Epilogue

Lie To Me

 

 

Kyuhyun – Yoona

It’s been three years already since she left me and not even a single day I missed without thinking about her, I realized now that I can’t –really—lived without her. Not literally like those people said on tv, because you know you can live without depending on somebody else ‘cause you got oxygen to live. Which means, Yoona is my oxygen. Everyday I passed with some blank thoughts and also my hopes of going to Sydney, to go up to her and to tell her the truth.

 

First lecture

“Good morning class, today I wanna give the discussion about the water crisis in Sydney. What’s causing it and how to fix it, I need you to write a report about this and if you can attach some pictures that would be so much better. I  expect this to be done by the end of semester, which will come soon.” The lecturer explains briefly, seems like he doesn’t take a single breath.

Kyuhyun stares blankly to the whiteboard and like he’s been stung, he raised his hand abruptly and asked, “Wait a minute, sir. Sydney??”

The lecturer, whose writing on the whiteboard so seriously, turn his back around and looked at him as if he’s in a mental sickness or something, “Yes, now do I have to repeat myself, Mr. Cho?”

“That’ll be unnecessary, sir. Thank you. But one more question, do we have to go there to do research about the water crisis?” asked Kyuhyun carefully, he keep his hand up and his mouth is opened, curiously paying attention to what the lecturer will say.

“Well if you want, you can do that.” Answered him, and after that the whole class went quiet again, and left Kyuhyun playing with his pen instead of writing the discussions down, blankly, and confused.

 

 

Sydney, Australia 9.50am

Phone rings, signed that someone texted her and she didn’t bother. All she cares about is her time of sleep, sleeping has been a very rare thing that happened to her since the last seven days in her busy end of semester. Yoona forced herself out of the bed and check her phone out.

 

Text Message. Sender: Strcft guy
Hey it’s me. I know it’s been a long time—wait, a reaallllly long time since we’ve last met, and I don’t have any idea if this is still your number, or maybe you deleted mine from your contacts so you can’t recognize me, but anyway, I just want you to know that I’ll go there this Friday.


Deleted him? Deleted his number. Funny thing, since she’s always remember and will never forget about it, she’s keeping whatever related to him. She even remembers how he smile and how his clothes smells like peppermint when she left for Sydney that day. It’s all clear in her head, she never forget. And whom she never forget will come to Sydney, within Friday. This three years she’s been through made her realized that maybe she can’t move on even one single step and figure that it’s the time to forgive somebody.

***

 

 

Kyuhyun arrived in Sydney on a very bright Friday morning. He’s rarely going out of country since the last time he had was in the junior high school with his parents. He got a nice hotel near the opera house, he really planned this all. Not too long after he’s checking in, he went outside to go for a library, he knows that this is not a vacation—at all. He walked down the streets seeing everybody linking arms to each other some seating on the benches and eat ice cream together, he feels like everybody is cheating on him, teasing him. When he found the library he immediately went inside and look for the environment section. “Water Crisis, The Impacts on Sydney”  a book with an interesting cover and seems not so hard to read looking by its pages. Minutes later he found himself drowning in that book, focusing on everything seriously.

“I heard someone will come by.” Said someone, a female voice, behind his back. He was as surprised as he can be, when he know that voice is a familiar voice from somebody he loved, somebody he missed so much after all this three years. He turns around and sees Yoona holding her phone, smiling at him.

He didn’t do anything first, he just stares surprisingly towards her, still holding that water crisis book. “Didn’t you want to hug me? We haven’t met for three years, you know.” Yoona melts the awkwardness and Kyuhyun gets up and hug her tightly, “I thought you will never show up. How did you found out I was here?” ask him behind her hair, he absorbs all the oxygen around her as if he became alive again, as if Yoona is the real oxygen he’d been waiting for all this time. “I know you like books and I know you’re on your way to the end of semester so I figure that you’re totally not on vacation in here for sure. How are you?” she said, her voice is trembling, mix of the happiness and also sadness from the epic meeting with Kyuhyun again.

“I’m fine. How are you? I missed you. I missed you, so much.” Everybody around them starts noticing and some starts teasing them but Kyuhyun doesn’t care at all. He missed her, it’s all that matters. “I missed you too.” Answered her, and they let go of each other and sit together. “Kyu?” she calls shyly and start pretending to focus on the book in front of her, “What is it?” he grab her hand and stares at her, paying his full attention. “I will come back. Right after I finish this all.”

Kyuhyun’s grip getting tighter and his heart is in a countdown for a burst out. He can’t help to notice that he’s beyond happy. “So that means you forgive me?” Yoona turns around, facing Kyuhyun, can’t help but noticing that he’s  here, real in front of her, loving and waiting for her. No one else. “Yeah, I think so.” Kyuhyun paused and stares at her for a while, Yoona’s waiting for what will he say next, “So.....that means you still have my number?” Yoona bursted her laugh out and hit his chest playfully, “Nooo, I deleted it long ago. I forgot all about you.” she jokes around and falls to his arms, which embracing her deeply and caring. He grins and kiss the top of her head and says, “I love you.” Yoona his arms and whispers back “I love you too.” As the librarian starts walking towards them and commanded to keep quiet.


 

Seohyun

It’s the heaviest day of my life. Seoul is hating me today, it’s raining hard and unusually, there’s a traffic jam around Kyunghee. How come? Is it because the heavy rain? I’m in the bus, waiting for this car to get moving for at least almost an hour now. They’re all moving 5 centimetres every 5 minutes. This is insane, plus, the dark skies that covering until the corners of Seoul really making me frustrated. I hate bad weather, it makes me feeling sad and unhappy and upset and else. I glance at my report about South Korea’s Economy System besides me, it’s very thick and I decided to put it aside while the cars are not moving anywhere so I can rest my arms. Suddenly someone going up to the bus with his wet coat and sit heartlessly beside me, sitting on my thick Economy System’s report. The one I’ve been working on since two months ago.

“Hey!!!! Watch out!” I literally screamed and push him away to save my one and only report. Great, now it’s wet, and there is no way—I repeat—NO WAY—that my lecturer will ever accept this. GREAT. Thank you sir whatever your name is you just ruined my life.

“Aigo I’m so sorry miss, I didn’t see that. Sorry! I’m so sorry!”

Lucky him I’m that type of girl that won’t shout her lungs out when she’s angry at the public place. So I just clean the spot where he sit before and glares at my report desperately. I have to re-write this oh my lord. Get real. I turn my sights at him and I think he assumed I will cry desperately in front of him which I will not, and glaring back to my report.

***

 

 

First class

I’m late. Everybody is in the class and the discussion has already started. This lecturer, this is the furious one. Aigo, ottohke? Barge in to the class is just the same like attempting suicide. Okay maybe that’s a bit exaggerating but it’s kinda true.

“Are you going to come inside or what? It’s already started.” Asked someone behind me. I turned around and almost drop all my stuff as I see who is it. This guy again, this guy that ruined my report and not even trying to offer me to help recover my report. He goes to this university? Oh great. Arrrrggghhh.

“You again?” my voice is so cynical that myself didn’t expect it.

“Ahhh you. I’m sorry, okay? Don’t be mad again please, it’s just a report you can make it again. By the way my name is Jung Yonghwa, I just found out now that turns out we’re in the same class. I never saw you before.” this guy sure talks too much. And what’s that ‘make it again’ things he said? Can I just smack him with a very thick encyclopedia book? “You know you can’t just say to me like you command me to make one of this again, I worked hard for this. From my point of view you look like someone who doesn’t take college seriously.” I pointed out.

“Hey, for the record, I took college pretty much seriously, okay? Don’t just judge me like that!” Yonghwa splash his wet coat towards my face and I can feel the heat that slowly crawling up to the top of my head, I think I’m going to blow up. Right when I want to yell at his face, the lecturer opens the door and shouts at us. “What are you two doing making such commotion out here? Get in the class, NOW!”

***

 

 

What happens next is Seohyun’s report is rejected by the lecturer, when the first break started, she’s silently pack her things and also cries as she walks slowly to the cafetaria. The lecturer commented besides the wet condition of the report, also adds that the contents are irrelevant, the irrelevant part hurts her the most. She wish that her Kyuhyun oppa is here right now to hear her story and maybe just give her a simple advice and she will get better. Seohyun drags her feet to a closest table and sits weakly on the chair.

