Progress

Triangle

Seems like the last chapter got me a mixed reaction. First off, I’d like to thank the readers who are enjoying this non-traditional storyline. Thanks for sticking with me and I hope you continue to do so. There’s still more in store!
For those asking for Taengsic, I didn’t forget you guys. Just keep waiting and squinting because the moments will be there.
Lastly, I know I took a risk writing a story like this and some may have already dropped the story, but I was expecting that. For the readers who are still here, should I put a warning in the foreword or should I just keep it as it is?
Oh and by the way, there were minute details that were in my head as I was writing last chapter that weren’t spoken of clearly. That may have caused me readers but I edited it. I just added the details that weren’t there that were so clear in my head. Sorry about that. You don’t have to re-read it, only if you want to. I only added about two paragraphs or so. And sorry for the long author’s note. :P

Shoutout to sicasica90! Just…thanks. :)

~

It was another day in the Jeti plus Taeyeon household. The two older girls were constantly at each other’s throat with Tiffany in their midst who remained quiet during their arguments. Tiffany didn’t seem to mind and the other two didn’t overstep any boundaries with each other.

Taeyeon always seemed to want more from Tiffany but they didn’t do anything past kissing. There was that damn, unspoken rule that Taeyeon couldn’t do anything that made Jessica overly uncomfortable. The blonde didn’t like a lot of things but she was willing to allow moments between Taeyeon and Tiffany to happen.

“Taeyeon, change the channel.”

“Uhh, no, Jeshika. I’m watching this.”

“How many times do I have to tell you? It’s Jessica!”

“Yah, I can’t pronounce it, Sica, unless you tell me your Korean name. And no, I’m not changing the channel.”

“…”

“…”

“…”

“Can you change it, Taetae? I don’t like this.”

They were watching some horror film that Taeyeon stumbled upon while channel surfing. The trio was situated on the couch like how they normally found themselves. Jessica was sprawled forward in Tiffany’s arms, trying to hide her face, while Tiffany had her arms full of Jessica. She was burying her face into Jessica’s neck while pressing her back against Taeyeon’s front.

Taeyeon glanced down at the woman in her arms and bit her lips in contemplation, “But I like this movie.”

“I don’t like it, Taetae.”

“Just change it to comedy, midget.”

“But this is funny!”

Tiffany let out a whimper when a rather gruesome scene played out. A frown rested on Taeyeon’s face and she let out a long sigh. She lifted her hand slightly and changed the channel to some cheesy chick flick.

Jessica casted a quick glance at Taeyeon and smirked at the thought that entered her mind. Tiff has got the midget wrapped around her little finger. Or in other words, Taeyeon was whipped. The blonde was a bit surprised at the fact but couldn’t help but smile. She always figured Taeyeon pressured Tiffany to get what she wanted, namely , but Tiffany was the one who held the reigns and dictated their pace. For that, she was extremely grateful.

It was true that she didn’t like Taeyeon but these past few weeks she’s begun to tolerate her. She was thankful that Tiffany wouldn’t let things progress with Taeyeon too fast. The blonde knew it would happen eventually but she needed to take things one-step at a time. Their situation was weird being in a sharing relationship but the mushroom was able to balance it all out.

~

“Oh, Miyoung-ah!"

“Taetae, I need a few things…”

~

“Alright, you’re doing great. This time I want you to look over your shoulder, yes, just like that.”

Several clicks and flashes were faintly heard over the background music of the studio. The young model gave several poses that earned her praises from the photographer. Other models were on standby, the make up artists working on creating masterpieces with their canvasses.

Sharp eyes observed the outcome of the pictures before giving a satisfied nod, “Alright, last one before break. We need the group shot.”

The orders were followed and it took about half an hour before the photographer was satisfied with the result. Smiles and thanks were given to all the crew before they dispersed for lunch. People were slowly walking out of the studio and the photographer looked up to a rather unpleasant surprise.

“So this is where you work?” Taeyeon looked around the studio, a plastic bag in hand.

Jessica narrowed her eyes, “Yah, what are you doing here?”

“Tiffany was worried you didn’t have lunch.”

“Aish, she’s the one who normally forgets lunch.”

A smirk covered Taeyeon’s face, “True, which is why you should head over to her work and have lunch with her. Oh, and she needs these documents.”

Jessica watched as Taeyeon pulled out a thick folder from behind her, “Why didn’t you take it to her. Don’t you want to spend time with your Miyoung without me?”

The smirk on Taeyeon’s face turned into a wry smile, “True, but we agreed that I can see Miyoung-ah by myself only once a week. I was with her yesterday. Besides, her father’s there.”

That was surprising news. Jessica figured Taeyeon was seeing Tiffany by herself whenever she had the chance. At least, that’s what Jessica was doing. She didn’t know that Tiffany had conditions for Taeyeon that she didn’t hold against her. Tiffany never mentioned that in her conversations with Jessica. Though Taeyeon was such a prick, she respected Jessica’s relationship with Tiffany.

The next thought that occurred in her mind caused her some confusion. Tiffany worked at her father’s business and he was always there. Was Taeyeon saying she never visited Tiffany at work because of her father?

Taeyeon looked at Jessica and placed the plastic bag full of food on a nearby chair, “Abuji, I mean Mr. Hwang, is not exactly my fan. Anyway, I’ve got to go. Bye Sica, make sure my Yepeuni eats well.”

~

Jessica fell asleep on the couch and would have continued slumbering if it weren’t for the incessant ringing. Someone was on the other side of the door, ringing the doorbell. She’d bet her whole house it was the bane of her existence and she tried ignoring it. After about the fifteenth ring, she stood up in exasperation.

She pulled open the door with such a force and a level ten glare on her face, “Why can’t you wait outside, midget?”

Taeyeon looked up to see a disheveled Jessica who had circles underneath her eyes. She had the iciest glare on record and the blonde-tipped woman visibly shivered. The shorty had to admit though, Jessica looked kind of cute with her sleepy face.

“But it’s cold out here, Sicaaa,” Taeyeon tried to compensate with some rare aegyo.

Jessica’s glare seemed to increase and she threw the closest thing to her, which happened to be an umbrella, at the cold midget, “Yah! I hate aegyo!”

That was a true fact, unless it came from Tiffany of course. Although that was kind of funny how the trio hated aegyo from anyone else but their loved one, or in Tiffany’s case, loved two.

Taeyeon lifted up her arms in defense and picked up the umbrella that harmed her. Jessica turned back around and plopped back onto the couch, leaving the front door wide open for Taeyeon to come in. It wasn’t like she could leave Taeyeon outside anyway for two reasons. One, Tiffany wouldn’t like it. Two, and most importantly, Taeyeon would continue ringing the doorbell, hence ruining her much needed beauty sleep.

“It’s not like you don’t do aegyo on Tippani!”

The older girl proceeded inside, carefully putting the umbrella back in its place and locking the door behind her. Tiffany must have been in another meeting and that would mean the two had to tolerate one another again. However, this time, Jessica seemed to be exhausted and went back to her nap. Taeyeon took off her boots and went to sit next to Jessica on the couch, turning on the television.

She glanced at the now sleeping ice princess. Her arm was up in a peculiar position, as if she was being scolded, and she had a serene look on her face. It wasn’t in its usual scowl or glare and Taeyeon smiled. If only you looked like that all the time, then we wouldn’t always have to fight. The ice princess then shivered in her sleep and Taeyeon frowned; it was kind of chilly in here. She stood up, looking for the thermostat to turn on the heater.

Once the heater was on, she placed a blanket over her rival. It wasn’t like she liked Jessica; it was just something Tiffany would appreciate. Besides, whomever Tiffany treasured and loved, even if she was annoying as hell, Taeyeon would have to make sure nothing ill happened to her.

An hour later, in the middle of some random movie Taeyeon was watching, she heard the door unlock. She glanced at the hallway to see Tiffany coming in with a sigh. The shorty stood up and walked towards her mushroom.

“Yepeuni~”

“Taetae!” she yelled and enveloped the shorty in her arms.

They exchanged a small kiss, “The ice princess is asleep.”

Tiffany looked over Taeyeon’s shoulder to see her girlfriend asleep. She walked over and slipped underneath the same blanket, “Aww, my poor Jessi baby must be tired.”

Taeyeon looked on at the exchange, surprisingly not feeling any sort of jealousy as she did before. It was more of an acceptance. They would be sharing Tiffany and she treated the both of them with equality. At times it seemed unfair but after their talk yesterday, Taeyeon understood Jessica more.

~

Dark, onyx eyes looked across the Han River. She was at her safe place, the place where she could gather her thoughts. Her hand was sketching the landscape, around her, unaware of the pair of eyes that were looking intently at her.

“Why’d you bring me here, Taetae?”

Taeyeon at first didn’t respond as she was sketching, her focus solely on the art she was trying to capture. After a couple minutes of silence, Taeyeon placed her utensils to the side. She glanced at Tiffany before taking her hand and intertwining it with her own. The shorty lifted their conjoined hands and kissed the back of her palm.

“Why do you love the both of us?”

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon and smiled that eye-smile of hers, “It’s hard for me to explain, Taetae. I just do. You both make me feel that special something.”

Taeyeon frowned, unable to understand, “I know this may sound insensitive of me but, are you sure it’s not just that you love the feeling of having both of us? Are you sure you’re not just leading one of us on? That maybe…Jessica is just a rebound or you’re just reminiscing with what we used to have with me?”

The mushroom shook her head side to side, a frown on her face. She knew both of her girlfriends had their own set of insecurities and that they couldn’t understand her feelings towards the both of them. Tiffany could see it in their eyes, as if they were unsure how this was working out.

“Taetae, how do you feel about me?”

Taeyeon squeezed Tiffany’s hand, “You are my first and only love. I love you.”

“I know that, but how do I make you feel?”

The shorty blinked in thought before answering, “My love for you isn’t based on feelings. It’s a fact. If my love for you were based on feelings then we wouldn’t last. If it meant only when you make me happy means I love you. Let’s say, if we got into a fight and I was having bitter feelings towards you, wouldn’t that mean I no longer love you? But that’s not the case. I love you, Miyoung-ah. Because of the fact I love you, the feelings follow after. Even if you made me bitter towards you and hurt, the fact that I love you wouldn’t change.”

Tiffany was silent for a while, amazed at the depth of Taeyeon’s answer. This conversation was something she knew that she would soon have to have with Jessica just so they would all be on the same page.

“When Jessica first confessed her love to me…I almost jumped straight into the relationship. I was still so hurt from our break up. I mean I knew two years had already past but I couldn’t do that to Jessi. We were best friends. She understood everything about me with having to say anything. We were soul mates. I just couldn’t let her be a rebound.

So I rejected her. I know it broke her but I couldn’t get with her until I was sure that I loved her. Not love her because I missed you but that I genuinely and truly loved her. She was so patient with me and it was about a year later that I found out that I was already in love with her. I know that some of our friends still believe that she is still a rebound but she’s not. I would never leave her because I love her.

Then there’s you. Yes, you were and are, my first love. Ever since I fell in love with you, I never stopped. However, don’t get that confused with my love for Jessica. Like I said, I didn’t want her to be a rebound. It’s hard to explain, I know.

Just like you said Taetae. It’s fact. I love you. I love her. Even when you’re at each other’s throats, I can’t explain it. I just love the both of you. I know no one understands that but you can’t fight facts. Feelings change, but facts don’t.”

~

“Taetae, can you cook us dinner?”

Taeyeon looked down at her mushroom cuddled with the ice princess and just smiled. She leaned forward and captured her Miyoung’s lips with her own, “Anything for you, Yepeuni~”

Her talk with Tiffany definitely cleared up her doubts about this arrangement. It also cleared up Jessica’s, she knew of that fact because the same night they had that conversation, Tiffany kicked Taeyeon out of the bedroom to explain to Jessica. They were all finally on the same page and it seemed things were finally looking up.

~

I did not expect this chapter to have such…raw emotion? Depth? I don’t know, it was comedic arguments in my mind that were supposed to happen. Oh well, I’ll just go with it. :D And it seems I still haven’t followed the whole outline I have for this chapter [which is still a continuation of the last one]. I guess this just means all my outlines for each chapter will be split because once I start writing, it’s getting longer and longer with surprising twists that even I didn’t predict. :P

AuthorFact: The first couple ever that got me into writing fanfiction was Haruka and Michiru. Ami and Makoto, Minako and Rei, and Chibiusa and Hotaru quickly followed them.