I don't want to ever get Amnesia.

Video Games Crack

The Game: Amnesia (you can buy this game at any good game store)

Video: Pewdiepie Plays Amnesia (be wary of listening with headphones, there's lots of screaming and swearing)

 

***

 

 

“Kyungsoo,” Kai whispers, flicking the older teen on the forehead.

Kyungsoo lets out a groan, his eyes crunched up. He growls and slaps Kai’s hand away, rolling over in the bed as he pulls the sheets closer.

“Kyungsoooooo,” Kai repeats, louder.

Kyungsoo huffs and pulls the sheet over his head, nuzzling himself under the pillow. Kai sighs and sits on Kyungsoo’s back, laptop in hand.

“Got another game for you to play,” he says.

But Kyungsoo won’t have any of it. He wiggles about underneath Kai, completely oblivious his actions are getting the younger teen slightly uncomfortable in his nether regions.

“Kyungsoo, get the up!” Chen screams, running crazily into the room. He jumps on the bed and Kyungsoo shrieks, jumping away with wide eyes.

“What the hell, Chen?” he wails, eyes with dark rings around them.

Stupid Kai not switching League of Legends off until 3 in the morning the night before.

He grumbles under his breath, sitting up in bed, shoving Chen off his legs that are now thoroughly crushed.

Chen smirks at Kyungsoo, bringing his legs up so he’s sitting cross-legged on the end of the bed. He taps his finger on the screen of Kai’s laptop laboriously, and Kai is quick to swat it away, grumbling something about ‘disgusting finger smudges’.

“What game?” Kyungsoo groans. His voice is raspy as he wipes away the leftover bits of sleep from his eyes. He feels pretty gross and he’s going to let the pair of mischief makers know.















“Amnesia.”



There’s a dark room on the screen. Kyungsoo squints. No, not a dark room; a dark corridor. The walls have a brown tinge to them, composed of what could be the pixelated version of sandstone rock. Stairs lead upwards, and Kyungsoo spots at the bottom left of the screen a hand and a lamp, illuminating only a little of the corridor.

“What is this?” he asks, interest creeping into his voice. He hates to submit to the pair before him, but there’s little he can do.

“Oh, it’s about a guy in a house. Nothing to worry about,” Chen says with a wink. Kyungsoo narrows his eyes, eyebrows creased in confusion.

“Sure…?”

A few steps down the corridor and Kyungsoo is absolutely certain that Chen is a lying bastard. Weird bodies fly down from the ceilings and a strangely ominous sounds reverberate down the virtual corridors Kyungsoo traverses through.

“What the hell?” he shrieks as yet another body falls from the ceiling.

Kyungsoo tries to steady his heartbeat but this is definitely not good for him at such a time in the morning. Kyungsoo breathes laboriously as he finds himself in a small, boxy room, what could be a coffin is perched up against the wall.

“I can’t play this,” he whines.

“Nah, you’re good!” Chen tells him excitedly, slapping him on the back. Kyungsoo shakes his head sheepishly.

“What do I do?” he whispers.

“Look!” Chen says, pointing to the left.

There’s a small bench, made of wood. There’s a small golden figure sitting on it, something that looks intricate and exciting. Kyungsoo knows it must be something important.

“What is it?” he asks.

“I don’t know. Some deity or like a carnation of Jesus or something. Apparently it keeps you safe or whatever,” Chen responds.

“Wait, you’ve never played this game before?” Kyungsoo asks in annoyance.

“Nah. Never played it myself,” Chen dead-pans.

“It was on sale at the game shop, so I bought it. I’ve watched walkthroughs online before. That’s some funny right there.”

Kyungsoo sighs, running an exasperated hand through his hair. He wants to throw the laptop at Chen’s annoying face, though he knows if he does Kai will make him pay for a new one.

Even though Kai has like a million laptops stacked in his wardrobe that he never uses.

Kyungsoo continues down the corridor, but not before first picking the golden statue off the table. He watches as the character on the screen sways from side to side, opening and closing doors, the golden statue in his hands.

What Kyungsoo doesn’t expect is the heart-wrenching scream that escapes his lips and the way his head bashes against the headboard the second some weird- looking grunt comes hurdling towards him, smashing through the door he’s just about to enter.

“!” he shrieks, eyes widening to the size of saucers.

There’s a weirdly misshapen man; , mostly, aside from what could be a blood-stained cloth that must have been an old shirt; the being is covered in a layer of odd chains. Worn, wild, and messy looking. There are no shoes on the figure’s feet; instead, the skin seems to seep into the floorboards like they’re connected.

The most striking thing about the figure is the mouth, the way the skin seems to droop; teeth broken and bloodied. Kyungsoo imagines some sort of acid or poison has burned away the mouth of the figure, leaving behind very little to distinguish it as human, if it is in fact human. Kyungsoo never wants to see another face like that; it terrifies him and chills him to the core.

Like something out of his worst nightmare.

“I…”

Kyungsoo has no words to describe the hideous monster. He tries to weave his character through the corridors to escape it, but there are more of them, and they chase him until his character is lying on the floor, presumably dead. Kyungsoo heaves out a heavy sigh, breathing erratic, uneven and labored. He didn't realise he was holding his breath all that time.

Chen laughs loudly as he throws the laptop against the bed, running to the bathroom. He sits on the toilet seat and wipes at his eyes, freaking out internally as he tries to steady his breath.

His head is throbbing.

The camera angles were erratic as he tried to move through those corridors, and the feeling of complete dizziness has left him feeling intense waves of nausea. Kyungsoo thinks he's going to get a headache, so he stands, resting one hand on the basin as he rummages around with the other to find an aspirin.

Stupid Chanyeol and Kris putting that on the too-high-for-short-Kyungsoo shelf.

Kyungsoo doesn’t notice Kai follow in behind him until he’s already flushed his face with freezing cold water. He squeaks as Kai’s face comes into view, but he surprisingly welcomes the hands that weave their way around his waist.

“Why do I let you guys do this to me?” Kyungsoo mumbles, eyes red and puffy. Kai shrugs, pulling Kyungsoo tighter as he rests his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“I don’t know. You can tell us to stop whenever, but I suppose the guys want to broaden your gaming horizons,” Kai says, a light chuckle in his voice.

Kyungsoo simply rolls his eyes, punching his idiotic roommate on the arm.

“I really am sorry though,” Kai whispers, nuzzling into Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“If it ever gets too scary, just tell me. I’ll protect you.”

Kyungsoo blushes wildly at Kai’s words, pushing him away in an attempt to hide his blush. Kai pouts, pulling Kyungsoo back into his arms.

“I mean it, Kyung. I’ll protect you no matter what.”

Kyungsoo thinks his heart is beating faster, but it's not a bad feeling like when he's playing those awful video games. It's actually kind of... nice. It makes him feel all fluttery inside and Kyungsoo reckons it must just be the aspirin finally kicking in.

Kyungso sighs, walking across to lie on the couch. He falls asleep with his head rested against the arm of the lounge chair, lips tugging upwards in a small smile.

 

 

 


 

And just like that it becomes fluffy. My brain is really erratic with this thing, so I really do apologise. Also, I couldn't find a free version of the game online, although if you hunt there should be mods you can find here and there... buying the official release PC games is easy enough but only if you can stomach random scary- like that...