Awkward Pt. 2

And There You Were

Taeyeon’s eyes were open wide while Yuri’s eyes were tightly shut, both of their lips mashing, Taeyeon’s lips not moving an inch while Yuri’s were seductively kissing around ; Taeyeon didn’t dare to open too wide.

 

Taeyeon was panicking at first, but after her mild panic attack, she noticed that this kiss felt different compared to Tiffany’s. When Hwang kissed her, the entire world stopped and she could taste strawberries. With Yuri it felt nice and it was slightly arousing, but it wasn’t the same as Tiffany’s kiss. Taeyeon wondered why that was.

 

After what felt like only a few seconds, Yuri pulled back with a low and y moan; her face red and sweaty. Taeyeon’s eyes were still wide with shock and wasn’t sure what to do right now. Yuri didn’t want to make eye contact with her confused friend, so she kept her eyes shut as she was her lips to savor Taeyeon’s ‘flavor’.

 

Taeyeon was shaken up a bit as she took a hold of edge of the bedside table.

 

“Y…Yuri…” Taeyeon stuttered. “W…wh…what was that?”

 

Yuri gulped when she heard Taeyeon speak. She tried to look at her friend, but can only manage to look at .

 

“Well…. You could say I was curious,” Yuri whimpered.

 

Taeyeon put her hand in the air to stop her from speaking.

 

“Curious about what Yuri?”

 

Yuri scratched her neck in worry. “Taeng, I don’t know if you noticed but, I really like you,” Yuri admitted honestly.

 

“Well, I like you too Yuri,” Taeyeon blurted out without understanding the context.

 

“Not like that Taeng. More than a friendly way.”

 

Taeyeon had to look to the ceiling as she thought about it. If Yuri liked her more than a friend, what did that mean? The only way you can be more than a friend is a girlfriend and…

 

The imaginary light bulb finally clicked on above Taeyeon’s head as she put two and two together. She looked back at Yuri with her eyebrow arched very high and slightly agape.

 

“Really Yuri? You are…” Taeyeon was so baffled, she didn’t even know what more to say.

 

“I don’t know Taeng. I honestly can’t describe it. Like I’m pretty sure I’m straight, but when I see you and everything you do, it’s just… I don’t know!” Yuri hid her face in her palms, her head spinning in circles.

 

“Yuri, I don’t-”

 

Taeyeon didn’t know how to finish her sentence. There were so many thoughts colliding with one another inside her head. This was her best friend here. The only person she could trust about anything and her only true friend right now.

 

Ever since she met Sunny, Taeyeon swore to herself that she would never try to get too intimate if she was to ever have another friend again. Yet here comes a girl who literally takes care of her like a loving sister and now said girl is literally throwing herself onto Taeyeon and the confused blonde isn’t sure what she should do or even say.

 

“Yuri I think you’re confused. I know you care about me, but maybe you’re seeing it the wrong way? I know we’re best friends, but you don’t have to become gay just because you found out I’m gay. We can still be friends and you can still be straight,” Taeyeon reassured with a pat on Yuri’s knee.

 

Yuri looked back with watery eyes and shook her head.

 

“No Taeyeon, I think you’re the one who doesn’t understand. It’s true when I first met you I liked boys, but then after getting to know you…” Yuri threw her hands in the air out of frustration. “I don’t know. I don’t think I like girls, but then something happened. I remember in my dreams I try to picture the perfect person who’d complete me and always be there for me, and there you were. You were always on my mind Taeng and I never understood it until now.”

 

“But what about Jessica? I’m sure she see’s you in that type of way. She was always flirting with you and trying to get your attention. If you’re curious about being gay, I’m sure she’d be happy to-”

 

“You still don’t understand,” Yuri interjected. “First off I find Jessica really annoying and what you call flirting, I call it being weird. As nice as Jessica is to me, I just don’t see her in that way. I don’t see any girls in that type of way except for you Taeng.

 

The shorter girl couldn’t comprehend what was going on and things only got more confusing when Yuri reached out to gently grab her hands.

 

“Taeyeon, for the longest time I’ve felt like we’ve been more than friends. More than best friends. I don’t know if I’d call myself gay, but what I do know is that I always want to be with you and I don’t ever want to see you sad,” Yuri confessed as she drew small circles with her thumbs on Taeyeon’s hands.

 

“Yuri…I don’t think-”

 

“Taeyeon.” Yuri placed a finger on her friend’s soft lips. “I know this is selfish of me, but I don’t think my heart can take a response from you right now. Do you think you can just think it over for a while and let me know next time we meet?” Yuri asked with pleading eyes.

 

Taeyeon was about to say something, but instead just nodded in understanding as Yuri slowly moved her hands away. Taeyeon absolutely didn’t know what to do in this situation. This was a first time a girl actually confessed to her. What’s more, it was a really cute girl she also cared for. The problem was, she cared for her like a sister and dating one’s own sister was just plain wrong in Taeyeon’s mind.

 

While Taeyeon was lost in thought, Yuri cleared and scratched the back of her head.

 

“Not to be rude Taeng, but I think this might be the best time for you to leave. I feel like I’ve already destroyed the mood as it is and I think I can speak for the both of us, but it feels really awkward right now.”

 

Taeyeon nodded with an understanding smile. She too could feel the tenseness in the air and she wanted nothing more than to leave the situation right now. She hopped off the bed and tossed the book on the bedside table, almost knocking over a Mickey Mouse doll; she didn't remember Yuri having that doll the last time she visited her room. Before reaching for the doorknob, she heard Yuri move on the bed.

 

“Before you go Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon had her hand on the knob, but turned her head to see Yuri with her head down, almost as if she was about to cry.

 

“Just keep in mind. We both like each other and care about one another. I feel like if we were even closer, I’d try even harder to make sure you’ll never feel sad. I’d make sure Hwang, Jessica, or anybody who tries to make you cry will never lay a finger on you because I won’t let them. I’d make sure you’re the happiest girl in the world Taeng. I really would. Because I really care about you. You could even say that I lo…lov…”

 

Yuri couldn’t finish her sentence because she knows using that ‘L’ word was too soon and Taeyeon probably didn’t feel that way, or not yet at least.

 

As much as that made her happy, Taeyeon just nodded her head as a sign she understood. She silently left the room, leaving Yuri to wallow in tears; afraid that she might have ruined her friendship with the only girl she ever loved.

 

***

 

Taeyeon went out that night to get some dinner at a local fast food restaurant. Her mother went to go visit her father in Busan, so Taeyeon was going to be left alone in her apartment for three days. Her mind felt completely empty as she already finished her second cheeseburger. For some reason, she couldn’t feel hunger or fullness in her stomach. It didn’t really matter though. For the entire evening, Taeyeon just walked around the streets mulling around the idea of her and Yuri.

 

One side of her thought it’d be a great idea. Having her first girlfriend would make high school much more bearable. She already liked Yuri as a friend, so why not have her as a girlfriend?

 

But then the other side of her saw Yuri as family and it wouldn’t be right. Yuri was a nice girl and she deserved better than Taeyeon. Plus as she thought about it, Yuri’s confession was similar to her own when she first confessed to Sunny back in middle school. If she was to accept Yuri’s courtship, wouldn’t that be counted as settling for her because she felt sorry for her? Or maybe Taeyeon didn’t want to go out with Yuri because she was scared she’d ruin their relationship and they would never become friends again.

 

To lose Yuri would be the very worst thing in Taeyeon’s life.

 

Taeyeon walked around the markets and even ate ₩10,000 worth of street food. She walked around aimlessly around the park as she continued to mull around the thoughts of Yuri in her head. She even thought about how she was supposed to go back to school with all the kids looking at her like an outcast. There was way too much on Taeyeon’s plate and she really wished she didn’t have to deal with this right now.

 

On Taeyeon’s cell phone, the screen read 9:42PM. Taeyeon thought it would be a good time to head back home before a police officer mistakes her for an elementary student again and tries to drive her to the police station. Luckily on the way back home she didn’t see any police officers, but she did get a few looks from people as if they were thinking ‘what’s this kid doing, walking around late at night?”.

 

She eventually made it to the front of her apartment door and lazily punched in the pass code above her doorknob. She took off her shoes in the entrance way and the lights in the kitchen. She made her way to get herself a glass of water, but then she heard a small bump coming from her room.

 

The small hairs on the back of Taeyeon’s neck stood high. The now scared girl held her breath in silence in order to hear anything else. So far the sound of deafening silence rang her ears and she thought she was just hearing things, but again she heard another bump that came from her bedroom. Taeyeon didn’t have any pets since her dog was staying with her dad. The only possible explanation was that there was probably a burglar in her room and they were probably stealing her computer or smelling her or whatever burglars did.

 

She quickly reached for a frying pan from the sink and slowly tiptoed towards her bedroom door. She barely made out two voices in her room. It sounded like they were arguing about something. She firmly grasped the frying pan and slowly twisted the door knob. Her only plan was to run in there and swing the pan around, hopefully knocking out the burglars.

 

Okay on the count of three, Taeyeon.

 

 

1…

 

 

…2…

 

 

……3!!!

 

 

“AAAAAHHHHH!!!”

 

Taeyeon swung the door wide open and charged in head first into the dark room and screamed like a maniac as she swung around her frying pan like some kind of mad woman. She ran around swinging, hoping she can knock out the bad guys quickly.

 

She thought she saw something move in the darkness and sprinted towards it with frying pan cocked back and ready to be swung. Just before she could hit one of the bad guys, she felt a very sharp paint on her left temple which caused her to lose her grip on her makeshift weapon and the right side of her body slam hard onto her fluffy carpet, her consciousness fading away.

 

***

 

“…I think you over did it…I’d be surprised if she doesn’t have brain damage after all the times you’ve hit her head.”

 

“It’s not like I killed her or anything, look. She’s coming back now.”

 

Taeyeon’s eyes slowly started to flutter open. The brightness in the room was a sign that her ceiling lamp was . She could barely make out the two figures looking at her from above.

 

“Well would’cha look at that. She’s waking up. And here I thought you put her in a coma.”

 

Taeyeon slowly sat up from the ground, her head still feeling a bit woozy. She was rubbing her left temple that still felt tender to the touch. As her vision started to comeback, her heart nearly stopped beating when she saw who the burglars were.

 

“Morning Princess ,” Tiffany sneered as she was leaning on the wall.

 

“Seriously Tiff? We come into her house uninvited and you call her a ? Honestly…”

 

“Jessica? Hwang?!” Taeyeon scurried back in fright, trying to feel around for her frying pan.

 

“Relax Kim, we’re not here to hurt you,” Jessica reassured as she sat on Taeyeon’s bed.

 

Taeyeon hardly believed that as she quickly got to her feet as her back was against the wall. She wanted to make sure Tiffany Hwang was a good four meters away from her.

 

“What are you doing here?! How did you get in here?! Why are you here?! Oh my god, please don’t hurt me! You can take my , but please don't hurt me,” Taeyeon pleaded with tears almost coming to her eyes.

 

“Take your... for god sakes Kim. We have no use for your yeast infected boy shorts, ” Tiffany criticized from across the room. "You see Jessi? is ing retarded. I told you this is a waste of my time."

 

Jessica walked towards the scared girls with a kind yet untrustworthy smile. She lightly put her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder and moved her face close to Taeyeon’s.

 

"What are you going to do to me?" Taeyeon trembled in fear.

 

“Don’t worry Kim,” Jessica giggled. “We’re just here for a little slumber party.”


오랜만이다! (Long time no see!) How are ya'll doing? Thank you so much for being patient for my next update. As most of you already know, I've been busy getting my paper work and preparing to move to Korea to teach English. Yay Taishi! But even so, I'm still trying my best to update my story. I'm hoping to update the next chapter soon, as well as my other story and a one-shot/multi-shot. I hope you all noticed that this story is moving forward again and we actually might see some TaeNy soon? Who knows, lol. But yeah, thank you so much for the support everybody has been giving me.

 

As always I highly recommend leaving a comment and constructive criticism. Even if you don't normally like to comment, no need to be shy. We're all friends here :) Also if you really like the story, an upvote would be really appreciated as well. Take care everyone! I wonder what's going to happen at Taeyeon's 'Slumber Party?'