Can’t just call me Stephanie?

 

Taeyeon: Right, that’s your real name. I almost forgot. Well then *clears throat*

            You’re so cute, my little Stephanie.

 

Tiffany: Heehee, you’re cute too Taetae.

 

Taeyeon: So will she eventually turn out like this?

 

Taishi: Can’t make any promises Taeng. For all we know, she might be more dominant or she might be a bully forever.

 

Taeyeon: …wait, what?

 

Yuri: *rubs her head as she regains consciousness* *see’s Taeyeon*

            Hwang! What the hell do you think you’re doing?!

 

Taishi: Woah Yuri! *grabs Yuri’s shoulders* Settle down. I just tweaked Tiffany’s personality to show Taeyeon how Tiffany might turn out.

 

Yuri: Well turn her back! Nobody, especially Hwang, deserves to be touching her like that!

 

Jessica: Ms. Yuri control yourself! Maybe that’s just how the story turns out. There’s nothing you can do about it.

 

Yuri: *clenches fist* No. I can’t accept that, Jessica. No offense to you, but I know I can protect Taeyeon better than your of a friend.

 

Jessica: *sigh* Author, do you mind?

 

Taishi: Sure Jessica.

 

Yuri: Wait, what are you-

 

Taishi: *snap*

 

Yuri: *shakes head* *looks at the girl next to her*

            …’sica?

 

Jessica: Really author? Sica?

 

Taishi: *lifts shoulders* It’s a cute name.

 

Yuri: *reaches arms around Jessica and squeezes her in a tight embrace*

 

Jessica: umph! Let me go Ms. Yuri! I swear to god if you wrinkle my blouse-

 

Yuri: *whispers into Jessica’s ear*

            Sica…

 

Jessica: *stops struggling*

            …what?

 

Yuri: I know I’m a bad girl Sica. I know I don’t deserve you. But if you let me, I can make a good girl out of you. Just trust your seobang.

 

Jessica: *practically melts in Yuri’s arms* mmm, Seobang. My Yul Seobang…

 

Taishi: Umm, Jessi?

 

Jessica: *glares at Taishi* I swear if Ms. Yuri isn’t exactly like this in the next three chapters, I going to break into reality and-

 

Taishi: Jessica I can’t make any promises. For all we know, Yuri might go out with Taeyeon.

 

Jessica: *signals Yuri to let her go* *walks up to Taishi and squeezes between the author’s shoulder and neck*

 

Taishi: OWWW!!!! *falls to the ground in pain*

 

Jessica: I’m not playing games here Author.

              Ms. Yuri and me.

              Good girl.

              SEOBANG!

 

Taishi: Okay, okay. *slowly gets up* I’ll give you two some YulSic moments, but no promises.

 

Jessica: Hmph, you better make them good. *goes back and cuddles into Yuri’s arms*

 

Taishi: *looks at the cuddling YulSic couple and lovely TaeNy couple*

Well it looks like they’re distracted. So as I was saying before, I want to thank you all for being patient with me and following my story so far. I know this is a long story, but if you bear with me for little while longer, I can promise you’ll I’ll continue to do my best to give everyone a story like no other.

 

Taeyeon: So wait a minute. *walks towards Taishi with Tiffany holding her waist* What’s going to happen now? We all know you exist now, so how do we all go back to living life?

 

Taishi: Easy. Have you ever seen Men In Black?

 

Tiffany: Ooo, I don’t like that movie. The aliens were scary.

 

Taishi: Well, *puts on sunglasses* *pulls out silver stick with red light* this is like a neurolizer from the movie. Once I push this button, you’ll all be back in your world doing what you were doing before coming to this place and you won’t remember me or the time you spent in this white room of introductions.

 

Taeyeon: So I won’t get to remember Tiffany like this?!

 

Tiffany: But I don’t want to forget about my cute little Taetae. *hugs Taeyeon close*

 

Jessica: I understand Author, because I know Yuri will eventually be mine. *glares at Taishi*

 

Yuri: While it does seem unfair, *puts arm around Jessica* we all trust you with this story Author-nim. I know you won’t let us down. *grins*

 

Taishi: Thanks Yul. Don’t worry everyone. This won’t hurt.

 

*Yuri tightly holdsJessica* *Tiffany snuggles her head in the crook of Taeyeon’s neck*

 

Taishi: So before we end this, again I thank you all for the love and support you’ve all given me and these four right next to me. I never thought my story would get 100 upvotes or almost 700 subscribers! I hope everybody continues to show support for ATYW!

 

*red light begins to brighten*

 

Taeyeon: Wait a minute Author-shhi! I forgot to ask you something! What’s your real name?!

 

*BIG FLASH OF LIGHT*