Mental

Triangle

I win some, I lose some. Last chapter got me a mixed reaction. As does every chapter I seem to write. Although that shouldn’t be surprising considering what kind of story I’m writing. I’ve been feeling a little bad because I continue to disappoint others. I’m sorry about that but! I will continue writing the original plot and to follow the outline I initially had.
Some of you really love the storyline while some don’t. Again, you win some, you lose some. Lol. But for those who are enjoying my story, thanks for your support and I hope you like this chapter! This one’s a more comedic chapter. :)
Oh, and I know this is late but I just noticed it. Thanks to sicasica90 for the upvote on AFF and to whoever rated my story with five stars on SSF. :D

~

Why would you eat my jelly?”

“Because you’ve been ignoring me!”

“I told you, I’m not!”

“That’s what you said two weeks ago, but ever since Tiff left-”

“Don’t bring Miyoung-ah into this.”

“I’m not, argh! Taeyeon you’re so frustrating!”

“Well then, leave me alone!”

“I have! That’s all I’ve been doing and nothing’s changed!”

“I just need you to shut up.”

“Shut up? You need me to shut up?!”

“Yes, that would mean shutting your mouth right now.”

“Tiff wouldn’t be happy about this.”

“I said don’t bring her into this!”

“I will, when you finally tell me what’s wrong!”

“Nothing’s wrong!”

“Yes, there is!”

“Just shut up!”

“I will not!”

“You’re distracting me!”

“From what? This argument?”

“Stop it, stop it, stop it!”

“Just tell me what I did wrong.”

“I said there’s nothing wrong!”

“I know you’re mad at me.”

“I’m not!”

“Stop yelling at me!”

“You stop yelling at me!”

“You’re the one who’s yelling all the time!”

“You have two seconds to step away from me…”

~

Taeyeon was going crazy. She had to be. There was no other explanation for it.

~

Time has passed since Valentine’s Day and it’s been nearly two months since the start of their arrangement. The arguments still occurred but they managed to work out their relationship like a well-oiled machine. They all slept in the same bed, with Tiffany sandwiched between the two, and they even got along. Taeyeon respected Jessica and vice versa, in turn making Tiffany extremely happy.

They were currently enjoying their time off, something that was rare for all three of them to have on the same day. Regardless, they decided to just laze about on the couch as a reward for a day off.

The ice princess was like a zombie, walking from the bedroom to the couch, “I’m still sleepy.”

Tiffany smiled at her girlfriend and watched as she plopped herself onto the couch. Taeyeon handed Jessica some pillows, receiving a rather cute yawn and a thanks. Jessica propped herself on the pillows and nearly fell asleep on the spot. She was soon joined by the mushroom who situated herself between her legs and leaned back against Jessica’s front.

“Aww, my poor baby.”

A smile graced Taeyeon’s features as she watched the two princesses cuddle with each other. It may have been because they were doing this for a while but she found it quite endearing. The lurking jealousy phase seemed to have faded away and was replaced with contentment. The shorty slowly sat down on the couch after grabbing a blanket for all of them to share. She flipped on the television and situated herself on top of Tiffany.

The television was on some random channel and no one spoke a word. It was a comfortable silence with only the sounds coming from the television filling the room. Taeyeon could feel the steady breathing of her girlfriend and she looked up to confirm her suspicions: Jessica and Tiffany had dozed off.

She didn’t know what it was, it could have been the lighting or the artistic inspiration within her, but she wanted to capture this moment on paper. Taeyeon carefully slipped out from underneath the blanket; making sure that the two princesses were comfortable and warm. The kid then proceeded to fetch her sketchpad.

This was nothing new. Jessica and Tiffany both knew this. The sight of Taeyeon running off to get her sketchpad was a common sight, especially is she was hit by inspiration. Taeyeon pulled up a nearby chair, the perfect position for her to capture this scene. Before she sat herself down, the shorty put on her trusted glasses. It was still fairly early in the morning so she opted for her specs rather than her contacts. She turned to a fresh page in her sketchpad and she gripped the charcoal in her hand; her fingers were moving around rapidly as her eyes remained focused.

Taeyeon’s drawings ranged from landscape, to interior designs, flowers, animals, and lately, people. More specifically, Tiffany. Often times, Taeyeon would draw Tiffany in her sketches. Jessica would mostly be excluded, but if she were in the picture, the main focus would be on Tiffany.

Her hand continued to sketch out what was before her. On the sketchpad with her charcoal, the shapes she drew began to fill out what she wanted to capture: a couch, a sleeping figure, long, cascading hair, and a serene, beautiful face. Even the blanket that was wrapped around the body was drawn out meticulously. It was like a safe haven and a picture of calmness.

Once the drawing was done, Taeyeon sat back and admired her work. The picture revealed light streaming in from the sliding door and a cute angel sleeping on the couch, wrapped up in a warm blanket. She pushed up her glasses that were sliding off the bridge of her nose, a smile forming on her face from the sketch. Her entire body then froze. The happy expression on her face morphed into a surprised and nearly horrified look.

The angel she drew was Jessica.

~

The crazy must have started when she agreed to Tiffany’s arrangement. Yes. That had to be when all the crazy started.

~

Taeyeon collapsed onto the couch from sheer exhaustion. Work was not easy today and she felt like passing out because she was so tired. Tiffany giggled as the kid’s head landed in her lap and she ran her fingers through her short hair.

“What’s wrong Taetae?” the mushroom asked as her fingers did a light massage on her forehead.

Taeyeon just groaned at the thought of her tiring work, “Tired.”

Jessica glanced down from her position on Tiffany’s shoulder and smiled a little. Normally, when Taeyeon had a bad day at work, she would vent about it to Tiffany and Jessica would listen. However, though it was obvious that it was a bad workday, no words were coming out of the shorty’s mouth. The ice princess could see the fatigue on Taeyeon’s face and she found it adorable. A bright idea popped into her mind and she smiled.

“Let’s watch a movie,” the blonde gently disentangled herself from Tiffany.

This was the perfect time to choose what she wanted. With Taeyeon drained of energy, she would not be able to protest and try to get them to watch another horror film. A small groan escaped the tired shorty but made no other form of protest. The smile remained on Jessica’s face as she walked over to the movie cabinet.

Tiffany seemed to agree with Jessica’s plan, looking forward to watching something that didn’t require her to quaver in fear, “Oh! Let’s watch The Notebook!”

Another groan escaped Taeyeon’s lips, she knew of their love of cheesy flicks, but the two princesses chose to ignore her. Jessica giggled and made a small sound of exclamation when she found the desired DVD. The last movie they watched sent shivers down her spine and a bit afraid to be home alone at night. With Taeyeon out for the count, she and Tiffany could cuddle to something romantic rather than clutching each other in fear.

Taeyeon peeked over at Jessica and could barely move for her muscles were aching so much. She didn’t want to watch an extremely cheesy movie. Especially The Notebook, the ultimate romantic film. It was a guarantee that the two princesses would bawl their eyes out by the end of the movie. More moans emitted from at the thought.

“It’s okay Taetae, I’ll give you a massage later if you let us watch it.”

“Not like she can do anything about it. She’s super tired.”

Jessica did have a point and she walked over to the DVD player only to drop the case on the ground. Right when Taeyeon was going to give another sound of protest, her eyes landed on something that caused her mind to stall. The ice princess was bent over to pick up the DVD case that fell. Her eyes took in the sight of nice hips, a firm , and smooth legs. Blood rushed to her face.

“Omo, Taetae. Are they dehydrating you at work? Your face is so red.”

~

There’s no way she’s attracted to Jessica. No way!

~

Tiffany didn’t know what was going on. She thought that their relationship was going smoothly. It was perfect for about a week after Valentine’s, Taeyeon and Jessica were finally getting along, and then Taeyeon began acting weird. She refused to look Jessica in the eye and was always ignoring her. The mushroom could tell it was starting to affect her girlfriend because Jessica did not like being ignored. Sure, she ignored other people because she was always dazing off, but you did not do that to the ice princess.

If this went on, Jessica would have to do something drastic just to get Taeyeon’s attention. Tiffany tried helping out with cuddles but Taeyeon always slipped out from their daily lazing about on the couch. It worried her because Tiffany had a business trip coming up soon and she didn’t know if they could handle being alone for three days.

Jessica was fed up with being ignored and faced the problem head on, “Did I do something wrong?”

Tiffany internally groaned, this would not end well.

“No.”

“Are you mad at me?”

“No.”

“Are you on your period?”

“No! What’s with the questions?”

“You’ve been ignoring me for a week now!”

“No, I haven’t!”

“Well, what’s wrong then?”

“Nothing’s wrong!”

“Obviously, it’s me.”

“What are you talking about?!”

“You’re mad at me and I know it.”

“I told you, I’m not!”

“Then why do you keep yelling at me?”

“Because you’re talking nonsense!”

“I’m just asking questions.”

“Ridiculous questions!”

“You don’t have to yell!”

“I’M NOT YELLING!”

“YOU ARE!”

“ARGH!”

“Stop lying to me, midget! I know you’re mad at me!”

“Would you stop doing that?!”

“Doing what?!”

“THAT! You’re just…just, you’re…!”

Tiffany felt lost. Jessica was confused. Taeyeon was going crazy.

~

This was wrong. Jessica does not look y when she’s angry.

~

Leeteuk was worried. Taeyeon was talking to herself, again. She wasn’t supposed to come in for work today but she switched her shift for Siwon’s. It never ceased to amaze him when she worked because her body size was such a deception to her true strength.

Maybe this was a good thing; she seemed to work faster when her mind was preoccupied. Leeteuk cringed when she dropped the next stack of concrete bricks, a small crack following straight through. Scratch that, she was more careless and her strength was more intensified.

“Yah! Taeyeon-ssi! Watch it! You’re breaking them!”

Taeyeon paused what she was doing and looked down at her work. She let out a sigh and waved in apology before proceeding back with her work. The shorty was trying to drown out her thoughts, Sooyeon is not y, Sooyeon is not y, Sooyeon is not y.

Her grumbles were increasing in volume and Leeteuk strained his ears to hear what she was saying. Was this girl going crazy? Taeyeon’s eyes looked a bit panicked and she kept running her gloved hand over her hair. It was like she was trying to convince herself of something.

“Taeyeon-ssi…”

The shorty ignored his calls. Leeteuk furrowed his brows and walked towards his co-worker. She looked like she had a lot on her mind and that something was bothering her. Maybe he could help her out by giving a listening ear? He tried again to get her attention.

“Taeyeon-ssi…”

His calls were unheard even though he was closer to her now. Taeyeon just continued working with a distracted mind. Leeteuk saw his chance when Taeyeon put down another stack of concrete brick.

“Yah, Taeyeon-ssi what’s-” Leeteuk managed to grip her shoulder to turn her around and ask his question.

Taeyeon was so focused on her own mantra that she shouted in Leeteuk’s face when he turned her around, “Jeshika is not y!”

Silence.

“…Jeshika, again?”

Another ruckus exploded amongst her co-workers.

“Who is this Jeshika?”

“She’s your girlfriend, isn’t she?”

“Are you in denial?”

“Maybe she’s fighting with her girlfriend.”

“Who calls their girlfriend, not y?”

“Did you two get into a fight?”

“I’ll take her hyung.”

“Yah! Why do you keep calling me hyung? You’re older than me!”

~

No. She did not just feel jealous when her co-worker wanted Jessica. He kept calling her hyung, so she got irritated. Yeah, that was it.

~

Taeyeon ran a hand through her hair messily as she walked around the kitchen. This had to stop. Tiffany already left for her business trip and she figured she could avoid it. The business trip was only for three days and they managed to go through it unscathed. She ignored the ice princess and kept all contact to the bare minimum. It wasn’t like she could go to her oppa’s place, she sort of already unofficially moved in with the two princesses.

All of her stuff were pretty much here and it would be too hard to explain to her Jiwoong-oppa what was happening with her. Was this how Tiffany felt when she was with only one of them? A longing for the other? No, that can’t be. She couldn’t have feelings for Jessica. Impossible.

Yet…Tiffany managed to do it. Taeyeon felt like ripping her hair out. What was it about Jessica? Tiffany was her first love and she still loves her. There was loneliness in her heart with Tiffany gone. Though she’s happy now because she just spoke with her on the phone; her mushroom was on the way home.

Then Jessica popped up in her mind. There was just something about her. A need inside of her that was hard to explain. Hard to explain, those were the exact words Miyoung-ah used when she tried to tell me why she loved the both of us. The thoughts in her head were confusing her and Taeyeon just wanted to scream.

Was she only physically attracted to her? She finally admitted she found the ice princess incredibly y.

But was that it? No, there’s just a delicateness inside her cold exterior that she felt like she wanted to protect.

Did she just want to protect her? She did want to protect her and keep her from harm. Yet there’s also the fact that she has the most beautiful smile. Nothing compared to her mushroom’s eye-smile but breathtaking nonetheless.

Did she have…feelings for her? Taeyeon paused in thought. This was the question she did not want to answer. She shook her head; maybe jelly would clear her head from these crazy thoughts.

Her hand patted around the pantry for her jellies and she found the plastic package. When she pulled it out, she was met with an empty bag and put in a rather angry mood. Oh no, she did not just do that. The shorty propelled herself forward and busted through the kitchen-swinging door to confront an ice princess ready for her nap.

Why would you eat my jelly?” the first words she spoke to Jessica since Tiffany left.

Jessica threw down the pillow that was in her hand, “Because you’ve been ignoring me!”

Frustration, even though the statement was true, “I told you, I’m not!”

“That’s what you said two weeks ago, but ever since Tiff left-”

“Don’t bring Miyoung-ah into this,” Taeyeon growled at the thought. She didn’t know that her avoidance had lasted that long.

“I’m not, argh! Taeyeon you’re so frustrating!”

“Well then, leave me alone!” Jessica was yelling again and it just did things to Taeyeon.

The ice princess’ face grew red and she threw up her hands in anger, “I have! That’s all I’ve been doing and nothing’s changed!”

“I just need you to shut up,” things were getting dangerous.

“Shut up? You need me to shut up?!” Jessica’s voice continued to rise in volume, Taeyeon was telling her to shut up?

“Yes, that would mean shutting your mouth right now,” yes, very dangerous.

Jessica recalled a worried looking mushroom who was on her way home as they spoke, “Tiff wouldn’t be happy about this.”

“I said don’t bring her into this!” aggravation settled in Taeyeon’s stomach, she didn’t need the reminder of Tiffany’s sad puppy face.

“I will, when you finally tell me what’s wrong!” the blonde just wanted to clear things up. Everything was fine before for a while three weeks ago.

Deny, deny, deny, “Nothing’s wrong!”

“Yes, there is!” Jessica’s face was red and her breathing was getting heavy.

There was just something about an angry Jessica, oh no, not the y thoughts, “Just shut up!”

“I will not!” righteous indignation surged through Jessica’s veins. This shorty was just so rude.

“You’re distracting me!” her increased anger was very y and Taeyeon was struggling in organizing her thoughts.

Confusion from the ice princess, “From what? This argument?”

“Stop it, stop it, stop it!” she had a sudden urge.

“Just tell me what I did wrong.”

“I said there’s nothing wrong!” except for the fact that her urge was getting stronger.

“I know you’re mad at me.”

That was far from the truth, Taeyeon was madder at herself, “I’m not!”

“Stop yelling at me!”

“You stop yelling at me!” the blonde-tipped haired woman automatically retaliated back, knowing she was still yelling.

The frustration in Jessica seemed to multiply and she had this crazed look in her eye, “You’re the one who’s yelling all the time!”

“You have two seconds to step away from me…” it was getting too much for Taeyeon.

In the heat of their argument, they had invaded each other’s personal space. If Jessica didn’t put space between the two of them, Taeyeon was going to give into her very strong urge to kiss her. The wild look on her face, the fire in her eyes, the heavy breathing, and even the way she stood that reminded her of a sergeant for some reason, a really y sergeant, was setting Taeyeon off.

“Why won’t you just answer my ques-” a pair of lips covered her own.

~

And there you go! Hate me all you want. This is the direction my story is going. :P Taenysic! And this chapter is about 900 words longer than my normal ones.
In case you were confused, the first and last scenes were in the same time frame. Everything that came between them was the past.
Taengsic shippers have waited quite a bit so I hope you enjoyed that. ;)

AuthorFact: The first story idea that popped into my head for SNSD was going to be a Jessica-centric story with the title, “Everybody Loves Sica.” It never got past the idea stage but I did write a foreword that I never posted. I might treat you guys in the next chapter and post it here. ;)