01. The Heiress

Inchoation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The room was in eerie silence for no one dared to speak anything, the only sound that could be heard was only the beeping sound. Tubes and needles were attached to each of their bodies. Blood transfusion. That was what they were doing. On the bed, laid two girls with similar features. They were pretty. No, pretty was an understatement. They were like goddesses. Yet, one of them was lying unconscious. She was so peaceful in her sleep. The girl beside her was watching her in full concern. She restrained herself from sighing for she was afraid that it might affect the blood transfusion going.

Park Sandara or Sandara Park, better known as Dara Park, was always there for her sister every time she needed to go through treatments. Her sister, Park Bom, was sick, very sick and she was always there for her. For Sandara Park was her sister’s keeper.

Dara had known for the fact that she was born only to save her sister’s life. She remembered when she was just a little girl, she used to crave for her parents’ attention that had always been focused to her sister. She used to envy her sister but not anymore. She had grown to be used to the fact that her life purpose was only to save her sister’s life, nothing more nothing less. But one thing that not everyone knew, she loved her sister deeply, for her sister was her only reason to keep going through her life.

Her parents were never there for her and anything she did was never good enough in their eyes, very contrary to the fact that her parents always praised whatever her sister did. Her opinions had never mattered. Everything in her life had been decided, everything had been planned for her and even she, herself, couldn’t change it. To her parents’ eyes, she didn’t have any rights to take a part in deciding for something in her life.

Dara had given up long time ago. She gave up in controlling her own life, she gave up to live for herself. Yet when she was asked if she hated her life, she would answer no, she didn’t hate her life. She just gave up, gave up for her own life. Living through those kinds of circumstances, she had learnt to be selfless. She had decided to go with the flow. She didn’t care about anything else anymore for she only wanted her own sister to be healed.

 

“The blood transfusion is done. We will still have to monitor her condition regularly but for now, she’s good to go. Now, if you excuse me, Mr. Park, Mrs. Park, and Ms. Park, I’ll take my leave,” doctor Seo, Bom’s personal doctor said with a bow before leaving the VVIP ward.

Mr. and Mrs. Park turned to look at their two daughters sleeping soundly. A drop of tears slipped down onto the lady’s cheek making Mr. Park hugged his wife closer. “Be strong Bommie-ah, get well soon,” she whispered to her older daughter. Another drop of tears dropped down onto her cheek.

Dara stirred awake from her sleep due to exhaustion after transferring so much amount of blood. “Dara-ya, thank you again,” her father thanked her with his still flat expression. “Don’t be, abeoji. I’m used to it,” she uttered weakly, still feeling the exhaustion. “Rest more. I know you’re tired,” her father said again.

It had always been like that. At least, her father still showed her some concern even with the flat expression of his while her mother had never really cared to speak to her at these kinds of moments. She had always been too busy attending her unconscious sister. Once again, she had been used to it anyway. She understood them, her parents. It hurt at first but it didn’t hurt anymore.

She closed her eyes once again as sleep took over her not long after.

 

The Park family was the owner of the Park Empire. The Parks had always been known for the excellence in the business world. Their businesses were known all over the world. From fast food chains, hotel and resort chains, until the gold mines spread around the world. The Parks had also been one of the biggest shareholders of various corporations.

Sandara Park was the younger heiress of the Park Empire yet she was the main heiress, taking Bom’s place. She was known as the Park heiress all around but no one had ever known how she looked like. She was known only in name. Not that she complained though. She had always accepted whatever her parents ordered her to. At least, her parents were considerate enough to keep her personal life hidden so that she didn’t have to deal with the crazy paparazzi.

All her life, she had been like a robot, void of any emotions. Her soft spot was reserved only for her one and only sister, Park Bom. Other than that, she was like a robot, saying yes to everything her parents asked her to.

 

“Abeoji,” Dara bowed in respect as her father let her in. “You called?” “Yes, Dara. Take a seat,” Mr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter