chapter eleven

today, tomorrow

a/n originally have two endings for this and I have finally decided which one I want to use ;) was feeling kinda productive and so here’s another update \o/

__

 

“Are you sure it’s really okay for you to be here this early in the morning?” Wooyoung flicks his eyes to the clock on the wall. Nichkhun’s supposed to be at college but here is he now in their kitchen making ice cream cocktail with canned fruits. Nichkhun scoops the ice cream into the large bowl first, empties the canned fruits and then pours in some soda.

“It’s fine. I don’t have classes anyway. And it’s not that early, it’s already past lunch time,” Nichkhun makes a point. There’s an ice cream smudge on his thumb so he cleans it off by putting it into his mouth. “There, done,” he announces, picking the empty can and tube and throwing them into the bin. Wooyoung takes a look at the food, and he’s not going to lie. It actually looks good and very mouthwatering. “I brought some movies,” Nichkhun takes them out from his duffel bag and shows the dvd cases at Wooyoung.

“Well then, let’s watch some movies.” Wooyoung takes two spoons and shoves them into the bowl, letting Nichkhun carries it upstairs to their lounge area. He has his duffle bag with him so it means that he probably has basketball practice later on that day, which also means they won’t be spending too much time together today. Wooyoung’s trying not to feel too disappointed about it. Wooyoung enters his room to get his stuff first before joining Nichkhun sitting on the floor and devouring the cocktail. “This is go— oh ,” he throws the spoon back into the bowl, feeling the attack of the brain freeze. Nichkhun stops eating and looks worried for a second, until Wooyoung shoves his thumb into his mouth and presses it against his palate, and then Nichkhun’s suddenly laughing at him. Wooyoung frowns at him, feeling the tears blurring his vision and pulling his thumb out as the pain slowly subsides. “Is this funny to you? I’m in pain!”

“Sorry, sorry!” Nichkhun apologizes, laughter still lingering. With the frown still on his face, Wooyoung pouts sulkily and continues eating the cocktail. “It’s just— just—” Nichkhun tries to talk, appears blank for a while and then bursts out laughing again as he falls down on the floor with his arms pressing onto his stomach. “You look so funny— and cute— why are you so adorable?”

Wooyoung slams the spoon into the bowl and glares at Nichkhun. “I was in pain, it wasn’t supposed to be funny or adorable!” Wooyoung tells him off but he doesn’t know why it only makes Nichkhun laugh louder. “Yah!” he screams, but Nichkhun’s laughter must be contagious because he feels his own laughter trying to escape from his mouth. Before it happens though, he crawls closer to Nichkhun and hits at the side of his thigh repeatedly. “It’s not funny, it’s not funny, it’s not funny!”

“Ow, ow, owww! Okay, okay!” Nichkhun surrenders. Wooyoung stops hitting him and goes back to his seat. Nichkhun still has a small laugh coming out his mouth but as he sits back down, his hand reaches for the spoon to scoop the cocktail. “Here’s a peace offering,” he says, moving the spoon closer to Wooyoung’s mouth. Wooyoung fights a little, crossing his arms over his chest and looks away, refusing to let Nichkhun feed him. “Awwh, come on. Hmm maybe you want more peaches and white grapes?”

Wooyoung takes a glance from the corners of his eyes. “And cherries too,” he says.

“Hmm? Cherries too? Okay, okay.” Nichkhun scoops the ice cream along with slices of peach, grape and cherry before he tries to feed Wooyoung again. Wooyoung shifts his eyes at Nichkhun begrudgingly, but eats the cocktail anyway. “Okay, now we’re cool again.”

“I see what kind of person you are now, Nichkhun. Other people’s pain and suffering brings such great pleasure to you.” Wooyoung wipes the edge of his mouth with his finger.

“That is not true,” Nichkhun denies, shaking his head.

