12. Distant

Inchoation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BIG BANG’S G-DRAGON IS USING ?

 

MOST OF G-DRAGON’S SONGS ARE REPORTED TO BE A PLAGIARIZED WORK?

 

She couldn’t believe her own eyes. Kwon Jiyong? Her Jiyong? It was all impossible to her. No, it must be the reporter’s doing, she wanted to think, they were just making it up for the sake of the entertainment world’s gossip. Nevertheless, she couldn’t ignore the voice in the back of her mind, telling her that it was possible that those articles were her father’s doing.

She let her head laid on the table. She didn’t know what to do. Would it be best to leave him alone? She ruffled her hair frustratingly, pulling her poor hair to every direction. She was restless. She couldn’t keep still yet she didn’t know what to do to fix the situation. One thing came through her mind, though. She should stay away from him. That’s the only way to stop her father.

She turned away from the computer and looked at Chaerin, “Where is hwejangnim?” “At his home office, Ms. Park.” “Prepare my car and print out those articles. I will go meet hwejangnim.” It was really obvious that she was holding back her anger, which was pretty unusual for her usual expressionless self. “I understand, Ms. Park. I will take my leave for now,” Chaerin bowed and left the room.

 

She ruffled her hair in anger. She always knew that what her father wanted was what her father got. For some time, she forgot that and decided to go against him. And this was what she got. Unpleasant rumors about the one she loved cared about.

She looked at her phone and there were about twenty text messages and fifteen missed calls from Jiyong. She took a brief look through the text messages and there were all almost the same. Him asking if she was alright, if she had eaten, if she had read the articles already, and him saying that he was okay and not to worry about him. Her heart clenched. He didn’t know that there was a huge possibility that her father was responsible for the unpleasant articles about him. What if he knew? He’d hate her for sure, and he’d ask her to stay away from him. No, she couldn’t afford that. Not when she had found comfort in him. That’s why she should really talk to her father about this.

Just then, a knock came from her door. “Ms. Park,” Chaerin bowed as she entered her office, “here are the articles you requested to be printed out and your car is ready at the lobby.” “Thank you, Ms. Lee. If I’m not back at six, you could just go home, okay?” “Ne, Ms. Park.”

 

***

 

“Excuse me, hwejangnim. Your daughter is here.” “Let her in,” her father said in his usual flat tone. As soon as she was allowed in, she bowed in respect to her father. “Good afternoon, abeoji.” Her father looked up from the financial report he was reading and eyed her, “What are you doing here at this hour instead of working?” The papers she was holding were crumpled. She was boiling in anger.

Her father was back to studying the report in his hands while saying, “It’s nice to see some expression from you, Dara. Although I kind of know the reason and I don’t like a bit of it.” She silently took a deep breath and almost threw the papers onto his table. “Abeoji, can you tell me what is it?”

Her father didn’t even look up from the reports he was reading. “You know what it is, Dara. It’s like what you see it is.” “So, are you admitting that these are your doings?” Her voice rising. “I warned you, didn’t I? And you chose to ignore it,” he putted down the report and looked at her, “From now on, stop seeing him or I’ll keep these things going.” “Coward,” she hissed lowly. “And I’m serious, Dara. You know I never joke around with you,” her father added.

 

***

 

It’s been days. Days of not picking up his phone calls nor replying his text messages. Days felt like months. She stayed away from her phone to avoid him, fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter