Step Closer

Triangle

Thank you to all my readers on AFF, I’ve reached 100 comments! That is AMAJJING. Lol. Seriously, thank you. For my readers on SSF, thank you as well! You guys are also amajjing. :) I don’t know what the comment count is but we’ve reached the eighth page AND I have a total of three ratings. Thank you!
Sorry for the wait, I know I’ve been updating every 3-5 days and I try to keep the updates within a week’s time. Technically I still made it but I know many of you were anxious after the cliffhanger[ish] ending from last chapter. And here we go, a step towards a complete Taenysic. ;)
All grammatical errors belong to me.

~

After the pleasant Valentine’s Day date, Jessica was comfortable enough with Taeyeon. There were little things that she did that made her appreciate her more. Even when they were all lying in bed together, Jessica came to accept the annoying shorty into her life.

They were lounging on the bed this time, too lazy to move to the living room. Jessica was resting in Tiffany’s arms, her head tucked in underneath the mushroom’s chin. Warmth surrounded her as she took in Tiffany’s comforting scent. This was a regular scene for her and she took in another breath to smell her girlfriend. Another scent infiltrated her nostrils.

This scent wasn’t foreign but had become familiar to Jessica as time passed. It was the same with the warm forearms and hands that pressed slightly against her abdomen and belly. Taeyeon was on the other side of Tiffany, spooning her and her hands always pressing against her with her heat. She barely remembers when this used to be so awkward.

Jessica pushed herself closer to Tiffany, resulting in increasing the pressure from Taeyeon’s arms. She kissed Tiffany’s neck softly before closing her eyes contentedly. Maybe this all would work out. She loves Tiffany and she’d do anything for her.

~

A sense of dread filled the blonde as she parked her white car in the parking lot. She doesn’t remember if she brought the binder full of her works for the next magazine issue. Jessica was frantic. Her head was swimming and her hands were searching. After a minute of futile searching, Jessica stopped as her mind flashbacked to this morning.

She woke up, kissed Tiffany good morning, showered, got ready, ate a small bite of breakfast, and walked out the door. Wait. Backtrack. It was clear in her mind’s eye, before taking a small bite of breakfast, she placed the binder on the counter. Then she walked out the door. A groan escaped her lips at the thought of her forgetfulness.

The flashback of the binder on the counter was mocking her.

Jessica felt like screaming, she couldn’t go back home to fetch it. Rush hour just hit and that would only make her late for work. She glanced at the digital clock on her dashboard, weighing the pros and cons of her situation.

If she didn’t go back, her boss would not be pleased. Even if she was one of the best.

If she did go back, then she would be late and that was also unacceptable.

The groan that wanted to escape finally did. Jessica took in a deep breath and turned her key in the ignition. It would be pointless to come into work without the binder. She would just have to hope she could make it in time to avoid the rush hour traffic.

A body slammed into her window and startled her so much that she screamed. The scream reached high decibels equivalent to that of a dolphin. To her left was the panting face of Taeyeon. Her young kid-like face barely had a trace of sweat but she was most definitely out of breath.

“Taeyeon?”

“Sooyeon!” the blonde-tipped haired woman rapped on the window.

Jessica pushed open the car door and took note that her girlfriend’s other lover was on her token bicycle. She was shocked to see her. It seemed like the other girl pedaled all the way from home just for her. But…no, that can’t be it.

“What are you doing?”

“You forgot your binder back home,” Taeyeon pulled out the mocking binder from her backpack.

The ice princess’ eyes grew wide in relief, “Omo, thank you Taeyeon!”

Said girl had a dorky smile on her face and pulled something else from her backpack, “And you also forgot your lunch.”

Jessica looked down at the rather cute lunchbox that had a blue post-it note. There was a small picture of Taeyeon with a fist pump and a caption next to it.

“Hwaitaeng?”

The dorky smile turned into a smug smirk, “Hwaiting plus Taeng equals Hwaitaeng. It adds more power to hwaiting.”

Jessica rolled her eyes, Taeyeon was such a dork, but a very thoughtful one at that.

~

At times, the trio would leave for work early. That was not always the case. Taeyeon had a weird schedule at work and if she ever finished late or extremely early, she would instead return to her oppa’s home or spend the night at a co-worker’s. This night was one of those times.

Jessica cherished nights like these. Life was quiet and there was no one to argue with. Tiffany was currently in the kitchen making dinner for the both of them. At times they had to adjust, they were used to the dinners Taeyeon cooked for them.

The blonde watched her lover’s back silently before walking up to her. Her arms came up and encircled Tiffany’s waist. Tiffany’s automatic response to her girlfriend was to lean back as she stirred the contents in the pan. A warm chin settled itself on the mushroom’s shoulder. Sleepy eyes watched silently.

A smile graced Tiffany’s features, “Jessi, baby? Are you tired?”

Jessica’s eyes continued to droop, “Barely made the deadline at work today.”

“Aww, Jessi baby,” Tiffany turned around and brought a hand up to caress her cheek. She pulled her in gently and pressed a kiss to .

“Are they exhausting you at work, Jessi?”

A pout from the ice princess and a cute sound of acknowledgement came from Jessica. Tiffany nearly squealed at the displayed aegyo and couldn’t resist kissing her again. Their mouths pressed together softly, slowly escalating from small pecks to a rather sensuous mini-make out session.

Jessica’s hands squeezed Tiffany’s waist and continued massaging their lips together. Soft lips were parted by a pink tongue; asking for entrance to the warm heat. A small moan escaped Tiffany and was swallowed whole by Jessica. Tiffany’s fingers played with Jessica’s collarbone, igniting a fire and spreading it throughout her whole body.

The ice princess brought the kiss down to a simmer by biting on Tiffany’s lower lip before pulling away from her. Tiffany’s eyes were still closed and had unconsciously followed Jessica’s lips. Jessica kept her distance but never let go of her waist, waiting patiently for her girlfriend to open her eyes. Once she was able to see the smoldering eyes, she leaned her forehead against her mushroom’s with a smirk.

“Tease,” Tiffany pouted.

Jessica giggled and nodded her head at the pan, “Our dinner.”

“Omo,” the eye-smiling princess turned around in Jessica’s arms, their dinner beginning to burn.

“As much as I’d love to continue this, I’m tired,” Jessica whispered and kissed her girlfriend’s neck.

“What about dinner?”

“I’m more sleepy than anything.”

Tiffany smiled, that was so typical of Jessica, she’d prefer sleeping over eating any day, “Okay, I’ll set some aside for you.”

“You coming to bed soon?” Jessica asked with a hopeful voice.

The stove was turned off and Tiffany turned to Jessica with a soft smile, “Right after I eat, baby.”

“Don’t take too long,” an aegyo-filled voice.

Tiffany couldn’t resist kissing her again, “I’ll hurry.”

“Love you.”

“Love you too, Jessi,” she watched silently as her girlfriend made her way to their bedroom.

Turning back to the stove, Tiffany’s face held a soft smile on her face. Jessica just had that ability to make her smile with little things.

~

A frown settled on Jessica’s lips. It started out small and she dismissed it as a tired Taeyeon. Besides, it was too soon to tell. She felt like Taeyeon was avoiding her, which was an incredible feat considering they all pretty much lived together. Sort of.

This only started yesterday and it could just be a one-time thing. Yeah, maybe Taeyeon was having problems at work. That had to be the reason why she was being ignored.

~

Tiffany rested her head in Jessica’s lap, enjoying the fingers that played with her hair. They were inside instead of going out like how Tiffany wanted because Jessica was more of a stay-at-home person. Besides, she had not been able to speak to Jessica by herself in a while.

“Jessi baby?”

“Yes, Tiff?”

“Are you okay?”

Jessica looked down at Tiffany in confusion, “What do you mean?”

The eye-smiling princess adjusted herself and returned her girlfriend’s eye contact, “I know you. Something’s bothering you.”

“I’m fine, Tiff baby,” Jessica denied.

A stern look covered Tiffany’s face, “You’re lying to me, Jessi. Is it Taeyeon?”

The fingers that were running through her hair stopped, “No.”

“It is. I noticed she’s been ignoring you,” Tiffany said softly.

Jessica sighed as she thought of the past week, “I don’t like being ignored.”

There was a shift on the couch as Tiffany pushed herself up. She sat up with Jessica and held her hand in comfort, “I can talk with her if you want.”

“No, it’s okay. I’ll deal with it,” blonde hair swayed in the air as Jessica shook her head from side to side.

Concerned eyes turned doubtful, “Alright, if you say so.”

~

Jessica was currently taking photos for a magazine cover. The line of models was busy getting ready and the crew was moving non-stop. Tiffany took a step inside and smiled when she saw her girlfriend. Her face was familiar to the crew so they gave her a nod in acknowledgement.

Tiffany stealthily walked towards her girlfriend and watched her at work. It was always amazing how she directed the whole shoot. She was known as the ice princess and many people judged her by their first impression of her. Unfortunately, she was not like ice but a rather shy and warm person. Or in this case, Jessica was focused on her work.

That in itself was a turn on.

The background music was playing an f(x) song that kept the atmosphere alive. Tiffany found herself bouncing her head to the beat and smiled when Jessica’s assistant photographer take notice of her. Jessica was nudged by her assistant and she looked over her shoulder to see her girlfriend.

Jessica let her assistant take over for a bit and approached Tiffany with a smile.

“This is a nice surprise.”

Tiffany wrapped her arms around Jessica with a smile, “Thought I could take you out for lunch? Thought I could cheer you up.”

A fine eyebrow rose in question, “Cheering up? I need cheering up?”

“You’ve been tired lately, Jessi baby. And what’s wrong wanting to take my girlfriend out sometime?” Tiffany pulled off her own aegyo and pouted.

Jessica smiled brightly and kissed her girlfriend on the lips. Her arms came up around her neck and pulled her closer. Before they could get lost in their own world, the crew and some models interrupted them with their catcalls. A bright blush covered her face, Jessica normally didn’t get that affectionate but Tiffany’s aegyo did things to her.

“You can take me out to lunch once I wrap up. I shouldn’t be too long. I need to catch you up with Soojung.”

“Krystal?”

“Mmhmm. She called me this morning.”

Tiffany nodded and patted Jessica’s , “Alright, get back to work so we can go eat.”

~

The two princesses were lying in bed, Taeyeon once again off at work. It was late in the evening and they knew Taeyeon would return later on the next day.

“Tiff, baby?” Jessica murmured softly.

Tiffany was falling asleep and made a small noise of acknowledgement, “Hm?”

“I was thinking of giving Taeyeon a key.”

“That’s nice…”

A moment of silence, “Wait, what?”

The mushroom’s state of sleepiness evaporated into thin air and she peered up at her girlfriend, her head moving from its spot on Jessica’s chest.

“I was thinking of giving Taeyeon a key,” Jessica said plainly.

On the one hand, Tiffany was excited about the news, but on the other, “Are you sure about this, Jessi?”

“She’s always here anyway and I’m tired of opening the door for her. Taeyeon is going to be part of our lives, right?”

Tiffany blinked slowly and looked up at her girlfriend, “You…you’re really sure about this aren’t you?”

“I’ll love whomever you love, because I love you.”

~

Taeyeon kissed Jessica with all that she had. Though this was an impulsive thing, she for sure wasn’t confusing Jessica for Tiffany. This was not because she missed Tiffany and was using Jessica. Not close. A familiar spark ignited within her and filled her whole body. Almost an exact same feeling when she was with Tiffany. There was a slight difference but this was the same feeling.

Jessica was rather shocked and the shorty could tell. Kissing her was the last thing Jessica probably thought Taeyeon would do. Taeyeon soon felt herself being shoved back. Her hooded onyx eyes took in the surprised expression on Jessica’s face and the hand that touched her lips. It was incredibly cute and that urge seemed to return.

As Jessica took a couple steps back, Taeyeon followed suit and grabbed her wrist, locking her into place. She pulled her towards her and gave her another kiss. That same feeling came back and she nipped at her lips. Taeyeon knew she wasn’t supposed to enjoy this kiss let alone initiate a second one. Yet here she was, doing the complete opposite.

Well that answers if I have feelings for her, was the last thought Taeyeon had before Jessica ripped her lips away from her own.

~

Lips covered Jessica’s and she stood stock-still. This was something completely from left field. Something she didn’t expect. Something that wasn’t registering in her brain. Taeyeon. Kissing. Her.

Once she regained the function of her brain, Jessica shoved Taeyeon away and took a couple of steps back. Her hand came up and touched her lips. The blonde-tipped haired woman did not just kiss her. It did not compute. It made no sense! Onyx eyes stared back into the shocked ice-princess’ own ones with a look Jessica could not figure out.

I…what was that? I mean, I did tell Tiffany I would love whomever she loves. But, I didn’t mean romantically! Did I? Taeyeon’s treated me nice. She also has treated me unfairly. Weeks of ignoring me! Wait, did she do that because she wanted me? Omo, do I feel the same way? Or does she just miss Tiffany?

The shorty followed Jessica’s retreat, cutting off her frenzied thoughts, and grabbed her wrist, pulling her closer to her. Their lips met a second time and Jessica was surprised to experience the aggressiveness of it.

This kiss was not anything like how Taeyeon kissed Tiffany. Jessica would know, she’d seen it. Taeyeon kissed Tiffany with gentleness even in the midst of passion. At first, Jessica was surprised by it because Taeyeon was such a blatant byuntae. After some time though, she grew accustomed to it and figured that Taeyeon rarely pushed her boundaries with Tiffany. Right now though, Taeyeon was most definitely pushing her boundaries with Jessica. Taeyeon held Jessica’s wrist and her other hand kept her head in place.

Okay, so maybe she knows she’s kissing me and is not just using me in place of Tiffany.

Lips pressed roughly against Jessica’s.

This was not gentle.

 

It was persistent.
It was demanding.
It was feral.
It was passionate.
It was just like when they argued.

 

I don’t think I’m ready for this. I said I would love her because I love Tiffany but no. I’m not ready. This is cheating! Wait, is it really? I don’t know. But Tiffany’s not here. This is completely different. Tiffany…Tiffany. No. No, this is cheating.

Jessica finally pulled her wrist free from Taeyeon’s grasp and shoved her harder, “Stop, stop. We’re cheating.”

~

Sorry it took so long. I made it by about fifteen minutes before it went over one week. Lol. This chapter’s a bit confusing I think, it sounded better in my mind but when I typed it up it’s…confusing. Hahaha. Tell me what you think.

AuthorFact: Whenever I watch Taeny videos, Jessica always distracts me if she’s in it.

As I said in the previous chapter I’ll give you the foreword to “Everybody Loves Sica.” Keep in mind that I won’t be continuing it. Sorry. Hahaha. But I hope you like it anyway.

~

A medium-height girl stood in front of her mirror, her eyes checking her appearance carefully. She had to be sure that there was nothing out of place because today was a perfect day to impress her best friend and crush at school. Her eyes glanced outside the window and she smiled when she noticed it was a clear and sunny day.

“Today’s the day,” she nodded to herself before heading out for school, the thought of the most beautiful girl on her mind.

~

At the school’s baseball field, there were two baseball players warming up. They were dressed in their practice uniforms and were currently passing each other the baseball.

“Hey Oppa.”

“Yah! Don’t call me that!”

“Hyung~”

“Don’t make me throw this at your head.”

“Okay, okay, Unnie,” the teasing stopped, knowing it wasn’t an empty threat.

A satisfied nod, “Now what was it?”

“What do you think of Jessica-ssi?”

~

Inside the school’s strawberry greenhouse stood another girl. She took in a deep breath and smiled before checking on her fruits. As she walked around the seemingly empty greenhouse, a beautiful girl was waiting for her with a shy smile.

“Omo. You surprised me.”

“Mianhe, I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“No, it’s okay. You came to help me again?”

“Yes…just being by your side…” her cheeks began to flush lightly.

A smile and a soft nudge, “Come on, let’s do this together.”

~

A pair of girls walked through the cafeteria, looking for a place to sit. They took a seat at an empty table with one collapsing onto the chair and the other pulling out some food to eat.

“I’m so tired~”

“Not my fault you decided to practice so early in the morning.”

“Hey, share some of your ramyun with me.”

“Wae? Get your own food.”

“Be a nice friend. I’m tired and hungry.”

“Not my fault.”

“Yah! So coldhearted…” a pout.

Her friend looked at her before sighing and pushing over her bowl. A couple of seconds passed before the offer was received in disbelief.

“Gomawo.”

~

At the library of the school sat a studious girl, her nose buried in a book. She was so focused that she didn’t notice someone behind her. The older girl smiled affectionately at the younger girl before placing a Ziploc bag on top of her book.

“Surprise!”

“Oh, a sweet potato?”

A big grin greeted the studious girl, “Ne, a sweet potato for a sweet girl.”

“Ah, kamsamnida, Unnie, but why did you give me one?”

She nonchalantly shrugged and gently ruffled her hair with a smile, “No reason, just wanted to spoil you.”

Warmth filled her chest and seemed to spread around her body at the simple, but very thoughtful, gesture. Her unnie always seemed to be taking care of her.

“Well, I have to go. See you at your house for guitar practice?”

“Ne, see you.”

A nod was given in confirmation before the other departed. The younger girl’s eyes kept glancing at the plastic covered sweet potato, and she couldn’t help but smile.

~

“Bye Unnie~”

“Bye Krystal!”

The blonde girl, Jessica, continued walking towards the high school, SM High. She glanced down at her watch and took note that she had plenty of time to get to school. Even if she were late, she would never be caught running, ever. After all, her motto in life was, “Never run, even if you’re late.”