“Don’t even try to deny it! You were obviously laughing at me just now…See! You even have tears in your eyes from laughing too much!” Wooyoung points out. Nichkhun hurriedly dabs his finger at the corner of his eye and indeed finds tears.

“Because it was so funny,” he says again.

“Not funny!” Wooyoung disapproves. “When you get one, I will laugh so hard until I cry and let’s see if you still think it’s funny then.”

“It was actually really cute, when you had your thumb stuck into your mouth,” Nichkhun explains. “You look like a baby. Giant baby,” he chuckles.

“Do you really want to get hit again?” Wooyoung threatens. Nichkhun doesn’t seem scared of it though. In fact, he resorts on teasing Wooyoung some more.

“You’re so violent. Is that how you show your love to me?”

“Nichkhun!” Wooyoung hits Nichkhun on his arm. He flinches a little but doesn’t stop.

“I guess the greater the pain, the greater the love is. Hit me all you want then!”

“Esshhhh,” Wooyoung punches Nichkhun lightly on his arm out of annoyance. “You’re so mean,” Wooyoung sighs but his hand is rubbing on Nichkhun’s arm where he had punched him just now.

“I’m sorry, you know I was just kidding,” Nichkhun smiles. “Now let’s see the list,” he says.

“Oh, right,” Wooyoung remembers what they’re actually here for, although neither of them seem to bring up the topic about watching movies again. He takes the crumpled paper out of his journal and gives it to Nichkhun, who straightens it out and puts it on the table for the both of them to see.

“You’ve actually had a lot of things done.” Nichkhun goes through the list, his finger tracing down and down looking for unscratched words.

“Like you said before, most of them are trivial things so it wasn’t that hard to accomplish half the list,” Wooyoung shrugs. He takes another bite on the cocktail and lets half the spoon in into his mouth. “I should make a new list.”

“This is still fine,” Nichkhun says. “What do you want to do today?”

“Maybe we don’t really have to do anything today. Just watch the movies you brought then? Or—” he inquires.

“Or what?”

“Or will you let me draw you today?” Wooyoung grins.

“You want to draw me?” Nichkhun arches his eyebrows up in amusement. Wooyoung nods his head. “Do I still get to watch the movies though?”

“That’s fine. I won’t bother you. Just gonna draw some sketches…” Wooyoung picks a pencil up, closes one eye and juts his tongue out a little as he peers at Nichkhun’s figure moving around from over his outstretched pencil-top to measure his proportions.

Nichkhun switches on the television and dvd player, puts the disc in and looks over at Wooyoung from where he is. “Umm, what are you doing?”

“Measuring your proportions,” Wooyoung answers. “Tch, you have such a perfect proportion, how am I supposed to draw you now?”

“Just draw it as you like,” Nichkhun takes the remote control and sits on the sofa facing Wooyoung, his long legs stretching out. “Is this okay?”

“Yes,” Wooyoung nods. He’s still on the floor and will stay there, so he leans his back against the sofa behind him, pulls his knees closer and places his sketchbook on his thighs before he starts his sketches. Nichkhun smiles and presses the movie play.

“Draw me like one of your French boys,” he jokes. Wooyoung snorts, almost ruining the outlines of his sketch when hearing Nichkhun’s words.

“I have no French boys. Just one Thai guy,” Wooyoung replies. This brings a smile on Nichkhun’s face somehow. They both turn quiet as the movie plays; Nichkhun busy putting his concentration on the story and eating the remaining cocktail at the same time, while Wooyoung’s busy with his sketches. He tries to draw a figure in different positions as a practice to smoothen the postures of his drawings.

“I wonder why it’s still here.”

“Hmm? What is?” Wooyoung asks distractedly, still absorbed in his sketches. He is so absorbed in it that he doesn’t even realize when Nichkhun has gotten up from the couch and taken a seat next to him.

“This,” Nichkhun pushes the paper onto Wooyoung’s view. He’s slightly surprised Nichkhun’s already next to him, but then looks at the paper to where Nichkhun’s finger is pointing. “Why is it still there?”

Wooyoung feels embarrassed a little and pushes the paper away from his view. “Yeah, well. You know,” he says ambiguously.

“What? We did done it before.”

“Yeah it was a direct kiss but it was just a peck on the lips,” Wooyoung clears out. The more Nichkhun continues to stay silence at his answer, the more Wooyoung feels the heat quickly spreading onto his face, so he tries to pretend to get absorbed in his drawing again.

“Are you saying you wanted a real kiss?” Wooyoung feels Nichkhun moving closer to him so he moves more to the side to avoid Nichkhun.

“Yeah but you can’t kiss me now!” Wooyoung quickly stops Nichkhun. Nichkhun halts and blinks his eyes at him.

“Why not?” he asks.

“Because my mom’s downstairs and she might walk in on us like this,” Wooyoung reasons, feeling a bit proud it makes so much sense that not even Nichkhun can deny it. “And also because,” he pokes the blunt end of his pencil on Nichkhun’s shoulder and pushes him away. Nichkhun falls back. “We’ve only been on several dates. I can’t let you kiss me, yet. I‘m not that easy,” he grins.

“Says the guy who let me kissed him once upon a time ago when we were still just friends,” Nichkhun smirks teasingly. Wooyoung narrows his eyes at Nichkhun in dissatisfaction.

“Okay I feel like I have to remind you I didn’t exactly let you kiss me but you were the one who stole it from me. Remember?”

“I remember you didn’t hate it.”

Wooyoung rolls his eyes and closes his sketchbook, climbing on the couch so he can lay down on it. Even though he can’t see the television from this position, he can see Nichkhun and as cheesy as it sounds, it’s so much better to look at Nichkhun than anything(anyone) else.

“Why are you staring at me?” Nichkhun glances briefly at Wooyoung. “Am I good-looking?”

“Yeah, but not as good-looking as I am,” Wooyoung jokes.

“You’re right at that one,” Nichkhun nods his head in agreement. Wooyoung laughs.

“No I’m not. You’re the good-looking one. No need to be nice.”

“I think you are good-looking,” Nichkhun tells him. Wooyoung tsks and rolls onto his stomach, burying half his face on the cushion. He stares at Nichkhun some more.

“Khun,” he calls, shifting his head into a much more comfortable position. Nichkhun hums back at him. “Why do you like me?”

“I just do,” Nichkhun answers.

“Tch. For no reason at all? Can we like someone without any specific reason?”

“Why not? Of course we can. It just means that you like them for everything they are, right?”

“Does that mean you like me because I am who I am?” Wooyoung asks some more.

“Mhmm.”

“You just like everything about me?”

“Yes.”

“Don’t lie,” Wooyoung narrows his eyes in suspicion. “There must be something about me that you don’t like.” Nichkhun smiles secretively. “Right?? I knew it,” he says, though he doesn’t really want to know what it is right now so he is glad when Nichkhun averts the question back at him.

“Why do you like me?”

“Hmm. Because you make my heart palpitates for all the right reasons.”

“Wow, who knew you can be this cheesy, huh?” Nichkhun bursts out laughing.

“Don’t make fun of me, Khun,” Wooyoung flicks his fingers onto Nichkhun’s ear. Nichkhun yelps and covers his ear with his hand.

“Okay I’m not making fun of you anymore.”

“Wise decision.”

“Okay, I’m just gonna let you stare at me some more,” he grins.

“Good.” Wooyoung expects Nichkhun was going to let him stare in peace, but it doesn’t look like it when keeps on talking.

“I look good from the side, don’t I?”

“Oh baby, you look good from every angle,” Wooyoung singsongs playfully.

Nichkhun chuckles. “Oh are we doing pet names now?”

“That wasn’t even a proper pet name. If I were to call you by pet name, I’d be calling you….Khun puppy.”

“Khun puppy?” Nichkhun’s eyebrow twitches in amusement. He turns to the side and makes a puppy face at Wooyoung. “Like this?”

Wooyoung immediately sits up and hugs the cushion. “Okay! You are forbidden from pulling that face on me from now on.”

“Aww, why?”

“It doesn’t suit you!” Wooyoung widens his eyes in disbelief. Actually, he’s pretty much dazzled by that face.

“I think you secretly like it.”

Wooyoung hits Nichkhun with the cushion, unwilling to lose and admit. “I don’t!” He does.

Nichkhun dodges from Wooyoung‘s attack and grabs the cushion so Wooyoung can‘t hit him anymore. “Okay then if I’m Khun puppy, you should be…Woo bunny?”

The bulb on his head lights up. “What? Does that even make any sense? I don’t even look like a bunny.” He puffs his cheeks out innocently and uses the peace signs he made with his fingers as the ears, curling and uncurling them for better effects. Nichkhun drops his jaw open in a mix of disbelief and awe, and then climbs to sit on the couch.

“You have been charged for going against the law by being too cute for anyone’s good and you should be punished with tickles!” he says, gripping Wooyoung’s sides with his hands and poking him with his fingers.

“Wait, what? No, stop!” Wooyoung yelps, squirming trying to avoid Nichkhun’s hand. When he fails, he tries to push Nichkhun away instead.

“Let me tickle you!” Nichkhun insists, laughing and trying to free his wrists from Wooyoung’s hands. Unfortunately, he succeeds so easily.

“Okay, Khun, stop!” Wooyoung laughs. “Let me breathe, let me breathe!”

“No,” Nichkhun refuses. When Wooyoung pushes him though, he surrenders easily and lets Wooyoung keep him bound against the couch and Wooyoung’s body.

“Okay, stop. For real,” Wooyoung says, trying to control his now ragged breathings. This definitely can‘t be good for his heart, the beatings so out of place but the rhythms are certainly different this time— happier and less painful— Wooyoung can feel. “Stop,” he warns again even though Nichkhun’s not doing anything that shows he was going to tickle Wooyoung some more. He takes a deep breath in and releases it, and then drapes himself on top of Nichkhun with his head resting against Nichkhun‘s chest.

“Are you okay?” Nichkhun chuckles, although there’s a tinge of worry in his voice. Wooyoung tries breathing properly and nods his head, sighing in content when he feels Nichkhun rubbing his hand on Wooyoung’s back in a comforting manner. “Are you gonna stay like this? Your mom might walk in on us like this,” he throws Wooyoung’s words back at him. Wooyoung hums lazily and hugs Nichkhun, already feeling too comfortable to move around.

“Do you have to leave?” he asks instead.

“In another hour or two,” Nichkhun confirms. Wooyoung feels Nichkhun his hair and then burying his nose on it. “You smell nice.”

“You are creepy,” Wooyoung says, although he doesn’t really mean it. He closes his eyes, feeling the exhaustion coming. Whether his heartbeat picks up pace for a good thing or not, it still makes him feel so tired so easily, and being in a comfortable position like this doesn’t really help either. Admittedly, he also thinks Nichkhun smells really nice— familiar, comforting scent relaxing all his senses. So very much Nichkhun-like.

“And you are tired,” Nichkhun says, burying his nose deeper into Wooyoung’s hair. Indeed, he is, and that makes him lazier to come up with witty replies so he stays quiet. They watch the movie in silence, and Wooyoung only realizesnow that it’s actually Japanese anime— something about magic and a weird moving castle. It’s fascinating, Wooyoung thinks— all these magical elements and how everything looks so much better in animation. If life was an animation, Wooyoung thinks he’d make his as perfect as possible and make sure it’s only happy ending waiting for him. He’s getting sleepier though and he really doesn’t want to waste his time with Nichkhun sleeping, so he starts another conversation with him.

“Is that a magic portal?” he asks, seeing how the characters get to different places from the same door. Actually, it is kind of obvious that it’s a magic portal that sends you to places, but he doesn’t know what else to talk about anyway.

“Yes,” Nichkhun replies. “Would be nice if we could get one, huh?”

“Would be easier for us to go to places. Where would you want it to take you to?”

“Your room.”

“Tch. Can you be serious for once?”

“I am serious. Where would you want to go?”

“Busan. The beach. I guess those green fields in the movie is quite nice too. Is there such place here in Korea?”

“Let’s look for one then,” Nichkhun suggests. “You’ve never been to the country side before?”

“Never. Hmm. Anyway, what actually happened to Sophie?” Wooyoung asks about the female character. He didn’t watch from the beginning so he’s not completely sure of what’s going on. He just knows Sophie is an old woman but she changes to a teenage girl at certain times.

“Sophie is a young girl but she is cursed by a witch and turns into an old woman. She travels into the Wastes seeking for a cure for her curse.”

“Oh.” It’s kind of ironic now that Wooyoung thinks about it. The more they watch this movie, the more he realizes how strikingly similar the story is to his and Nichkhun’s.

“You resemble Howl a lot,” Wooyoung comments. Nichkhun chuckles.

“How so?”

“You’re both good-looking,” he lamely reasons. Nichkhun chuckles again and presses a soft kiss at the top of Wooyoung’s head. Wooyoung doesn’t explain further.






Wooyoung doesn’t tell Nichkhun how he is so much alike like Howl— that it’s not only because they’re both good-looking and mesmerizing, or the fact that they both are blonde (even though Howl had dyed his hair to a different color during the other half of the movie). It’s because when Howl shape-shifts into a bird to go to the war and then has trouble changing back to his human form, it reminds him of how that’s actually Nichkhun being forced to be someone he’s not, someone who has a lot of responsibilities and expectations to meet, and how day by day as he tries to fit in that image, he’s slowly losing pieces of himself until it’s hard to recognize who he is anymore. But Howl only does it because he has people he wants to protect, and Wooyoung believes Nichkhun does, too.

While Howl was looking for a heart to fill his empty chest, Nichkhun is looking for a heart to understand and accept him for he is.

Wooyoung doesn’t tell Nichkhun how he thinks he himself is so much alike like Sophie because the reasons are as simple as: they’re both young and cursed. Sophie’s aging is her curse, Wooyoung’s disease is his. It is kind of ironic to how true this comparisons are. Sophie’s curse had turned her into an old woman, and this, to Wooyoung’s opinion, represents how he doesn’t have much time left and probably die because of his disease. While Nichkhun— well, Nichkhun, just like Howl, is gorgeous and young and magical, and he has a very bright future.

Wooyoung, most probably, doesn’t, unless he finds a cure for his curse.

“At least it has a happy ending,” Wooyoung thinks when he watches it again later that night after all the lights are out. Howl gets his heart back, and Sophie breaks from her curse after much sacrifices and love. At one point in his life, Wooyoung believed that anything he can imagine is real. Wooyoung thinks if he imagines and hopes enough, maybe he can get their own happy ending too.

+

“When can we get back home? I’m tired,” Wooyoung complains, pulling on his whiny face that he only shows to his family members.

“Soon, soon,” Minjun promises absently. He gets a hold on another pair of suit and holds it in front of Wooyoung to check if the color and style matches with him.

“Tell me why are we doing this again?” Wooyoung slumps his body into a lazy posture.

“Hyung, how about these?” Jinyoung and Jaebeom join them. They’re both wearing a formal jacket that’s too big for their body, their hands hidden underneath the long sleeves. Wooyoung smiles at his cute maknaes.

“Yah!” Minjun half-screams in disapproval and suppressed distress. “I told you to look for nice clothes.”

Jinyoung blinks with innocent eyes. “But these are nice.”

“And it’s the most cheapest one we can find in the store,” Jaebeom says.

“Don’t worry about the price, just find something really nice for you to wear at Fei’s restaurant opening.”

“Ohhh, this is about Fei noona?” Wooyoung wiggles his eyebrows, suddenly interested now.

“Just find something nice to wear to the party, okay?”

“There’s no need to wear suits and ties,” Wooyoung says. “Noona said we can wear anything we want. Right?” Wooyoung asks his younger brothers, who nodded their heads in agreement.

“Yeah, even wearing our school‘s uniform is acceptable.”

“Ayy, these punks. Do you want to embarrass me?”

“We’ll just wear something smart. You, on the other hand, should wear all this nice formal suit,” Wooyoung grabs on a random sleeve and waves it around before letting go.

“Uh, but I can’t be the only who wears them. That‘s embarrassing,” Minjun mutters. Wooyoung blinks and meets his gaze with his younger brothers’, and then cheeky grins appear on their faces.

“Ohhh, Minjun hyung wants to impress Fei noona,” Wooyoung teases.

“Yah!” Minjun widens his eyes at Wooyoung, but doesn’t deny it.

“Ohoho,” the younger ones whistle and clap their hands, further embarrassing and annoying Minjun.

“Hyung, if you want to impress Fei noona then you have to be the only one who looks good. If the three of us do too then you will have no chance at all.”

“Noona won’t even look at you,” Jinyoung agrees to Jaebeom’s words. Wooyoung laughs at their cheekiness.

“If anything, you don’t have to wear nice clothes to impress her, hyung. I think she already knows and appreciates you for who you are inside out,” Wooyoung says.

“Yeah, who doesn’t like our Minjun hyung? No one is comparable to you.”

Minjun looks touched and flattered at their compliments but then he freezes and narrows their eyes at them. “What is it that you want?”

“Nothing! You really are the best hyung!”

Minjun narrows his eyes some more.

“Okay, there’s this nice varsity jacket,” Jaebeom starts.

“And this cool snapback! Can we get those instead?” Jinyoung pleads with his puppy eyes. “Pleaseeeeee?”

Minjun looks away and checks on some more suits. “No.”

“Hyuuuuuuung.”

“Pleaseeeee? Fei noona would think they look good on us!”

“Nope,” Minjun refuses heartlessly with the shake of his head.

“Ayyy hyung,” Wooyoung pulls on Minjun’s sleeve. “Buy it for them and let them wear those. Kids their age don’t wear this kind of suits!” he points at the rows and rows of formal suits. Minjun sighs. “Okay how about we do it like this; the twins can get the jackets and hats, and both of us can get something more formal?” he tries to bargain. Minjun looks at Wooyoung and then at the twins contemplatively, and then sighs.

“Oh okay,” he agrees.

“Yeay!” the twins give each other a high-five and walk away to get their jackets and hats.

“Shouldn’t have made them buy these,” Wooyoung says. “Hyung they’re just a bunch of fifteen year olds. They don’t find these things cool,” he chuckles.

“Well yeah I thought we could all go wearing nice clothes.”

“Nice clothes do not only refer to suits and formal clothes though,” Wooyoung tells him. “I’ll go over there to look for some. Let’s hurry and finish this so we can go homeeeee.”

“Are you really that tired?”

“No,” Wooyoung answers as he walks away and then looks back at Minjun, sticking his tongue out when he adds “Just wanna see Nichkhun.”

“Yah, what’s with you and Nichkhun?” Minjun calls over. Wooyoung doesn’t reply and only sticks his tongue out at Minjun again, before taking his phone out as he looks over all the button up shirts on display.

how do you look like in formal suits?

me in suits? it’d be the finest display of a man you would ever see ;)

so full of yourself

;) ;) ;) ;)

not replying anymore



so girly

♥ ♥ ♥ 

♥ x90 ㅋㅋ