Never trust Kris in an intervention.

Video Games Crack

 

The Game: Imscared (Download at own risk!)

Watch here!

***

 

 



Kyungsoo’s not particularly fond of group meetings but there’s not exactly much you can do when Kris is pounding on the bathroom door threatening for Tao to kick it down and the damage costs coming out of Kyungsoo’s pocket.

So Kyungsoo unlocks the door and marches into the living room, completely and utterly surprised when he is forced to sit in front of yet another MacBook screen.

He’s sick of MacBooks.


“Play this game,” Kris says, pointing to the screen.

Kyungsoo gulps and nods, staring awkwardly at the screen as all eyes fall upon him, including Kai’s. He doesn’t question Kris, for Kris’ eyebrows are far too intimidating.

There are many questions he wants to ask, and a lot of horrible things he wants to say to Kai, but his lips don’t seem to function.

The screen says ‘forgive me’ in block letters, Times New Roman, or so Kyungsoo thinks. It slowly fades, and he finds himself sitting in a room composed of white walls that seems to stretch on forever. It reminds him of that Minecraft game that Kai always used to play, not that Kyungsoo ever noticed that before.

Kyungsoo explores. It’s like a bedroom, with a pixelated bed and wardrobe. The wardrobe is locked. The door that seems to lead out as well, and when Kyungsoo clicks it, it says ‘I need a Heart in order to open it’.

 

A heart!?

 



Kyungsoo backtracks and finds a key. He tries to open the wardrobe again and he marvels as the door swings open.

But there is nothing inside.


Is that… blood?



Kyungsoo furrows his brow, sinking deeper into the game. He ignores the gaze of the other members, focusing solely on the game in front of him, letting his tongue stick out between his lips in concentration.

Kyungsoo does a circuit of the room once more, eyes widening as he finds a little hole in the side of a wall with a ladder running down it. Kyungsoo walks towards it and presses his back into the couch as the sound of footsteps fills the room, everyone too focused on Kyungsoo’s face to utter a single word.

There’s a new corridor. It’s long, and narrow, and very, very grey. A door to the side, locked. Further down the corridor, another door, also locked. Kyungsoo cringes as he hears the familiar sounds of locks clicking and he digs himself further into the couch.


“What is this?” he whispers.

“Why are you making me play this game?”

Kyungsoo knows something bad is going to happen. He finally finds a door that opens, and he immediately makes his way across to the only place a key could possibly be found.

Behind the wardrobe.

Kyungsoo shakes his head, picking up the key and walking down the corridor with it until he finds a door that will finally open.

The floor is bleached red. Bookshelves line the wall, and the quietness couldn’t actually be less terrifying. It’s too quiet, with only the sound of thuds as Kyungsoo’s character walks through the game.

Kyungsoo finally finds a ‘pulsating heart’, screaming as the sound of static fills his ears and jumping back in alarm as a skull flies to his face and the game crashes.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widen.

The folder where Kyungsoo assumes Kris got the game from has new files, a text post reading ‘Attention’ and a new folder saying ‘Hello’. Thoroughly creeped out, Kyungsoo clicks on the text post.



There is a way to turn an entity into data.


They have a life of their own, and it is difficult to distinguish them from normal computer files.


In our actions of everyday, while we sit at the computer, this byte entity observes us, and studies our every move and fear.


The game is simple: following the arrows is the key, if you get caught you lose.


A sound will predict its arrival.


It is white face.



“Please…” Kyungsoo says softly, choking on his saliva nervously.

“What is this game?”

 

 


“Stop! That’s enough!” Kai screeches, breaking the silence.

“Don’t make him play this game, it’s horrible! Can’t you see you’re scaring him?”




Kyungsoo looks at Kai with scared eyes, a look of confusion crossing them.

What even?


“Kyungsoo, come with me.”
 

 

 

 

 


Kyungsoo won’t ever admit it out loud, but his heart lets out a little flutter when Kai takes his hand and presses their foreheads together.


And he certainly won’t admit he likes the cuddles he receives.