What the hell is that even why is it on my screen!?

Video Games Crack

The Game: 'Scary Maze Game'

 

***

 

“Hey Kyungsoo, play this game.”

Kyungsoo scowls at the familiar voice, slowly sifting through his cereal. He spoons another mouthful in and growls at Baekhyun, who’s sitting on the other side of the table to him, laptop sitting between them.

“Why?”

Baekhyun tilts his head to the side curiously, and Kyungsoo can’t help but feel curious himself. If it’s coming from Baekhyun, it can’t be too bad, can it?

“Did Kai put you up to this?” Kyungsoo asks.

Baekhyun shakes his head nervously.

“Umm… no?”

Kyungsoo narrows his eyes. Which is weird for him considering they’re usually wide and confused-looking more than half the time. Kyungsoo sticks his spoon back in the cereal and shovels the curly stuff into his mouth crunching away. He swallows, watching Baekhyun.

“What is it?”

He can’t believe the words escape his lips, but its something about Baekhyun’s curious yet attentive stare that sends him into a fit of aggravation. Baekhyun smiles turning the laptop around so its facing Kyungsoo.

“Have fun.”

Kyungsoo reads the instructions to himself as Baekhyun exits the room in a shuffle. He hears clamor and commotion in the corridor, and he imagines EXO-M are getting ready for their recording session.

EXO-K have the day off today, and he intends to spend it either curled up in bed or reading that cooking book Kai had stupidly bought him as an apology gift after he played that ‘Can Your Pet’ game. As if buying a cooking book about different ways to serve up chicken was an entirely fitting book for the emotional trauma Kai’s put him through. Especially when it comes to chickens.

“The Maze,” Kyungsoo reads aloud.

“Test your skills! Try to reach the goal without touching the walls. How steady is your hand? Let’s find out! Try and beat all four levels! Sound effects will… help?”

Kyungsoo shrugs, turning up the volume.

“Alright, seems easy enough. And only four levels.”

He clicks, and he notices a little dot in the middle of a maze. When he moves his mouse, the dot moves too, and Kyungsoo slowly but steadily drags the dot through a maze that looks a little like a snake.

“Hmm… Kai might be being nice for once,” Kyungsoo says as he reaches the second level easily.

“This isn’t too bad.”

There’s a snort from the hallway, and Kyungsoo turns around. Tao comes out and takes a seat next to him, draping an arm over his shoulder.

“So, the Scary Maze game huh?” Tao says.

“I did that a few years ago. Almost shat my pants.”

Eyes widen.

“Excuse me, but what?”

Tao gives Kyungsoo an innocent smile, heading off to the kitchen. Kyungsoo can hear the familiar sound of scraps of cereal hitting a china bowl and he turns back to his game with a shrug. He picks up another spoonful of cereal and chews on it laboriously as he drags the dot through the next maze.

Two down, two to go.

“Alright,” Kyungsoo whispers to himself. Tao takes a seat on the opposite side and watches Kyungsoo with his dark, emotionless eyes as he crunches away at his own cereal. Annoyingly, Tao’s jaw movements are loud, and Kyungsoo hears every single pop. Kyungsoo quickly finishes the third level and tells Tao to shut up.

“You eat so loudly!” he complains.

“So?”

“So, try and be more quiet. It’s like you’re eating with your mouth open.”

“Wow, you are a hardass. Too bad you’ll be pwned by that game soon enough,” Tao snorts.

“Excuse me?”

Kyungsoo doesn’t fully understand the language his bandmates regularly decide to incorporate in simple conversation, nor does he even care. Although sometimes he wishes they would just shut up already.

“So where are you up to?” Tao asks.

“Level four.”

“The last level,” Tao says with a nod.

“I suppose I’ll see you later.”

Kyungsoo watches on in a mixture of confusion and annoyance as Tao leaves his chair untucked, grabbing his bowl and walking into his and Kris’ room with it.

Suho had instructed on the very first day that all food was supposed to be consumed in either the kitchen or the dining room, with the occasional special event in which food could be consumed in the living room (only on birthdays, holidays, or Christmas with Suho’s written consent). Never in the hallway. Never in the bedrooms.



But of course, no one ever listens to him.




Kyungsoo attempts the final maze, seeing that the path narrows right towards the end. It takes a few attempts, but finally he makes it. But once that tiny dot crosses the finish line, Kyungsoo lets out a scream of terror as the screen before him fills with a terrifying looking zombie person and the speakers wail at him loudly.

“!” he screams.

Kyungsoo spits out half the contents of his mouth on the screen, a mixture of milk, saliva, and half-eaten Frosties. He pushes backwards and does a flip off the back of his chair, back flipping over the edge of it. His bum hits the floor with a loud thud and he shrieks in pain, rubbing his .

Kai runs out of the hallway, video camera in hand. Tao stalks out with his bowl, whispering an ‘I told you so’ in Kyungsoo’s ear as he bends over, picking a Frosties fleck off the end of Kyungsoo's nose.

Suho rolls his eyes at the pair as he jumps out of the kitchen, washcloth in hand. Chanyeol snorts and claps his hands together, almost tripping over Kyungsoo as he almost runs into the wall in his condescending fits of laughter. He's got his arm draped over Baekhyun's shoulder, and Baekhyun's laughing stupidly as well.


Kyungsoo hates the world.





If there’s one thing Kyungsoo knows for certain, it’s that Kai is going to die by his hand. And once he’s dead, he’ll be reeling and rolling in the depths of hell for the torment he’s subjected his roommate to. Satan will be happy to burn Kai's , or at least, that's how Kyungsoo imagines.

 

***

 


I apologise. But to be honest, it's not exactly my idea. I have my squishy friend -Jello- to thank for the idea for this one! xD
Here's some reaction shots from randoms I found on the internet...

... have a good one! xD