Dinner Plans with the Hwangs

Triangle

I really have no excuse why this update is so late. Haha. I guess there’s the Triple Threat fanfic I was working on [which I will post once I get my results] and f(x)’s comeback. Lol.  Thanks to all who have subscribed! I just reached the 200 mark at AFF.  You guys are awesome! *does victory dance*
 

~


“Who were those three guys at your work, Taengoo?”


“Hmm?”


“Yeah, Taetae. They were all over you after I dropped you off yesterday.”


Jessica frowned at the thought of them putting Taeyeon in a headlock and constantly placing their arms around Taeyeon’s shoulders, “Their sweaty paws were tainting my wangjanim.”


“Oh, don’t worry about them. They’re just my bothersome co-workers,” Taeyeon said offhandedly.


Tiffany didn’t seem to mind the trios skinship and grinned, “I’m happy you have friends at work, Taetae!”


“Co-workers, Yepeuni.”


“They treat you like a brother.”


“It better be only like a brother…” Jessica huffed.


Tiffany laughed and wrapped her arms around Jessica as they watched their prince cook breakfast, “What’s this? I’m normally the jealous one.”


A rosy hue covered the ice princess’ face, “I don’t like sharing.”


Taeyeon exploded with her ahjumma laugh, “That’s what you told me when Tiffany first brought me here.”


“Yeah, well. You’re mine. And Tiffany’s. We only share with each other.”


The short chef turned off the stove and turned around to face her girlfriends. Her arms came up to envelope the both of them in an embrace. Jessica was squeezed between her two girlfriends and she snuggled into the comforting embrace. Taeyeon leaned over Jessica to kiss Tiffany before pulling back and kissing her ice princess.


Two hands came up to cup Jessica’s face and forced their gazes to meet, “I love you, Sooyeon-ah. And I love Miyoung-ah.”


“Ne, we love you, Jessi. Three knuckle heads won’t steal our Taetae from us,” Tiffany said in reassurance.


The three proceeded with breakfast as normal after Jessica was satisfied with their love for them. They were halfway finished with breakfast when a question broke the comfortable silence.


“Have you told anyone about us?”


Onyx eyes blinked, “I…tried to tell my oppa about us.”


“Oh? How’d it go, Taetae?”


“He...never let me finish what I was talking about.”


“What do you mean?”


“He thinks I’m back with you, Yepeuni. I mean, I am, but he kicked me out of his car and rushed somewhere before I could tell him about Sooyeon-ah.”


Jessica poked Taeyeon with her foot, “You’ll get to tell him next time.”


Taeyeon looked up to see both her girlfriends smiling encouragingly, “Have you two...told anyone yet?”


“I told Yuri.”


“Oh? You told Yuri-yah?” Tiffany asked.


The blonde nodded as she chewed her food while Taeyeon tilted her head in confusion, “Yuri?”


“Yes, she’s my close friend at work. She’s sort of second-in-command after me and is also a model.”


Taeyeon squinted her eyes into a suspicious glare, “Do you take pictures of her?”


“Sometimes we’re both behind and in front of the camera. Other times we’re shooting each other,” Jessica said nonchalantly.


“Is she pretty?”


The two girls stopped eating as they stared at the shorty with amused smiles, “Why Taetae?”


Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders, “No reason.”


Giggles came out of the girls, “Sounds like you’re jealous, Taetae.”


“You’re one to talk Tiff-baby. I remember a certain someone hating Yuri for the longest time.”


“Well, you never told me she was with Taewoo-oppa,” Tiffany replied.


“So she’s taken?” Taeyeon inserted herself into the conversation.


Jessica laughed and kissed Taeyeon’s cheek, “Wangjanim, I’m yours and Tiff-baby’s. No need to worry.”


“Okay, as long as you say so,” Taeyeon grumbled with a slight blush.


Tiffany smiled before her face faulted and she began fidgeting with her plate, “Umm, Jessi-baby? Taetae?”


“Ne?”


“I know we’re talking about sharing us to others but um…”


Jessica placed her hand on top of Tiffany’s hand that was messing around with her spoon, “What is it?”


“The both of you aren’t going to like it.”


Taeyeon this time placed her hand on top of both of theirs, “It’s okay, Yepeuni. You can tell us. We won’t get mad.”


Tiffany took in a deep breath, “We’re having dinner with my family this weekend.”


~


Taeyeon stood in the middle of the bridge and leaned against the railings. The bombshell of Tiffany’s news affected both her and Jessica pretty hard. Although just from listening to some of their conversations since they all got together, it sounded as if the Hwangs loved Jessica. Taeyeon didn’t see why Jessica had pursed her lips together in dissatisfaction. They should have no problem with the blonde.


There was a bitter taste in and a heavy weight that held her entire being down. She left Tiffany in tears nearly seven years ago when she got onto the bus to go to bootcamp. Taeyeon would be sitting at a dinner table with a family she was once close with.


Bitter feelings would undoubtedly be present and it would be a collision of past meets present with an enormous twist. Not only would she be facing the consequences of hurting their daughter and coming back, but she would also have to stand her ground on their three-way relationship.


The shorty pressed her forehead onto the cold railing. Dinner with the Hwangs was going to be a gruelling experience.


~


“Do you think she’s coming back?”


“She just needs space to think,” Tiffany rubbed Jessica’s back.


“Will she be okay?”


“Once Taeyeon has had time to think by herself she’ll be okay.”


Jessica leaned into her girlfriend’s embrace, “Are you going to be okay?”


Tiffany was silent for a bit, “I...I’m just sorry that I’m putting us through this.”


“It’s not your fault. Our family is going to find out one way or another. Better that they hear it from us rather from someone else. We’ll get through this. Together,” the blonde caressed Tiffany’s arm in comfort.


The pink loving girl tightened her arms around Jessica, “But Jessi...are you going to be okay?”


“Will Michelle-unnie be there?”


“Mmhmm,” was heard with a soft nod.


“You know she doesn’t like me, right?”


“That’s nonsense. My family loves you. It’s just going to be difficult explaining our current situation.”


Jessica shook her head, “Your parents love me. Leo-oppa loves me. Michelle-unnie’s never liked me.”


~


Taeyeon crawled underneath the covers between her two girlfriends. She was silent and the two just enveloped her into their arms. A sigh escaped her lips and her cold hands slid around Tiffany’s waist. She felt Jessica press against her back as they both hugged the eye-smiling girl. The silence settled around them.


“I’m sorry, I just needed to think.”


Jessica kissed the back of Taeyeon’s neck, “It’s okay, Taengoo.”


Tiffany in turn kissed the shorty’s forehead, “What were you thinking of?”


Taeyeon stayed quiet as she gathered her thoughts, “Leaving you all those years ago.”


A warm hand from the blonde rubbed Taeyeon’s back as Tiffany spoke, “It happened but now you’re back.”


“Yeah but...your family probably hates me. I know your oppa does.”


A chuckle escaped Tiffany’s lips, “Don’t say that. You don’t even know if Leo-oppa hates you. It’ll be an adjustment for you but I don’t think they hate you.”


Taeyeon kept quiet, fully aware of the fact that Tiffany’s older brother did indeed hate her. She kept it to herself and kissed Tiffany’s collarbone while pulling Jessica’s arm around herself.


“As long as we’re together I think I’ll be fine.”


~


“Yoboseyo?”


“Miyoung-ah, why don’t you ever call me anymore?”


“Sorry Umma, I’ve been real busy.”


“That’s no excuse. You should at least call every once in awhile.”


“Yes, Umma. I’m sorry.”


“It’s okay. Just tell me you’ll make it to dinner tonight at six?”


“We’ll be there.”


“Lovely, I can’t wait to see you and Jessica.”


“Um, Umma? I have to tell you guys something at dinner.”


“Oh, what is it?”


“I think it’ll be better in person and with everyone.”


“Are you pregnant? Is Jessica pregnant? Are you going to propose to her? It’s legal in the States, we can fly you over there. You know I approve of Jessica 110%. This is so exciting. Wait, did she propose to you?”


“Umma, Umma! No, no. That’s not-”


“I must tell your Appa! No, I can’t. You’re going to tell us later~”


“Umma!”


“Oh, I must go now, Miyoung-ah. I’ll pretend to be surprised at dinner. Remember, 6:00 sharp! I love you.”


“But Umma that’s not-”


Tiffany sighed as she looked at her cellphone in dismay. Great, just great. Now they’ll be expecting a marriage proposal at dinner.


~


Jessica could feel a migraine coming on. Yes, Tiffany’s parents adored her but Jessica never felt welcomed by Michelle. There was always this undertone of disappointment. At times she was blunt about it but for the most part she was very subtle about it. She sighed, she would just have to get through dinner and be strong. She had to be. Especially for her Taengoo who she knew was dreading this gathering.


“Sica, you okay?”


The blonde waved off her friend, “I’m fine, Yul. I just have a headache.”


“You want anything for that?”


“No, no. It’s nothing,” Jessica said as she resumed her work.


Yuri stared at Jessica’s countenance and knew she was lying. It could be the stress of getting this next issue out or it could be something at home.


The taller girl nudged Jessica’s shoulder lightly, “Seriously, what is it?”


“Don’t worry about it, Yul.”


“Nope, I’m going to worry about it. Especially if it’s affecting your work. Now spill.”


Jessica felt like punching the nosy girl but knew it would be futile, “We’re going to dinner tonight. With Tiffany’s family.”


“You and Tiffany? What’s wrong with that? This feels like dejavu. You’ve already met the family and I know her parents love you.”


A groan escaped the blonde’s lips, “Her brother and sister are going to be there.”


“Oh, the quote unquote evil sister.”


“Yeah, she hates me Yul!” Jessica whined.


Yuri laughed and ruffled her hair, “You’ll be fine. You’ve always survived. I mean, it’s not like you guys are telling them about your three-way relationship yet.”


“About that...Taeyeon’s coming with us.”


“Wait, you guys are telling them tonight? With Taeyeon-ssi?”


Jessica meekly nodded.


Yuri let out a low whistle, “Well good luck with that.”


The taller girl received a shove from her co-worker, “That’s not helping, Yul.”


“Sorry, sorry. But I’m sure you’ll be fine. You’re all going together so it’s not like you’re alone,” Yuri gave the blonde a side hug.


“You’re right. Thanks, Yul. We’ll get through dinner tonight.”


“Mmhmm. And if you live to tell the tale, tell me all about it tomorrow morning. Now, let’s get back to work.”


~


Taeyeon was in the middle of the trio’s attack. Her beanie was over her eyes and she was currently in a headlock by one of them. Judging by the muscles and the annoying after shave scent, it was Siwon who was messing with her. Kangin and Leeteuk looked at each other before signalling for Siwon to stop.


“Yah, Taeng! What’s wrong with you?” Taeyeon was finally released from the headlock.


A heavy arm came around her shoulders as she adjusted her beanie, “You’re not as enthusiastic today, hyung.”


“Nothing’s wrong. I’m just used to your stupid antics,” she grumbled as she went back to work.


Leeteuk raised an eyebrow, “Usually there’s more sounds of protests coming from you, Taeyeon.”


“Is it because of your hot girlfriends? Which, by the way, you still haven’t shared any info with us, Taeng. Not cool. Where’s the bromance?”


Taeyeon didn’t bother to answer which was weird because there’s never been an instance where Taeyeon didn’t have a rebuttal for Siwon’s stupidity.


“You didn’t call Siwon an idiot. Who the hell are you and where’s my cool hyung?” Kangin began shaking the shorty.


“Yah! Aren’t we supposed to be working?”


Kangin let out a huge breath, “Whew, I thought I lost you, hyung.”


“Come on, Taeyeon. We’re here for you,” Leeteuk urged.


“Yeah, your bros!” Siwon shrugged shoulders with her.


“Co-workers,” Taeyeon glared.


“Same thing. You know I always have your back!”


The blonde-tipped haired girl didn’t bother to reply, thinking of all the times Siwon had left her to dry, “Just get back to work.”


The trio looked at each other and let out a sigh. They huddled together as they discussed tactics.


Leeteuk rubbed his chin, “This is serious. She’s not talking.”


“If she won’t tell us, we can at least cheer hyung up!”


“Yeah, we can do that!” Siwon agreed.


The eldest nodded, “Alright, this is what we’ll do.”


~


Jessica and Tiffany were sitting outside of Taeyeon’s workplace. She should already be out and they would have to leave soon if they wanted to beat the heavy traffic. Both girls were surprised to see their shorty of a girlfriend run right in front of them.


“Wasn’t she supposed to come from the lockers?” Jessica asked.


“Yeah, supposed to be.”


Another flurry of limbs passed in front of their car who they recognized as Taeyeon’s friends from work.


“Weird.”


A high pitched scream escaped Jessica’s mouth, “Aiii! Tiff close your window!”


“What? Why?” Tiffany soon began screaming as well, her finger repeatedly pulling her window button closed.


A swarm of what appeared to be angry hornets were following the trio. Tiffany managed to close her window in time and watched as the trio was locked out of the locker rooms by Taeyeon.


“Taeng! Open up!”


“Hyung! Hurry! They’re coming!”


“Taeyeon, we’re sorry! Just open the door!”


~


The hornets went their way after thirty minutes and Taeyeon was finally safe inside their car. Jessica and Tiffany were definitely relieved to no longer see any buys in their vicinity.


“Care to explain what happened?”


“Don’t want to talk about it. The idiots were being stupid,” Taeyeon growled.


Jessica and Tiffany didn’t prod any further as they now were late, possibly even later considering rush hour traffic had hit.


~


“I’m nervous,” Taeyeon admitted once they parked in front of an extravagant house.


Jessica silently agreed with her but held her hand, “We’re here.”


“But I’m not even properly dressed,” Taeyeon sighed. They didn’t have time for her to change because of her stupid co-workers who made her late.


“Taetae, you’ll do fine. We’re all nervous but we’re also all together.”


They sat in silence for a couple of minutes before Taeyeon nodded, “You’re right. Let’s do this.”


The trio walked up to the door and gave each other encouraging words of “I love you” before ringing the door bell.


~


“You’re late, Miyoung-ah,” Mrs. Hwang commented as she opened the door.


Tiffany was the first to walk through the door, “Sorry, Umma. We had some issues on the way here.”


“Is that them? I’m starving!” Leo yelled from the dining room.


The Hwang family was excited to have a family dinner together. Everyone had been so busy, especially Tiffany. They would be a complete family at the table. Jessica walked through the threshold and was followed by Taeyeon. Everyone was dressed up for dinner but Taeyeon was still in her work clothes consisting of jeans, a hoodie, and scuffed up boots. Tiffany’s family halted in their tracks from greeting Jessica, their eyes on the short girl they had not seen in over half a decade.


“Taeyeonnie?” Michelle asked breathlessly as she made her way to the hallway.


Everything was quiet. Taeyeon was here. Enter awkwardness.


Tiffany broke the silence, “Umm. So the thing is...Taeyeon here...she uhhh…”


“What’s with the delay? Umma’s cooking is making me drool like-” Leo was the last to see the trio standing in the hallway.


His eyes settled on the short figure that he had a burning hatred for. The eldest child of the Hwang family walked forward with wide strides and a heavy right hook.


“Leo-oppa!”


“Taengoo!”


Taeyeon felt a sharp pain in and a coppery taste of blood that told her she had bit her tongue. Her eyes were cast down to the side and her body flew back several inches from the impact. A pale hand gripped the door frame as she stood upright and the other hand delicately held her busted lip. She lifted her head to see furious eyes of Leo Hwang.


“I thought I told you that I never want to see your face again.”


~


Yeah. There you go. *hides in corner* DON’T KILL ME! :3


AuthorFact: Taengsic was the first couple I looked up. You know, when you’re just starting in a fandom and you’re pairing people up in your mind? Yeah. Taeny was the first couple I discovered and shipped. Then I just started loving all of them and wanted my OT3 Taenysic to happen. It’s hilarious because I couldn’t stand Taengsic back then. Lol.


I has a tumblr! That I don’t really use but if you want to follow me: ss1kewl.tumblr.com