04. The Official Meeting

Inchoation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) please read the prequel first (if you haven't) before you read this chapter here. ^^

 

Perhaps, some of you do wonder why Dara called their father 'abeoji' and their mother 'eomoni' when Bom called them 'appa' and 'eomma'. Well, 'abeoji' and 'eomoni' is the 'more formal' form. You all do know how is Dara's position so you might figured out why :)

The jolt from the plane touching the ground woke her up from her short sleep. She rubbed her eyes tiredly as she looked out of the window. ‘It’s Seoul again,’ she closed her eyes for a moment. When the plane jerked into a stop, she hastily unfastened her seatbelt and got up. She needed to get out of the plane as fast as she could. She couldn’t see him, not again. She slipped past him when he was looking for his bag. She ignored the stewardess’ greeting as she took huge steps towards the main building of the Gimpo International Airport. She passed through the crowd, looking for her .

“Welcome back to Seoul, Ms. Park,” the man in black suit bowed as soon as she found him. “Let me you back to the mansion,” which she replied only with a nod. The man took her luggage and put it in the car’s back compartment. He then opened the door for her while still bowing. She hesitated a bit. ‘Guess this is really goodbye, mystery guy.’ She got on the car silently as the driver drove off soon after.

Her family mansion was in deep silence when she entered. Her father was overseas again for business, she knew that without a doubt. He had always been a one heck busy man. Her mother was probably in the hospital again, attending to Bom’s needs. The thought of Bom made her wanted to knock her own head off. How she could be so selfish, wanting a bit more peacefulness and freedom, while her sister was still weak in the hospital. She shook her head hard to clear off her thoughts.

Entering her huge bedroom, she stopped by the door. She looked around and for the first time, she realized. She realized that her room felt empty. It felt cold. Sure, her room was every girl’s dream room. Huge bedroom with private bathroom and a huge closet inside. But one thing that her room didn’t have, warmth. Her room, there was no warmth in it. All these long, she didn’t realize for she didn’t care much since her heart itself felt cold. Yet her silent meeting with the mystery guy changed a lot of thing. Not only a lot of thing changed actually, their silent meeting changed everything. He taught her the warmth that she had never known before only through his silent presence, he taught her the peacefulness she secretly longed to feel.

She took a step by step further inside her room slowly. She sat on the end of the bed and took off the stilettos she was wearing. She laid her back down with her legs still dangling on the end of the bed. Even her supposed-to-be warm bed felt cold, really cold. She looked at the ceiling blankly as images of him wandered inside her head. A sigh escaped her lips followed by a low chuckle. She missed him already and she didn’t know why. Even the thought only confused her more. Everything was unusual and new to her. She was unfamiliar with the feelings. She had been the emotionless girl throughout her life but then she was feeling something, something that her rational side said that she shouldn’t feel.

 

“Bommie eonni,” she called softly as she opened the door of her sister’s VVIP ward. Her lips twitched upwards into a soft smile upon the sight of her sister munching corn while watching something on the TV. “Bommie eonni,” she called once again and that earned her sister’s attention.

“Oh Dara-ya, you came,” she beamed brightly. “Where did eomoni go?” “Eomma? She said that she had something to so and left,” Bom shrugged nonchalantly, still happily munching her corn. “Did the doctor allowed you to eat that?” “Yah, Sandara Park! Stop treating me like a sick person. Besides, what harm my precious corn can cause to me,” she glared at her little sister while pouting cutely. There went the childish Park Bom. Dara sighed and smiled at her pouting sister. “Fine, fine. You can eat your beloved corn all you want, eonni. But not too much, okay?” She lightly chuckled. “Thank you, Dara-ya. I love you, sis,” she giggled as she continued watching whatever she was watching earlier. Dara turned to join in silence. Once in a while, they would laugh together when some funny scenes were played, just like ordinary sisters.

“Ah, Dara-ya. How’s Jeju Island?” Bom asked out of the blue. She turned to face Dara and smiled. Her abrupt question mad eDara stiffened for some while but she quickly composed herself back. Bom, being her older sister since forever, could sense it. She could sense the uneasiness in Dara. “Is there anything bothering you, Dara?” She asked before Dara could even reply to her first question. Dara heaved a silent sigh yet it didn’t escape Bom’s ears. “Not-” “Don’t give me a ‘nothing’, Dara. I know it’s not nothing. There’s something bothering you, right? Dara-ya, you know you can talk to me, share with me. I’m always here for you,” Bom looked at her eyes, urging her to speak up. “I don’t know, eonni,” she said in a low tone, more like a whisper, but loud enough for Bom to hear. “Tell me, Dara-ya. It’ll lessen your burden at least a bit.”

She fell into a silence as soon as Bom finished her words. His images flew around her mind again. Why she couldn’t erase him from her mind when she usually forgot people easily, she didn’t even know herself. She turned to look at her only sister. “Have you ever fallen in love before, eonni? How does it feel to be in love?” She whispered quietly. “Love, hmm,” Bom tilted her head to the side as memories of her high school days flooded in. “Yeah, once. It was puppy love though,” she giggled, “His name was Seunghyun, Choi Seunghyun.” A giddy smile appeared on Bom’s lips as the memory of Seunghyun asking her out entered her mind.

 

***

 

He fidgeted nervously with his hand on his back. The girl who happened to be his crush was standing in front of him, waiting for him to speak up whatever he wanted to talk about. “Park Bom,” he called softly, his heart was beating wildly inside. While unknown to him, she was waiting to hear what he was about to say nervously. Her heart beating was in the same pace as his.

“Park Bom, will you be my girlfriend?” He popped the question without stopping to take a breath after making up his mind and gathering his courage. He looked at her eyes for a while before he turned to look at their shoes like they were the most interesting thing in the world.

“Choi Seunghyun,” she called with the soft voice of hers. “Tabi,” she called once again when she saw him didn’t look up. “Bommie-ah.” “I’d love to, Tabi. I’d love to be your girlfriend,” she smiled sweetly at him as her cheeks flushed pink.

His face brightened upon hearing her answer. He didn’t think twice for him to envelope her in a tight hug. “Thank you Bommie, thank you,” he whispered in her ear.

 

***

 

Before, Bom had really entered schools like how people usually were. Her illness wasn’t that severe then even though she had been sick since she was a little girl. Bom had been a cheerful girl despite the illness she was suffering from. She had always been the optimistic girl, a total opposite of Dara’s cold personality.

 

“Where is he now, eonni?” Dara asked carefully. “Tabi?” She sighed before continuing, “He went to reach his dre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter