Don’t believe what people say about you, Jessy.

"Truth or Dare, Jess?"

One last thing I never thought was to find Jinyoung in the living room of my house. He was talking to my grandmother. He looks very comfortable, as someone who has often been there before.

“Hei, Jessy,” He greats me when he saw me entering my own house.

“Jiyoung?”

“Surprise!” He was laughing, so happy to have surprised me. "Actually, it was also surprising to me. Upon entering the house, I saw the painting hanging on the wall and said to myself –weird, the girl in the painting is very similar to Jessica. Apparently, this is your house”

“This young man helped me carry the groceries up to the house.” Gran, who was brewing a cup of hot tea, replied from the kitchen.

"Gran, I've told you are going to shop tomorrow after work," I sighed. "Gran didn’t have to do it alone"

However, as usual, she was ignoring my nagging. "You've grown very quickly," she said, my head softly. "Sometimes, I forget which ones are old and which ones are still teenagers"

After fulfilling our bellies with Gran's homemade snacks, me and Jinyoung sat on the front porch of my house. The air is very fresh although a bit cloudy. Both me and Jinyoung looked up at the sky, equally not speak. If  Stephy here, maybe now will not feel awkward.

"Your grandmother is definitely good at cooking." Jinyoung suddenly spoke up. "Her cookies better than any cake I ever ate"

I smiled. "Wait till you try the pancakes. I could eat one plate alone"

Jinyoung laughed. I love to hear his laugh. "Sometime invited me to try it"

I said yes, my worries evaporate instantly. I'm amazed at his ability to create a fun atmosphere, wherever he goes.

“How does it feel so far from home? Did you miss your family?”

“Everytime,” he said. “I have a little sister who is very adorable, she is 7 years old. Sometimes, I'll call home just to hear her voice."

“I really wanted to have a brother." As a only child, sometimes I want to know how it feel had a brother or sister.

“Sometimes, my sister can be very frustrating, but most of time, I just miss her. My parents are too busy working, so I rarely talk to them. She's all I've got. Here. Her name is Jinri.” He pulled out his wallet to show a picture with a curly-haired girl. They have similar facial structures; a pair of narrow eyes, thin lips, white skin. In the photo Jinyoung look younger, probably about fourteen years old, and he looked thinner.

“You're look alike," I said when handed the photo.

“Many people say that," he said. "I've got to see your mom. You guys were very similar, But she seems less healthy”

"She rarely left the house," I said, explaining about the disease. "Every time out of the house, Mom would shortness of breath and had panic attacks. Till now, we have not been able to cure it." I started to talk about family, about Dad, about Mom, and also Gran.

“At first, Gran and Mom did not get along. But, one day, I suddenly had a high fever. Gran who raced to the hospital with our old car and save my life. Without it, I might not be here now." I guess, that's what ultimately makes Mom relented and accepted Gran.

Jinyoung listened carefully until I finish. Usually, people –except Stephy –do not ever really want to know about me. "Thanks Jessy, you already told it to me." He even said so.

“Most people would probably prefer if I did not say anything," I joked, but Jinyoung not laugh. He looked at me with intense, and as he spoke, his tone turned serious.

“Don’t  believe what people say about you, Jessy. Not all of them are true"

At that moment, I felt something rustle role in my heart. Maybe it was just a feeling appreciated, or gratitude for what he had just said. For a moment, neither of us spoke. To get rid of that feeling, I hastily said, "It's your turn to talk." I want to know his favorite color, what kind of his hometown, what his ambition ... I want to know more about him.

Jinyoung talked about his hometown. "But I'm curious to see how the snow in Seoul," he said excitedly.

Many people who don't like it, but fall is my favorite weather. Winter snow, mistletoe and pine trees, the presents on Christmas morning, and speckled snow from the windows. When the snow is too thick, the school would be closed.

“Christmas this year, we must passed together," said Jinyoung.

I nodded. "Come to my house at that time. I would ask Gran to make pancakes for the three of us."

“Deal?” He held up his little finger, like a child. I smiled broadly and greeted him. "Deal!" We connect our little finger and he added one handshake to cover the pledge.

After Jinyoung went home, I told my Gran. "Jinyoung says he's looking forward to the pancakes you make at Christmas"

Gran smiles happily, “He’s a good kid. You like him, don’t you?”

Me? Like him? “Gran, we’re just a friend”

Gran smiled again, softly this time. “There's nothing wrong with liking someone," she said. "It will only make you stronger." When she saw my expression that was not too convinced, she said, "Someday, Jessy, I'm sure you'll understand"