06. Friendly Date

Inchoation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*call = a slang term that Koreans usually use as a form of agreement or acceptment of challenge

 

He couldn’t help but smile back at her. ‘She’s a real goddess.’ Her genuine smile was undoubtedly pretty. It was like a magic that attracted him to her, making him couldn’t look away. His gaze was fixed on her. Even without her makeup, her face was still glowing brighter than any star he had ever seen. The bottle in his hand was long forgotten. It might sound cliché but her glowing face was enough to relieve his thirst. He had been looking at her from a distance and without any single doubt, she was even prettier up close.

“Jiyong-ssi? Are you okay?” Her soft voice and her hand that was waving in front of his face snapped him out of his daze. “Is there anything on my face?” She held back her hand and touched her face, feeling if there was something wrong with her face. For a while, she was unsecure of her appearance that she had never felt before.

‘Don’t worry, you’re beautiful,’ he smiled as he took away her hand from her face and held it tight. He didn’t know why but he had this sudden urge to hold her hand. Her hand was soft and it fitted perfectly in his hand. He caressed her hand with his thumb softly, “Your hand is really soft,” he murmured, sending a tinge of pinkish shade on her cheeks and Sandara Park wasn’t a girl who blushed, just no. Yet this guy was different. His presence was enough to calm her and in the same time, making her heart beat in an irregular pace. Unknowingly, he made her realize that there was another side of her which was buried long time ago. Her sweet and soft side, as a normal young lady and not as the Park heiress. Her heartbeat seemed to react in everything he did.

On the other hand, Kwon Jiyong had had a fair share of girls yet she was different, good difference. At the first sight, she had attracted him, deep. They said she was a cold heiress. Even though her face was never revealed to the media yet, people who worked with her or knew her personally, said that she was cold and expressionless. She didn’t talk unless it was necessary. Her aura was intimidating. Over all those sayings, he felt that the girl beside him wasn’t the cold heiress everyone knew. Around him, he knew she was softening up, he felt that she was only the ordinary girl, Sandara Park.

Both of them sat in silence with hands intertwined. None of them wanted to let go. It just felt… so right. Her hand in his, it felt so right. “Jiyong-ssi, people are going to be here soon. Let’s go,” she was the one who first broke the silence after regaining back her voice. She stood up, taking her hand off his hold. The air felt thick, it was an awkward silence.

“Let me take you to your car, Dara-ssi,” he offered as he rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, slightly embarrassed of his bold action earlier. She only nodded as an answer, not trusting her own voice to speak. They walked in silence towards the car park.

“Thank you Jiyong-ssi,” she said as they reached her car. She was about to get in the car when a hand stopped her to do so. She turned around to face him only to find him, once again, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. “Dara-ssi, can I get your number?” He asked hesitantly. Wordlessly, she took out her phone and held it to him. He was all smiles when he took her phone and typed his number. She watched him as he typed his number. She sighed inwardly, confused as on why she let down her own guards on herself to let him know her a little more.

“Dara-ssi, can I ask one more thing?” He said as he returned back her phone. “Go ahead.” “Can we just drop the formalities and be comfortable instead? I mean, I know we’ve just met and so one but-” “Call*,” she cut his blabber off. His smile widened at her reply. He even opened the car’s door for her. “Dara-ya, I can call you that, right?” She nodded at him as he closed the door and opened the window. “Drive safely, okay? Bye, I’ll see you around,” he smiled handsomely as she closed the window and drove off.

He walked back to where he left his car and he too, drove back to the YG Entertainment building. All along the way, his giddy smile never left his face. He could still feel the feeling of her soft hand in his hand. ‘Sandara Park, what have you done to me?’

 

***

 

She raked her hair in frustration. She had been doing the same paperwork all over again for she couldn’t focus her mind. Fortunately, the paperwork wasn’t due anytime near soon so she still had some time. But being the perfectionist she was, she had to finish it as soon as she could.

She leaned her back on the chair as she closed her eyes. She really couldn’t erase his images from her mind. Every time she looked at her hand, the images of them holding hands automatically filled her mind. How her hand could perfectly fit in his, she didn’t know. Their hands intertwined together were like two matching puzzle pieces being putted together. It was like her hand and his hand were created to fit each other’s.

A beep sound w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter