History

"Truth or Dare, Jess?"

Jessica

I love history.

I always remember that my teacher  ever told me that “The thing is, everything and everyone is a part of history”. Your name never been at every  book or anything, but your name always at your bestfriend’s heart and your family’s. and even you’ll leave this world whenever, belive it yourself will forever be a part of history, although the scope is just a little.

Yes, that’s what history mean for me. My name is Jessica, and my story began.

***

Mr. Kim’s history class is my favorite lesson. The reasons are:

First, Mr. Kim is cute. He is maybe around 23-25 years old.

Second, his classes are always interesting and students never get bored if history was starting.

The last reason is, Mr. Kim thinks every human is a piece of history.

The last class for today is history. Mr. Kim stand in front of the class, tapping his ruler at his desk waiting for attention.

“Did you know what day is today guys?”

Nobody answer, Mr. Kim sigh then he give us his forever brightly smile, “Today is a project day!”

 Half of students give their unhappy grumbling as the respon, “Hey hey not fair! You complain before know what I had planned for the task this time. I promise, it will be fun!”, Mr. Kim yelling again.

The student who sit in front of me, Yuri, raise her hand, “I don’t understand Mr. Kim. Can you tell us?”

Mr. Kim smile widely because he seems too excited, “You guys are freely doing anything, creating a magazine, create photo albums, create family tree, anything! Understand now?”

Whole class started rumbling stated questions. Then Mr. Kim raise his hand with gestures such as to stop traffic, then grinned again, “And the best part is, you guys free choose your partner!”

I immediately caught my best friend's eye, Stephy, who had been busy drawing in her notebook. I stand up and move my chair beside her, and throw all my things at her desk while asking, “So, What we will do for this project?” As usual, I take a glance at Stephy’s notebook and saw she is drawing her lovely cat, Blu, at the first page. “I don’t know, Jess. Maybe, we can make an illustration about this town?”

“I don’t think so, Steph. I guess other will do like that,too”

“Yeah, you right”, Silence is coming; Stephy tipping his pencil, and I focus the view of Blu on paper, thinking hard.

“Hey, Jess, do you know that guy who just move here?”, Stephy stop playing with her pencil and make a gestures to the new guy who sit not far from our chair. Of course I know him. He is an exchange-students from America, and he looks em –cute.

“His name is Jeaeny, or Joan –or whatever like that, huh”. Stephy is always have a trouble with remember something, although it was just name. Even she ever called me Jossy.

“Jinyoung, Steph”

“Yah, I think he is cute enough”, Stephy comments. “if only he did not use sneakers that look oversized”

“Ugh, Stephy. The guy that you were talking about, he was walking into here”

I’m not lying because that new student is truly standing beside me and Stephy. Stephy give me a death glare, and she is blushing. I open my mouth try to at least say something, but it stop at my throat. But then I hear that guy is speaking, “Hei, do both of you need of a new partner?”

***

Like I ever told you before, everything began from history class. I just don’t know yet how it will be over.