Macchiato

Triangle

Here’s part two of last chapter, or let’s just call it chapter four. Hahaha. Remember, let’s all get along (Jeti, Taeny, Taengsic), okay? ;)
All typos and grammatical errors are mine. :D

~

There was an annoying, buzzing, coming from an alarm clock. The bright red numbers read 2:00 AM and a pale hand came down to shut it off. Bleary eyes opened and let out a small sigh before taking a cold shower. Work wasn’t always so early in the morning, sometimes it was late at night but for today, work started at 3:15 AM. The small girl hopped out of the shower and stood in front of her small closet.

It would be cold when she got to work so she would have to make sure to bundle up. Thermal pants, thermal shirt, baggy jeans, a tight sweater, a thick hoodie, steel-toed boots, and a warm beanie that had a small fluffy ball at the tip. Even after all these years, she was still a kid at heart.

Taeyeon quietly slipped out of the small house she resided in. The short girl currently lived with her Jiwoong-oppa and his family. Her brother was great and all but she felt like she was intruding in his house. He had his own family to take care of: a wife and two children. In her mind she was more of a burden to him than anything else.

Though she was a kid at heart, Taeyeon couldn’t change the fact that she was a pessimist. She shook her head to clear her thoughts, now wasn’t the time to be thinking about that. It was time to get to work. The kid got onto her bike and began pedaling.

~

Taeyeon skidded to a halt in front of her work and parked her bike in its usual spot. She could have bought a car by now but she didn’t see the need for it. Then again, it’s not like she could afford a really nice one. There was also the fact that she happened to like biking and skating around.

“Ah, Goodmorning Taeyeon-ssi,” her fellow co-workers greeted her, breaking Taeyeon from her train of thought.

She gave a nod with a tired smile, “Morning guys. Leeteuk-ssi, is there a large load today?”

“Yup, seems like it’ll be a long morning.”

Taeyeon cracked her neck and let out a sigh. Pulling on some work gloves, she pumped herself up, “Hwaitaeng!”

Leeteuk laughed at his dorky co-worker, “Dork. I’ll never get over how your stature is such a deception to your real strength.”

“That’s because I’m Taeng, the gangster. I’m a Taengster,” she pumped her fist against her chest.

All the guys chuckled at the small one and Leeteuk pulled her beanie over eyes, “Yeah, yeah. Don’t get too full of yourself. Come on, let’s go. There’s work to do.”

Taeyeon protested against her eyes being covered but only received laughter. Once she regained her eyesight, she laughed along with them. She was glad that even though she was the only female at work, they still treated her with equal respect.

~

Short bursts of breath escaped her lips as she was running her usual routine. The air was a bit cold but Taeyeon didn’t mind it too much. She was working up a sweat anyway and staying in shape helped her mind to focus.

Today was her unspoken schedule of meeting up with Tiffany and she couldn’t wait. The days of the week always seemed to crawl by slowly but Taeyeon was glad they got to see each other on a weekly basis. Her lungs began to burn and Taeyeon was relieved to see the corner that indicated she was near the café.

After she turned the corner, she slowed down to a jog and approached the familiar doors that chimed when they opened. Once she was inside the warm café, she took off her beanie and stuffed it in her pocket. This time, instead of ordering a cappuccino, Taeyeon ordered two macchiatos. She thanked the girl behind the counter with a small smile before proceeding to see her Miyoung.

~

Taeyeon and Tiffany were in a rather secluded area of the park. They were seated on a blanket on the ground, their backs leaning against a rather large oak tree. Tiffany was glad that she changed into some jeans before coming to see Taeyeon. Their shoulders touched and Taeyeon’s shoe would at times, collide with her own.

“Jiwoong-oppa’s kid decided it was funny to wake me up yesterday by jumping on my face,” Taeyeon chuckled a bit before she took a sip from her macchiato.

“You’re just over exaggerating. I’m pretty sure he was only jumping on your bed.”

Taeyeon shook her head and snorted, “No, seriously. He may have started jumping on my bed but he started jumping on my stomach. Then he was bouncing off of my face, with his shoes on.”

Tiffany giggled and looked over to Taeyeon only to laugh louder. The white foam from their macchiato rested around , forming a rather amusing mustache.

“What? Is there something on my face?” Taeyeon scrunched up her nose and tried to look at her face, resulting in her becoming cross-eyed.

The eye-smiling girl laughed again and leaned forward, “Yeah, right here.”

Fingers came forward to wipe away the mustache and Tiffany’s giggles faded. Their eyes connected in a heated gaze and Taeyeon froze in her spot. Her ears pounded with the sound of her heartbeat and everything else seemed muffled. The warmth from Tiffany’s thumb sparked something within her.

The shorter girl’s eyes were looking into Tiffany’s, looking for a sign of hesitancy. Their eyes searched deep into their souls and Taeyeon smirked when Tiffany was the one who broke eye contact. Instead of looking to the side like how she normally did, Taeyeon caught her glancing at her lips before focusing on her eyes again.

Her hand that was resting on the ground to support her weight was now used to push herself toward the younger girl. Tiffany’s hands held Taeyeon’s face while Taeyeon’s hand gripped the base of Tiffany’s neck. Their lips pressed together and mouths opened to let tongues slip inside.

It was like drinking after being hydrated. Taeyeon had missed the feeling of Tiffany’s lips on her own. The last time they did this was when they first met again and she recalled when Tiffany became a bawling mess. She nearly pouted when they pulled away from each other, their chests heaving from a lack of breath.

“Not that I’m complaining, but what about Jessica? Did you break up?” Taeyeon asked as she leaned her forehead against Tiffany’s.

Her macchiato was forgotten on the ground. She could be completely selfish and just forcefully take Tiffany but she knew that would never fly. Their reunion was firmly etched into her mind, how Tiffany had broken down at the mere thought of her current girlfriend. The image seemed to be playing on repeat in her mind’s eye.

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows, “I…no. No, we didn’t. You know I love her, Taeyeon.”

She knew that. She’d have to be blind not to see it. Whenever Tiffany talked about her girlfriend, her face would become so soft and she just had this lovesick look on her face. It pained Taeyeon whenever she saw it. That unconditional and undying love she had for Jessica. She even grew jealous and had to do everything to suppress the nasty green-eyed-monster that lurked within her.

“I know, but the way you kissed me tells me otherwise,” she said with a smirk. She was always slightly overstepping her boundaries.

Taeyeon received a light slap, “I love her, Taeyeon. I can’t live without her. Just like I can’t live without you.”

Silence engulfed the two. Tiffany always seemed to be saying that. She loves Jessica, but it was so confusing. They had their moments at times when they met up. It couldn’t be denied. Whenever their hands met, or any accidental skinship, the same fire that she felt when she was fifteen, was still eminent, if not more.

Not being able to stand the silence, Taeyeon whispered, “I love you, Miyoung-ah.”

The hand that had slapped her now came up to offer her comfort, “And I love you, Taetae.”

“You’re so confusing…” Taeyeon leaned into the hand, her eyes closing in pain. She says she loves Jessica but turns around and says she returns Taeyeon’s love. There was no explanation that seemed to please her.

“I love the both of you Taeyeon,” the younger girl said, caressing Taeyeon’s cheek. She knows she’s hurting the both of them; it was so hard to explain it. Hell, it seemed as if she was just opting out the incredibly selfish way, which in a way, it was. There was no denying it in her heart that there were two people who rested in there and took their claim.

“And I think Jessica’s okay with it,” she continued as she remembered Jessica’s words. I just want you to be happy.

“She is?” that made Taeyeon even more confused.

It was selfish of her to think Jessica was okay with it but she did say she wanted her to be happy. They both made her happy. She just hoped this wouldn’t cost her the both of them. But…life was about taking risks, right?

“I think so. Taetae, I know this is selfish of me but would you be okay with it?” she asked softly. It didn’t seem likely that her Taetae would like it but at least she could try.

“With sharing you?”

She received a silent nod, “I…I don’t want to lose the both of you. So I want to know if it’s okay with you.”

There was a slight pause as Taeyeon sat there. What did she currently have with Tiffany? She had her as a friend. A friend she was still madly, and deeply in love with. If she countered this offer, then it would be left at that. Tiffany was handing her an opportunity to get back with her, although it came with an additional girlfriend she’d have to deal with. Yet, would this make Tiffany happy? Putting in this effort?

Taeyeon answered hesitantly, “Uhh, if it made you happy. I think I’d be okay with it, but would this work?”

Without any pause, Tiffany answered in confidence, “We’ll make it work.”

Those words echoed in Taeyeon’s mind and the onyx-eyed girl remained silent for a long time.  The last time she said those words was when they broke up. She came back and Tiffany was with Jessica. Can she trust her? Will they make it work? Sharing Tiffany seemed ridiculous but…

She could see how in love Tiffany was with Jessica and she didn’t jump at the first opportunity to get back with her. There was no way you could fake that love. Maybe, if she just kept an open mind, she’d be willing to try.

“Okay, I think I can do that,” Taeyeon said with a nod.

“Really?” she was shocked.

“Anything for you, Yepeuni.”

Yepeuni. Pretty Dear.

It was a nickname that Taeyeon had called Tiffany in jest all those years ago that started from a playful text.

It took awhile for the answer to settle in but when it did, Tiffany’s eye-smile was radiating. There was another round of silence. Tiffany was glad she asked Taeyeon because she would have never imagined that she would give her request a try. Now, if Jessica was telling her the truth about being happy, she could make it work. After awhile, the pink-loving girl gave herself a confidence boost by performing a fist pump. She turned to Taeyeon with a serious expression.

“Come with me?” Tiffany asked imploringly.

Taeyeon smirked devilishly at the question, “I’d prefer to make you come first.”

She rolled her eyes at her ex-girlfriend who would hopefully become her second girlfriend. Wow, that sounded weird.

She gave Taeyeon a rather hard shove, “You’re such a byuntae.”

“I prefer the term, Byuntaeng,” she joked.

Taeyeon hadn’t changed even after all these years. She had always been a dork from when they were young children, to teenagers, and now. Taeyeon being Taeyeon gave comfort to Tiffany.

She rolled her eyes, trying to mask her affection for the shorter girl, “Seriously, will you just come with me?”

~

Okay! Okay! Don’t kill me. This isn’t the whole chapter from chapter 3. I had to cut it in half, again. SO! It’s in three parts [I think]. Just think of it as more chapters. :)
Hopefully, you guys don’t hate Tiffany too much. Also, tell me what you think of the chapter. Anyone surprised?
Another random fact about this author: my top three biases in order are Jessica, Taeyeon, Tiffany.