The Last Days part 1

Lie To Me

 

The final exam will start next Monday, the studying system from when the students got home and then not eating any dinner and straight to books are what Yoona, Kyuhyun, Krystal and Minho facing right now. For Kyuhyun, the graduation is like the mediocre situation and it’s not too sad. For Krystal, it’s like the end of everything, she’s afraid she might lose both of them, Minho and Kyuhyun. And yet she’s still didn’t have any idea to shout that words to them. For Yoona, it’s the freedom moment, she wants to get away as far as possible from high school. And for Minho, it’s just the same like Krystal, the different is he just worrying about one person. So that Thursday afternoon, Kyuhyun is in the library reading the algebra books all by himself. And someone’s came walking up to him.

Oppa.”

Kyuhyun close his book by reflex, and turns out Seohyun is sitting beside him now.

KH: oh hi Seohyun. May i help you?

SH: i’m sorry for not remembering you at all. It was a long time ago, i can’t possibly remember your face up until now. – she said, signing that she looks really sorry.

KH: it’s okayy, it’s been 3 years already, yeah? Of course you will forget me hahaha, i don’t mind either. Anyway, how’s Singapore?

SH: it’s fine. It’s really fun actually, the people there are friendly..  –Oppa, i have something to tell you. it’s about Yoona eonni.

Kyuhyun bite his lips and gets up from his chair, acts like he wants to put back the algebra books back to the shelf, where it supposed to be in front of his chair back then, but he just want to avoid this topic. Seohyun gets up as well and chase him across the library. “Why, you don’t want to listen?” Kyuhyun stops and stares at the innocent yet confused Seohyun, he wants to say something but he keeps staring at her until he give up and let her talk.

SH: i didn’t mean to be rude. But i accidentally kind of.........reading her diary..... – she looks down and plays her feet around, like a little kid who got busted.

KH: hey. it’s rude you know, you didn’t mean to be rude but it still is. It’s her privacy you have to respect it.

SH: yes i know!!! But it just lie on the bed and in an opened condition! I can’t help but to look. This page i read........it includes about you. I read ALL of it, i felt sorry for eonni. I want to help her but i wonder will you be mad at me......

KH: what is she precisely wrote there about me?

SH: ahhh oppa does want to know. I thought you’re the one who said that we should respect someone’s privacy. – now she’s being a teaser towards Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun puts the poker face on his and starts to walk away, but then Seohyun grabs his arm and beg him to listen. Now she’s really serious, she wants to help Yoona. “I’ll quote it for you.”

That Sunday morning when you asked me to go out with you, Kyuhyun, and how you talked to me on the phone, i almost have nothing to say i thought thing was supposed to go on like i expected but turns out it didn't. Krystal is way more better than me, i get it. There's nothing more i could do except looking at you everyday at school, hoping that you will always feel happy. I know i don't.” Seohyun stops and carefully notice the speechless expression that Kyuhyun gave silently to her, then she shook his shoulder.

SH: now tell me, are you that insensitive much to not know how my eonni feels about you? Is she being not too clear until you let her down? Poor eonni..

***

 

The final exam, last day

The bell rings, the teacher sign the students to hand the paper and get out of the class immediately. Krystal saw Kyuhyun stands at the balcony facing the view below. She hugs him from the back.

KS: this is it, huh? High school ends.

Kyuhyun, acting like a statue and not responding to her hug at all, “Not really. We still have prom and also the announcement of the graduation.” Krystal let go of him and stands beside, she really wants to lean her head like she did on the bus stop but afraid Kyuhyun might get away and tell her to go home. She feels like he made a space between them, they’re been going out for 6 months now and they didn’t even kiss. Krystal feels this is going nowhere.

KS: i’m going to San Francisco for college. And might not come back.

KH: ...............San Francisco? When will you leave?

KS: after the graduation, i hope to see you on the airport when i leave. Now why don’t you just talk to Yoona about this.

Kyuhyun finally turns his head facing Krystal now, finally paying attention. “Talk to her about what?

KS: OH KYUHYUN PLEASE DON’T PRETEND TO BE STUPID -- said Krystal finally getting out her anger-- You know, i know, she knows! WE ALL KNOW. Why don’t you just be brave and tell me that our relationship is not working anymore??! Why don’t you just clarify this COMPLICATED THINGS to Yoona?! Why don’t you just open your eyes and see what did exactly happened right in front of your eyes??! -- she hit Kyuhyun's arm a couple of times, she's really, really furious.

KH: so now you’re telling me this? How about you then, how about Minho? Shouldn’t it be him to be there when you’re going to leave?

Kyuhyun’s voice is almost had it, he almost lose it if he can’t control himself. Krystal stood in front of him with the i-won’t-cry face and walks away. He kicks the garbage can and went to the boy’s restroom to wash his face. Yeah, who is he kidding all this time? He knows. He freakin’ damn knows what’s going on all this time, he’s just in denial.

***

 

8pm, Yoona’s house

Seohyun is busy in the kitchen with Yoona, preparing the food for dinner while Yoona’s dad and her sister are busy with their own business. Seohyun looking carefully to her, she’s cutting the carrots and stares blankly to nowhere. “She look like she have no soul.” thought Seohyun to herself.

SH: eonni let me cut the carrots, why don’t you just peel off the potatoes.

YN: no Seohyun i can do this.

Suddenly the bell rings and Seohyun gestured her to open it. Yoona took off her apron and walks slowly to the front door.

“Got a minute?” he says as Yoona open up the door, showing his tired and sad face clearly to Yoona.

YN: it depends on what are you trying to say to me.

 

 

 

 



 

hi! i'm finally back! sorry if this chapter is a bit . I'm so confused about what am i going to do next with this complicated relationship going on between ALL OF THEM. sigh :' wish me luck for the next chapters! comments and subscribe~