08. Engagement Preparations

Inchoation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) Cheongdam-dong is an elite district in Seoul, just like Gangnam or Apgujeong-dong which are more widely-known :)

 

Day by day went by like usual for her, worked then went home. The only thing that was different was only the constant messages from him, which had always succeed to make a smile appeared on her face. She had been smiling much more those past days because of him but still, she smiled when she was only with herself, not when people were around.

 

She leaned back on the chair as she massaged her tired nape. She took a glance at the small clock on her table and realized that it was only thirty minutes away from her appointment. She had talked to Seunghyun, got his number from Youngbae, and they had promised to meet Bom that day.

She took her purse and car key before leaving her office room. “Ms. Lee, I won’t be going back to the office again so you’re free to go home when you’ve finished all of your works,” she said to her secretary. “Yes, Ms. Park.” She heard her reply before she went to the elevator and went down to the lobby. Nodding to the employees who were greeting her, she went outside to her car. She unlocked her car, started the engine and drove off.

The huge building painted in clean white greeted her as soon as she stopped the engine of her car. Seunghyun and she had promised to meet directly in the hospital. She locked her car and with her usual straight face, walked to the lobby.

“Seunghyun-ssi,” she nodded as a greeting when she saw his figure. “Oh, Dara-ssi, you’re here,” he smiled politely at her while nodding. “Yes. Well, let’s go. I haven’t told Bom about this so this will be a surprise for her,” she said monotonously as she walked towards the secluded area where Bom’s VIP ward was located in. Wordlessly, Seunghyun only followed her wherever she was going.

Softly she knocked on a particular door. “Come in,” they heard from the other side. She opened the door and upon seeing whom her sister was with, she bowed in respect. “Eomoni,” she acknowledged respectfully. “Oh, Dara-ya, you’re here,” her mother replied flatly, “Good thing you’re here. You can accompany Bom since I’m just about to leave for some important business matters.” “I’ll take care of eonni. Don’t worry, eomoni,” she replied. “Bommie-ah, take care, okay? Eomma will be going,” her mother said softly to her older sister. “I know, eomma. Don’t worry,” her older sister smiled.

The sisters’ mother got up from her seat and left the room. The lady only nodded at Seunghyun who was standing awkwardly beside the door. When their mother was out of earshot, she turned to look at her sister and sat beside the bed. “Bommie eonni, there’s someone who wants to see you,” she said while smiling softly. The sight of her smile caught Seunghyun off guard. He never saw her smile sincerely whenever he saw her before. “Seunghyun-ssi,” she called, snapping him out of his daze.

“Seunghyun? Choi Seunghyun?” Bom uttered disbelievingly. “Bommie-ah,” he called her name softly with his usual deep voice, completely forgetting about the smiling Dara. “Is it really you, Tabi?” “It’s me Bom,” he said as he approached her slowly. “It’s really me,” he said again when he had reached her side and placed a soft peck on her forehead. “I found you, finally,” he said while caressing her almost bald hair.

“Eonni, I’ll leave you two alone. Call me if you need something, okay?” She said as she got up from her seat. “I will, Dara-ya.” With her reply, she went out of the ward and closed the door. She leaned her back on the door. A lot of thoughts came into her mind. She could still hear the words exchanged between Bom and Seunghyun inside and she couldn’t help but felt a little pinch inside her heart. The Sandara Park before surely wouldn’t had felt this but how could she lie to herself? Her heart longed for the warmth, she longed for something like what Bom and Seunghyun were sharing, warm yet sweet conversation, the chemistry, and moreover, the sparks between them even when they were apart for years. She knew, she could feel all of it.

Sighing, she straightened up herself and walked away aimlessly. She walked around the hospital, looking and checking around like a director she was. Eventually, her steps stopped in the hospital’s park. She found an empty bench and silently sat down.

The sky was bright orange, indicating that the evening time would come soon. She looked up at the clear sky which was darkening in color every second passed. The weather was still slightly cold even though it was spring already, hence there wasn’t many people around. Shivering slightly, she rubbed her own arms herself, trying to get some warmth.

She decided to get back inside because of the weather was getting colder. She was about to walk when her phone rang out of the blue. She took out her phone and read what was written on the flashing screen.

Youngbae-ssi is calling

Her fiancé. She heaved a sigh before picking up the phone. “Yeoboseyo?” She said immediately as soon as she answered the call. “Dara-ssi, do you have time tomorrow?” “I have to check up my schedule with my secretary first, why?” She answered nonchalantly. “We have been scheduled for your engagement dress fitting tomorrow and we have to pick out our engagement rings and the invitation cards.” “Aren’t the things like engagement rings and invitation cars handle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter