Can we not flying skulls please?

Video Games Crack

 

The Game: The Ghoul's Forest 3

 

***

 

 

When Kyungsoo comes back to the dorms three hours later, slightly sweaty from walking for so long and perhaps only a little bit drunk, Luhan sees the perfect opportunity to extact his revenge on the singer.

Revenge, that is, for forcing him to iron Kris’ favourite black shirt for three weeks.

Straight.

Not that he’s counting or anything.

Ironing was supposed to be Kyungsoo’s job, but the chore, at least recently, had often fallen into the hands of Luhan, despite Luhan’s busy schedule in the bedroom with Sehun that he doesn’t really want to admit to anyone but Sehun.

So Luhan jumps at the opportunity. He finds one of Kai’s many laptops, and he sits it on the coffee table as Kyungsoo launches himself head-first into the couch, voice scratchy with repetitive groans.

“Kyungsooooooooo,” Luhan says sweetly, picking the other teen up.

 


Kyungsoo mumbles and rests his head in his hands, word vomit pouring out of his mouth every now and then and Luhan makes out a swear word or two in Korean.


“If you play this game I might be nice enough to go find you an aspirin,” Luhan says with a smirk.

 


Kyungsoo opens his eyes, lips pouting in a scowl. He growls at Luhan before the laptop is dumped unceremoniously into his lap, title screen of the evil video game already up on the screen.

 


“The Ghoul’s Forest 3?” Kyungsoo slurs.

 

 


He’s feeling a little lot under the weather, but at least the game has a dark(ish) opening screen. It looks ridiculously kitsch and vintage with the lettering in black and surrounded by what could be interpreted as either ketchup or blood.

Kyungsoo supposes its blood.

But it doesn’t matter, he tells himself. Nothing matters besides the way he made a colossal idiot of himself in front of basically everyone.

 


Kyungsoo imagines Kai’s already heard about his little outburst. That, or Kai actually heard the outburst he made in the first place and is now suffering from severe second-hand embarrassment. Or perhaps both, even.

 


Kyungsoo needs an escape from reality.

Kyungsoo loads the game, finding himself in an empty field.

 

 


Well, he’s not so sure if it’s empty because he is quick to realise he can’t see a thing. At first he thinks its because he actually had maybe just perhaps a little too much to drink drowning his sorrows, but he soon learns the game is unnecessarily dark.

 

 



There are trees, of course, that he sometimes meets as he stumbles around the ‘forest’ of pixelated nothingness. Kyungsoo notices a life bar at the bottom of the screen, telling him he’s got a bow and arrow stashed somewhere.

 


Kyungsoo wishes he actually bothered to read the instructions, but he kind of does want that aspirin because his head is still throbbing from the loud dubstep that people seem to want to listen to themselves.

 

 




Five seconds later a skull comes screaming and flying at him and he screams and his arms fly about whacking Luhan in the face.









Kyungsoo has a headache.

 

 


Kyungsoo also has Luhan in his lap holding his nose and groaning which, of course, Sehun takes absolutely the wrong way when he walks into the room.

“Oh my ing God Luhan you’re cheating on me!” he screams, and Kyungsoo just about wants to cry.

“Quiet!” he whispers loudly, bashing his head repeatedly on the couch.

“I’m not cheating!” Luhan defends himself, jumping up and chasing Sehun down the hallway.

“Kyungsoo whacked me in the head! Look!”

Luhan points to his forehead grumpily and Sehun kisses it feverishly, and Kyungsoo may or may not feel worse when Sehun starts screaming in his ears about controlling himself and Kyungsoo may or may not feel slightly jealous about the closeness of the pair, thoughts drifting once again to his stupid roommate with that stupid perfect hair and that stupid One Piece poster hanging above his stupid messy bed.



And Kyungsoo screams again when a little sword-weilding skeleton shrieks from the laptop's loudspeaker, running to his room and slamming the door shut as the pair chase after him, all too aware after the door is locked that hell, he really needed that aspirin.

 

***