“Hey. Don’t be sad, I apologize. Let me make it up to you, I can help you to find more relevant sources.” said that voice who’s suddenly somehow sitting beside her now. “Go away, I can find it all by myself.” Seohyun answered with a curt tone. “Come on, I want to apologized, now you mad at me? My mom used to say that it’s bad to not forgive someone who apologize to you.” Seohyun paused her cries and snivels as she face Yonghwa. Her blushing cheeks and an extremely pink nose makes her look like a lost kid. Yonghwa resist his urge to laugh, “There, there. Let me help you, okay?” he pats her head and giggles.


 

Krystal – Minho

“Ms. Jung how many times should I told you to not mix the ankle boots with this type of outfit? It doesn’t match at all.” Ms. Taylor scolds her again for the mistakes she’d been doing occasionally this week. Krystal exhaled slowly, like having a big burden above her shoulder. She works as a trainee of editor’s assistant in Marie Claire magazine, she knows she’s a lucky one but at some event, she regrets her decision about taking the part-time job at this magazine. Adds by the not too friendly people who keep scolding her like this is all her fault. She took out  her phone and dialed up his number. Minho’s.

“Hello?” answered a voice across the phone. Krystal smiles excitedly and answered cheerfully, “Hey dear how are you??! I’m callin’ here from San Francisco. Yo.” While Krystal getting all gangster there, Minho smiles because of just hearing his beloved girl’s voice, he missed her so much, not meeting her and being apart in a very different continents kinda drive him mad. “Hahahaha, I’m fine. What about you? Any problem with your job, dear?”

Krystal’s cheerful expression fades away and she glance to the busy people walking around her staring and commanding and also forcing her to get off the phone. “What problem? I don’t have any problem.” She said, maintaining her cheerful voice. “Alright then if you say so. Hey, listen. I’ve been saving my money to go there to meet you, it had been hard times but it’s okay.” Suddenly Minho’s tone of voice getting deeper and sadder. “No! Honey you don’t have to go all the way here, it’s too expensive for the plane’s ticket. You don’t have to, wait for me, around christmas I will come back I promise.”

“You said that last christmas, Krystal. And turns out you didn’t go home.” A disappointed tone obviously came up in his words. Krystal pouts and starts to bite her nails. “This time, please? I promise. Will you wait?” she bites her nails even harder. Minho exhales heavily and finally agrees to her, again, like he did last year. And he actually waits for her but she didn’t showed up.

***

 

Seoul, South Korea. December 24th

Streets full of those red decorations, Minho walks through the crowds and every couples on christmas’ night. Still no sign of her up until now, not a single text message or phone call. He wonders if maybe she’ll break her promise again this time like she did on last year’s christmas which made him really disappointed with her. Minho decides to go home and sleep as fast as he could, because he know she will never come. Maybe next time, he shouldn’t tell her about going to San Francisco to meet up. So she will not stopping him and making empty promises.

When he arrived at his apartment and gets out from the elevator, he sees a girl holding a box of present, covered in a red gift wrapping. He couldn’t move even an inch when he realized it’s Krystal. She’s here. She’s really here, this time she keeps her promise. He slink to her and hugged her from the back, “You came!!!”

Krystal laughs and turns around to hug him back “Merry christmas!!” she kiss his cheek and slowly stands in front of him. “For you.” Minho takes it from her hand and opens it in a rush, curious. He got a Dr. Dre headphone, the one he’s been telling to Krystal, a black headphone, his favorite. He hugs her again, tighter this time with a headphone in his hand, gave her a peck and brings her inside his apartment. “I told you I will go home.”Krystal said, pleased by herself. Minho puts his present on the coffee table and smiles slightly “Merry christmas, dear.” He said, as he quickly make two cups of hot chocolate.

 

 

 

 

 

 


hey guys so this is finally the end :'(
hehe I'm sorry like I said on my foreword that this is my first fic ever, I'm sorry if it and some of you may not understand what this means. 
Sorry if it bores you :-( but I will try to make another fic (which is very hard because the idea can't come up and I'm on the middle of the practical exams.......) but yeah I will. Thanks subscribers! Thank you readers! 사랑해~