03. Jeju Island Pt. 2

Inchoation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(A/N) please read the prequel first (if you haven't) before you read this chapter here. ^^

 

Unlocking her suite, she stepped out of her flat shoes and wore the hotel sandals. Her hand bag was thrown somewhere in the room and she didn’t care. She proceeded on her way to the luxury bathroom to freshen herself. Sounds of trickling water from the shower could be heard as she chose to take a refreshing shower instead of the luxurious hot bath.

Clad in her bathrobe, she strode towards the sofa and plopped herself down, picking the remote up to turn on the TV. She strolled through the channels before throwing the remote somewhere else, turning the TV off in the process. She huff in annoyance while mentally cursing all the TV producers.

“Stupid dramas. In the end, they’ll always have a happy ending. Don’t they know that there’s much more after those happy endings? Life goes on,” she mumbled to the TV. “I hate dramas,” she uttered as she made her way to the bedroom of her suite.

Throwing herself unto the bed, she looked up to the ceiling. Subconsciously, her mind drift off to the guy she saw earlier. The handsome face of his decorated the ceiling she was looking at. She shook her head to ease his image away. “Meeting, 10 a.m. tomorrow,” she mumbled as she heaved a sigh. “Meeting, 10 a.m. tomorrow,” she kept mumbling and chanting those words like a spell in her mind yet the image of the guy she met earlier was still clear in her mind.

“Get yourself together, Sandara Park. Meeting, 10 a.m. tomorrow,” she mumbled the last time as her eyelids felt heavy. Soon enough, sleep took over her.

 

Hair was disarrayed, eyes were red, clothes were crumpled, was what she started her morning with. At that exact moment, she was completely away from her composed, elegant, and goddess-like heiress image. She looked just like an ordinary girl who just woke up. She ruffled her hair, still half-asleep. Yet, even though she was in her half-awake state, she still looked stunning, a perfect picture of a goddess. Her porcelain skin glowed with the hitting of morning sunrays.

She took a look at her phone, checking the time. Knowing the time, she jolted up off the bed and made a mad dash to the bathroom, successful in creating a new record. Oh yes, she was late even if she hated to admit it. She only had an hour before the meeting she had to attend started.

Dressed in her formal yet fashionable clothes -checkered blazer, ruffled blouse, knee-length a-line skirt, and a pair of black stilettos-, she sat in front of the mirror. She only put some light make up for she didn’t bother to put on some heavy ones. Taking her files and purse with her, she stepped out of her suite.

Walking ever so elegantly, she arrived on the conference room on time and the meeting started right away. Like a professional director, she listened to all of the presentations with her full-of-authority aura. They talked about the prospects, the location, the design, the targeted market, the expected profits, and any other things related to the soon-to-be built resort. All through the while, she just kept her straight face. She only nodded when she agreed and said a ‘no’ when she didn’t agree. Everyone in the conference room couldn’t even guess whether she agreed because she liked the idea or whether she only agreed because of the good prospects yet she didn’t really like the idea. No one could really read what was in her mind throughout the meeting.

“Thank you for your time. We hope all the best and success to our new resort,” she said at the end of the meeting as she got up from her seat and bowed before leaving the conference room. She heaved a sigh and walked away. Her meeting was over but she still had to check the resort location several times before she came back to Seoul.

 

A while later, she arrived at her hotel suite. Throwing her files and purses onto the couch, she threw herself over the bed, shrugging off her stilettos along the way. She looked at the ceiling blankly as she sighed for the second time that day. His images, once again, filled the ceiling she was looking at. Her mind was full of images of him. His carefree sleeping image seemed to never get tired to fill her mind. She wanted to see him again but she knew she couldn’t. She wasn’t allowed. She wanted to ease her mind, erasing those images of him from her mind. She needed to rest. Undoubtedly, she was tired. The meeting took almost all day and she still had to check the new resort location for a while. Yet, her mind couldn’t seem to rest.

She heaved another sigh. ‘What are you doing to me, Mr. Stranger?’ She thought for the last time before sleep took over her completely. Still with those images of him in her mind, she went into slumber.

 

The evening sky that had turned into a deeper shade of orange sheltered her as she strolled down the sea shore. It was quiet and not as crowded as it was if it was summer. Even though the weather had been getting warmer, the weather was still slightly cold since it was just the beginning of the spring season. Hence, not many people went out in that kind of weather.

Her mind drift to the guy she saw a few days back again. She admitted that she really wanted to meet him again for she envied his carefree being. She remembered how he pretended not to see her when she was about to face his direction, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter