02. Jeju Island

Inchoation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) please read the prequel first (if you haven't) before you read this chapter here. ^^

 

“Ms. Park’s condition is much better now that she has woken up from her unconscious state. We still have to monitor her condition regularly but for now, rest assured, Ms. Park’s condition is much better,” doctor Seo said after checking up Bom’s condition. “Thank you doctor. Please do inform my parents.” “Sure. Then I’ll take my leave,” he bowed before leaving the room.

“Bommie eonni,” she eyed her sister worriedly. “Yah Sandara Park! Don’t give me that look. I’m fine now, see?” Bom chuckled weakly. “Arasseo eonni,” she smiled, “Anyway eonni, I’m getting married.” “Dara-ya, seriously?” “Abeoji asked me to, so,” she shrugged. “Are you sure? You can still back out, you know. Marriage without love, are you sure, Dara? Marriage isn’t a joke.” “It’s not a problem eonni. You know me. It’s not like I have someone I like or even love either. There’s nothing wrong in my perspective.” “You’ll know when you fall for someone. Marriage is a serious thing, you know. And you do know everyone in our family believe in a once-in-a-lifetime marriage. Promise me, Dara, when you have someone you love later, back out, okay?” “I promise,” she sighed.

“Bommie-ah!” Mrs. Park called as soon as she went inside the ward. “Eomma,” Bom smiled weakly. “It’s good to see you awake, daughter,” her father said while smiling tenderly. “It feels good to be awake, appa,” she smiled. “You’ve done well, our daughter,” he said with his tender smile never left his face. “I know right, appa,” she chuckled.

Dara stood on the far-end of the ward, unnoticed. Her parents’ attentions were all on her sister who just woke up from her unconscious state. She, herself, was glad that her sister was finally awake. She heaved a sigh and slightly smiled as she slipped herself out of the ward quietly. “Bommie eonni, please always be okay,” she whispered on the closed door before walking away.

 

“Abeoji, you called?” Dara said as she bowed to her father. “How’s business?” “It’s been good, abeoji.” Mr. Park nodded in agreement. “Dara-ya, I want you to handle our business in Jeju. Our new resort is going to be built there as soon as possible. There’s a meeting with the shareholder, investors and contractors in three days. I’ll let you handle this and I trust you, Dara. You do know that I have high expectation on this, right?” “Yes abeoji.” “Don’t disappoint me, Dara. Do well. Your flight to Jeju is in two days, 11 a.m.” “I understand, abeoji. Is there anything else?” “No, Dara. You can go,” Mr. Park said as he continued to type on his laptop. “I’ll take my leave, abeoji,” she bowed and left her father’s office. “Jeju Island,” she whispered as she leaned her body on the door while heaving a long sigh.

 

The clear sky of Jeju’s spring welcomed her as soon as the plane landed. She got up from her business class seat and walked out of the plane with a handbag on her hand. The flight attendant bowed as she exited the plane.

“Thank you for flying with Jeju Air. We hope you enjoy your stay in Jeju Island,” the stewardess said in which Dara replied only with a mere nod. She took her confident strides through the airport, taking her only luggage from the conveyor belt and walked out of the airport where her had been waiting.

“Good afternoon, Ms. Park. Welcome to Jeju Island,” one of the guy in black suit bowed while the other took her luggage. “Your meeting is at 10 a.m. tomorrow. May I you to the hotel, Ms. Park?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter