Bloody unicorns.

Video Games Crack

The Game: 'Clop'

 

 

***

 

“Hey Kyungsoo-”

“No.”

Kai scowls, tapping the screen of one of his Macbook Pros, and Kyungsoo shakes his head at him.

“No.”

Kai taps the screen again and Kyungsoo leaves the room.

“No.”

“But Kyung-poojkewbfjkewbfjkbfgjaebg!!” Kai moans.

“No.”


Kyungsoo hopes that only one word is needed to deter his annoying roommate from making his life a living hell, but apparently this is not enough. Throughout the course of the day, Kai trails him around, Macbook in hand.

He even disperses the remainder of his laptops throughout the group, and other members (mostly Chanyeol and Chen that annoying troll) follow him around to urge him to play whatever sick game Kai’s got in mind.

“LEAVE ME ALONE!” Kyungsoo yells as he swats Chen away once more.

Luhan gives him a sympathetic look, and Kyungsoo realises that perhaps the only way to shut people up is to just give up and submit to Kai’s annoying need for his constant attention.

“, what do you want me to play?” Kyungsoo finally gives in.

“This.”

“What the hell is this? A unicorn?”

“Yep. It’s Lay.”

Kyungsoo lets out a completely unattractive snort as he reads the screen before him aloud, for the rest of EXO to hear.

“Ho there, Clop! I hear tell there’s a on the far side of yon high and pleasant hill,” shouts the boy. Kai giggles at Kyungsoo’s high pitched voice and growls out a response, reading the line before him.

“Confound thee Sherrod, this had best not be one of thine japes. Thou knowest I mislike hills.”

Kyungsoo finds this not only amusing but almost completely stupid. Is this some half-assed attempt of speaking Shakespearean, or is this just Kai being a dickhead as usual?

However the case, Kyungsoo clicks on the screen and sees that to control the stupid white unicorn, he must hit the buttons with the letters K, H and J and L repeatedly for the beast to move forward. Kyungsoo taps away, and finds the thing jumping backwards and into a tree, neighing wildly.

There’s a bar at the bottom with a girl at the end of it, and he watches as each step he makes moves a small horse on the bar forward, or in his case backwards.

“What the hell?” Kyungsoo groans. Kai just laughs.

“Wow, you . I bet you’ll never make it to the lofty .” Kai says pointedly. This receives a giggle from Luhan and a snort from Chanyeol.

“I’ll master this, just you watch!” Kyungsoo announces to the room. The unicorn neighs and does a flip, landing on its back. Kyungsoo finds the unicorn is back at the beginning, and he groans. Kai lets out a low chortle and gives Kyungsoo a pat on the back.

“Good luck with that.”



Kyungsoo skips cooking duties that night, instead sitting at the kitchen bench, laptop before him. He taps those four stupid buttons repeatedly, watching as the unicorn inches further and further up the hill, its hooves ripping the pixelated grass up from around it.

Kyungsoo gets about halfway and the thing starts moving backwards, causing him to scream and whine loudly in protest. Suho just looks at him and shakes his head.



Kyungsoo also skips dinner. He should be getting ready for bed and taking his assigned time in the shower, however there is no stopping him now. Three quarters of the way up that blasted hill, and it’s all he can do to stop tears from falling down his eyes as the beast flips once, twice, three times backwards.

Kai looks up from his book and watches him in amusement from across the room, his head tilted to the side as Kyungsoo makes mistake after mistake.

“There’s got to be a pattern,” Kyungsoo mumbles to himself, opening up Google.

“Ah-uh!” Kai says, flicking him on the nose. Kyungsoo shrieks and slaps his finger away, rubbing his nose comically.

“No cheating, Kyung-poo!” Kai smirks.

“Don’t call me that!” Kyungsoo groans.

“Heh. Practice makes perfect, right? That’s what you always tell me in vocal lessons.” Kai says. Kyungsoo nods, scratching his eyes. He looks at the time and realises just how late it really is.

“I’ve got to finish the game!” Kyungsoo groans.

“You can try it again tomorrow!” Kai tells him.

“LIGHTS OFF KYUNGSOO, KAI. NOW!” Kris barks.

“Alright! Alright!”




The next day, Kyungsoo’s still got his body practically huddled around the screen of the laptop, his eyes wide and suspended open with toothpicks. He stayed up all night, and he knows his voice will be cracked and broken for this morning’s rehearsal, but he doesn’t care.

He was so close!

He tries again, and he’s mere centimetres from the …

“OK, where the is the ?”

He watches as the boy from before that was talking to the unicorn holds his hands up in surprise. Kyungsoo reads the words on the screen as it unfolds, and Kai watches on from behind him in interest.

“No… Clop! Augh!”

He gets attacked by the unicorn, and Kyungsoo finds that stupid unicorn is back at the beginning.

“ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME, KAI? I DID ALL THAT AND THERE’S NO ING ENDING!”





When Kai wants to snuggle up to Kyungsoo that night, Kyungsoo is quick to kick him off the end of the bed, snoring loudly.

 

***

 


I apologise in advance for any emotional pain you will endure in the next few days, attempting to play that game. Good luck, seriously.