Dangerous Adventure pt. 2

When you say 'I love you'

Eunhae had woken up as the sun hit the tent's open mesh. She sat up and rubbed her eyes as they adjusted to the brightness. She heard the chatter of her mother and her friend outside of the tent and looked around to see Jia knocked out in her sleeping bag. She smirked as she dressed quickly, going outside to greet the warm weather. "You're up?!" her mother laughed sarcastically. Eunhae shot a glare at her before sinking into a lawn chair. She watched as the flying insects flew around, carrying on the morning while waiting for her mother to cook some breakfast. "What are you making?" she asked her, putting her earphones in. "Eggs and sausage!" her mother replied before Eunhae tuned the world out. While listening to some happy songs, she watched her mother happily make food. It was nice out and the day was just starting.

Once her mother called for breakfast, Eunhae welcomed back the world as she sat in front of a large plate of sausage and eggs. "Wake up your sister, will you?" her mother asked her, returning to the mobile stove. "JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAA!!" Eunhae shouted towards the tent. She heard a few groans and the shuffling of the tent before her sister's head popped out. She looked sleepy as hell and the pout on her face gave her the impression that her sister would be grumpy once she stepped out. "Breakfast! Hurry or I'll eat it all," she continued, grabbing a fork. Jia's head went back into the tent and a few minutes later, she was out again. Sitting across from Eunhae, she took a fork and began to gobble down her breakfast. "We're going down to the beach to fish later," their mother announced when she sat next to them. Eunhae silently groaned and watched her sister do the same. "We'll go in the afternoon," their mother continued. "Be ready."

Eunhae had returned to the tent after breakfast and laid on top of her sleeping bag. She sighed as she let the hot air surround her. Rolling over onto her stomach, she took out her phone which was 1/2 of its battery supply. She weeped to herself out of frustration of no outlets and checked her messages. None. Deciding to be bold, she opened a new message and typed up a message to Jaesoo. "Morning! I've survived the night! I hope you're having a good day so far~" with the click of the send button, she rested again and let her sister join her. "I want to go home," Jia groaned into her pillow. "Me too," she replied back with another long sigh. The two sisters stayed inside and messed around while being protected by the outside. They watched as flies, bees, and other insects flew by the tent's netting. Occassionally, Eunhae would scream in fright. She remembered the day she encountered a spider with Jaesoo and he laughed at her for being such a wimp. "Yah!" Eunhae whined while pouting, "It could've eaten me!! .. or something." "Oh, of course! The spider's going to eat you! Poor baby," he laughed. She smiled while thinking of the moment before her mother called for them.

The girls filed out of their tent and entered the car. "Will the animals take our food?" Jia asked, worry on her face. "Ani, we've locked them up in the cupboards. Kaja, we're going!" their mother replied as she drove off. Eunhae had luckily brought her phone speaker along and plugged it in. On their trip there, the two sisters jammed out to their favorite (k-pop) songs. "A twinkle~ a twinkle~" they sang in unison with the same gestures they had made up for the song. "I GOT THE POWER!!!" Jia shouted as B.A.P played as well. The two laughed together and finally met the bumpy gravel road which led them to the beach. Laughing and cheering while the car jerked and haulted, they finally made their way towards the man-made beach. "Wah~" Jia said in amazement, stepping out of the car. Eunhae stayed behind for a while, noticing the strong winds that were blowing her sister's hair crazily. "Come out!" her mother finally called out from outside. Stepping out cautiously, Eunhae made her way towards the water. Being splashed by her family, she laughed and screamed; taking pictures of the beautiful scenery and to capture the memories of a good day.

As the day went on, the girls walked back to the car and drove back to camp. "I thought we were fishing," Jia said puzzled, noticing there was no sign of fishing poles with them. "We'll go in the evening. The fish are hiding now," their mother said, pulling up to the site. The two groaned as the day slowly went on. Sitting in their lawn chairs, they sunk with the pressuring heat and played a game of Apples to Apples around a table. "It's so hot..." Eunhae whined the obvious. "I want to go in the car and turn the AC on," Jia cried. The two sisters whined for an hour or two, driving the adults insane. "Yah, enjoy it! You're always at home, going on tumblr and what not!" their mother scolded. Suddenly, a text had been received and Eunhae jumped with excitement. Finally there would be communication with the city folk! She opened her phone to see a text from Jaesoo. Ecstatic, she opened it to read: "Yay! You're alive! I just woke up actually lol. I hope you're having fun!" She smiled wide as her sister watched her excitement. "Who was that? Seungho?" she asked. Afraid to answer, Eunhae ignored her and wrote back. "I am! Kamsahamnida. ^^ Good morning!! I wish you were here with us!" A few minutes later, she received a reply. Being curious, Jia stared at her sister closely. "Morning! ^^ I wish I was there to protect you. Be careful, ne?" Jaesoo replied.

The day dragged on and the sun continued to beat down on them. Sooner or later, their mother came back with a huge bucket of water. "What's that for?" Eunhae asked, still sunk into her seat. Her mother didn't answer. Instead, she went to the back of her car, opened the trunk, and pulled out water guns. Filling one up, she shot her daughter and laughed. "YAHH!!" Eunhae screamed with surprise. She jumped out and grabbed a water gun, shooting her mother back. Jia jumped in after and they all had a huge water fight. Running around and shouting, their camp neighbors looked over to see the commotion. "YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!" Eunhae shouted once she was hit by Jia who was laughing hysterically. By the end of the water war and the millions of water refills, they all were soaked into their clothes. Laughing as the evening fell, they sunk back into their chairs and ate their dinners happily. "That was so fun," Jia smiled, satisfied with soaking her mother and sister. "Yah, I feel like I peed my pants," Eunhae joked, sitting down carefully. The smell of barbecue filled the air and the two hungry sisters watched the adults grill chicken and corn above a fire. The camping trip didn't seem so bad after all.

As the sky turned a dark shade of blue, they all headed out to the beach again. This time, taking a route they hadn't tried before. As they walked towards a path, wind had hit them hard. "Oh my god, I can't see!" Jia shouted as her hair danced with the strong force of the wind. They had made it onto the edge of a high hill and looked out to see their destination ahead of them. "We're going down there?!" Eunhae cried, looking down at the rocky path filled with sharp rocks. "Ne, it'll be fine! Help us carry these," their mother told them, handing both of them a lawn chair. Eunhae decided to go first in order to be able to see ahead of her. As she stepped down, she began to get nervous. The rocks had wobbled under her and suddenly the hill seemed even steeper. She looked behind her to see Jia trailing behind, a lawn chair over her shoulder. They continued to make their way when Jia's foot suddenly slipped and the lawn chair shoved forward, hitting Eunhae's back. She screamed as her upper body bent forward and her eyes grew wide. "I almost fell!" she yelled over her shoulder. Jia laughed and apologized as if it were something to take lightly. Scared and panicked, Eunhae looked back at her mother who had shaken her head. "Come on, we'll go tomorrow and drive down instead," she said, making her way back up the rocks. With relief, they all returned up the hill with exhaust.

"Tomorrow, we'll be going back home." their mother reminded them while they sat around the bonfire. Smiling with appeasement, Eunhae sat back and roasted another marshmallow. "Yes! Home sweet home," Jia sang without shame. She was on her fourth smore now and was about to reach for another marshmallow. While the stars came out, they all looked up at the beautiful sight. Eunhae enlightened them with a story about the constellations she had remembered from her trip to science camp a few years back. The circle had listened while the fire burned out and were left in the dark. There was a silence while they all stargazed. It was truly a sight they wouldn't be able to see at home. Especially with the city lights. When returning to the tent, Eunhae met a sudden pang of sadness. She found herself missing Jaesoo and wanting to tell him about the stars. Once she went to check her phone, the service had been cancelled out and she was again cut off from the outside world where her friends waited for her. Falling fast asleep, she dreamt of being with him again.