11. Scandals

Inchoation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*hwejangnim = CEO, owner

*sajangnim = director

“Ms. Park?” A knock came from her door and stopped her from combing her hair. She was preparing herself to go to work. “Come in.” The maid who knocked earlier opened the door and bowed politely at her. “Park hwejangnim* has requested you to be in his study once you’re done.” “Abeoji is back?” She asked nonchalantly as she continued to put on her earrings. “Yes, Ms. Park. Park hwejangnim had arrived since yesterday night.” “Okay, I’ll be there in a minute. You may be dismissed.” The maid bowed once again before leaving her bedroom.

 

She knocked on her father’s study room’s door. “Abeoji, you called?” “Yes, Dara. Come in,” her father said from behind the door. She entered her father’s study only to be greetd by her restless father who was pacing around the room while pinching the bridge of his nose and his other hand holding a bundle of papers. “Is there any problem, abeoji?” She asked carefully. “Problem? Problem, you asked? Read this! It’s all over the tabloids and everywhere on the internet!” Her father raised his tone as he threw the papers he was holding to her direction. She calmly picked up the thrown papers to see its contents.

 

BIG BANG’S LEADER, G-DRAGON, IS DATING?!

 

Kwon Jiyong, or better known as Big Bang’s leader G-Dragon, was caught with a girl in public on the day before Big Bang’s departure to Japan. The girl was fixing G-Dragon’s scarf in front of “P” Building before they walked together to the nearby coffee shop. They looked comfortable with each other as they were talking. They parted ways after G-Dragon placed a soft peck on the girl’s forehead.

Once a netizen posted the photos on an online community board, the photos spread like a wild fire over the internet. Netizens then started comparing the photos with the older photos of a couple walking down the streets of Hongdae posted a few weeks back. Netizens, who in the first place had suspected that the guy in the older photo was G-Dragon, are more sure now that the guy was indeed G-Dragon with the spreading of the newest photos along with the rumors while the girl’s identity remains unknown.

Regarding this rumor, YG Entertainment hasn’t released any official statement yet while G-Dragon, himself, hasn’t spoken anything and has been busying himself with Big Ban’s promotion in Japan.

Netizens, especially those who are VIPs, are perplexed. They are questioning whether the rumor is true or not since like we all know, YG Entertainment has removed the dating ban for Big Bang’s members. Netizens also have many questions regarding the mystery girl posted on various online community boards, such as; “Who is the girl?” and “She’s not an idol, right?” or some other else are questioning the truth of the rumor like; “Are they really dating?” and “Are these another edited photos?” while some others are demanding a representative from YG Entertainment to clear up the rumors.

Well readers, what do you think of the rumor? Who do you think the girl is? Stay tune with us for more future information regarding the rumor.

 

‘Who took our picture?’ She thought inwardly. Inside, she was anxious but outside, she had put on her usual façade. She was back to the cold and emotionless heiress. “What’s the matter with this article, abeoji?” She asked calmly, controlling her own body gesture well. “You dare to ask? Clearly it’s you in the photos. IT’S YOU!” Her father roared. Any other daughter would’ve been scared as heck but not her. She didn’t even flinch. She just stood there firmly, rooted on the spot, unmoving. Her face was stoic, devoid of any emotion.

“LOOK AT WHAT YOU’VE DONE!” Her father roared again before lowering his tone a little bit, “It’s only a matter of time for people to find out that the girl in the picture is actually you. Where do you want me to put my face? Answer me, Dara!” He said angrily, “You have agreed to marry Dong family’s son and when I asked you, you didn’t object the idea. BUT WHAT IS THIS?” “He’s a friend, abeoji. Youngbae-ssi was the one who introduced him to me,” she said flatly. “Friend? FRIEND? You think I’ll believe that? You think people will believe that? SEE THE PHOTOS DARA! Anyone who’s in his sane mind will never believe that you two are just friends! I don’t care about anything else but I want you to stay away from him. I don’t want to see you near him again and that’s an order, understand?” Her father said as he stopped pacing to meet her eyes, threatening her with his eyes.

She inhaled a deep breath and exhaled silently. “I’m sorry, abeoji. I can’t. He’s a friend, a good friend I might add, and I don’t see any reason to stay away from him,” she spoke calmly, disobeying her father’s order for the very first time. She didn’t know why she decided to do that yet it felt so right. For once, she decided to follow her feelings, not her rationality. Oddly to her, she felt light, like a burden had been lifted up off her shoulders.

“Is there anything else you want to tell me? If there’s nothing else, I’ll take my leave, abeoji,” she bowed at her father before turning to leave. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you, Dara. Stay away from him,” her father’s stern voice stopped her in her tracks. “No, abeoji. I’ll stick to my decision. I won’t,” she said for the last time before opening the door. Closing the door behind her, she slumped into the door until she was squatting down. She hugged her own knees to bury her face within. Her energy seemed to have left her body. For another first time in her life, she wanted to crumble, to cry everything out, and to scream out her frustrations. She was confused and tired. She didn’t know that putting up a though façade was that tiring until then.

She kept squatting down on the same place for a few minutes, trying to regain her energy back. When she had regained her composure back, she stood up and went downstairs, ready to leave for work. She needed distraction. She freaking needed something to distract her weary and confused mind. And work was the only think she could think of.

 

***

 

Jiyong is calling

She spared her beeping phone a glance, looking at her phone briefly before going back to busy herself with her paperwork. She couldn’t talk to him when her mind was still in a chaos from her father threat earlier. She knew what her father was capable to do and she feared for that. She feared that her father would do something to him or anything related to him.

She needed space, some space away from him for awhile even though she missed him badly. Sure enough, she wouldn’t stay away from him or cut her ties with him completely. Yet, she needed time to clear her mind, to sort out her chaotic mind. Moreover, she didn’t want the scandal to worsen and affect his career, thus, she decided to keep a safe distance.

 

To: Dara

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter