Dangerous Adventure pt. 1

When you say 'I love you'

A long and personal conversation had ran through the phone line for hours before Eunhae hung up. She breathed a shaky sigh and got up to get ready for bed. While preparing herself for a possible restless night, she repeated Sooyoung's words in her head multiple times. Maybe she'd take her advice and take time away for a while. She was doing well in school so far and a day of her absence wouldn't hurt really. She got herself back into bed and closed the light off, resting her head on her pillow which seemed too uncomfortable at the moment. Anything really had started to irritate her and she fell short on sleep for the rest of the night.

The next morning, Eunhae had gotten up by the sound of her umma. "Eunhae-ah! Come down here!" she heard from downstairs. A little scared at her mother's tone of voice, she stalled for a while before walking down the stairs. She met her mother and sister in the kitchen and her mother's friend whom she hated deeply. "Eunhae-ah, do you want to go camping with us this weekend?" her mother asked. She had to decide whether or not she'd want to hang out with her family, plus one enemy, or to be home alone with nothing to eat or do. "Come with me!" Jia begged, tugging on her sister's arm. "You should come with us. We're going fishing!" her umma had pushed. Eunhae groaned at the thought of it then decided to do it. "Arasseo, I'll go." she said. Jia beamed at her and started to jump. "We're going to live with the wolves!!" she sang. "Yah, you mean EATEN by wolves!" Eunhae laughed, grabbing a bowl for her cereal. "Don't be such a downer, Eunhae. Aish," her mother chuckled. "We're leaving tonight! I hope you're ready by then," her mother's friend had told the girls. With two nods, they disappeared from the kitchen and into their bedrooms. 

Once the afternoon had started, Eunhae was all packed and ready to go. She peeked into her sister's room and found her lying on her bed with a laptop by her head. "Yah, what are you doing?" Eunhae surprised her, plopping down next to her. "I'm on the computer! What else?" she retorted, looking back at her computer screen. She was on MSN of course and chatting with her friends before she had to say goodbye. "Did you pack?" Eunhae asked, slapping her sister's behind. "Ne, I did. Now get out of my room!" Jia whined. "GIRLS! WE'RE LEAVING!" they both had suddenly heard from their mother downstairs. "Coming!" Eunhae shouted back, rushing back to her room to grab her bags. "JIA! ARE YOU READY?" their mother had said when hearing nothing but silence from her daughter's room. "Ne, umma!" Jia shouted back. "She's lying!" Eunhae said in response, making her way towards the door. "We're not waiting for you!" their mother had said before closing the door behind them.

A shot of realization ran through Jia's mind now as she scrambled to her feet. Searching for her misplaced bag, she panicked as she heard the car's engine from the window. "Jia!" her mother said once again, while she was locking up the downstairs. "I'm coming, umma!" Jia said frustrated, finally finding her bag and bringing it over her shoulder. She rushed downstairs and grabbed a quick snack before making her way into the packed car. "Well, look who's organized~" Eunhae smirked. "Shut up!" Jia pouted, stuffing her face with her cookie snack. "Girls, no fighting on the trip!" their mother scolded as she got into the car. "Seat belts?" "CHECK!" they both shouted and off they went.

 

Once they arrived to their destination, it was almost dark out and the air was sticky. "Come on now, get out of the car." their mother told the girls who were busily texting away. Eunhae had been texting Jaesoo on the car ride over, informing him of her absence. It turned out that Jaesoo had come back from his trip early and was now stuck at school without her. "Don't worry about it. I've got Simon hyung with me." he had texted her back. She pondered for a moment, then remembered the guy she had bumped into during the mixer event. "Ah! I hope you have fun at school. Don't get killed!" she smirked as she sent the text. Their mother finally bugged the two enough to get the out of the car. "Eunhae, watch~" Jia said as she did a silly dance. Laughing at her sister's foolishness, she repeated the same thing and started to sing. "Oh, ma boy~" they both sang together while doing random body rolls in the middle of the camp site. "Yah! What are you two doing? Help pitch the tent!" their mother scolded them while struggling with her friend to take out the tent supplies. For a while, they all scrambled with the tent gear until the tent was finally up. The girls started to unpack their things and chose which spot to sleep in. Unrolling their sleeping bags, Eunhae receieved another text. "We're already missing you! ; A ;" sent from Sooyoung. Smiling, she replied quickly and continued to get settled in. She pulled over her hoodie then went back out of the tent to see her mother starting up a fire.

The girls had sat in lawn chairs watching the blank canvas that was the wilderness and waited for the two adults to finish cooking their dinner. While the sun sunk down, the crickets began to sing while the birds got ready for their sleep. Other campers along the path had begun cooking up foods too and absent laughter had stirred up again throughout the night. When the sky was blanketed with a smooth black, the stars began to peek out and the fire had glown in their glossy eyes. Eunhae had been listening to her ipod while falling asleep in her chair. She was constantly checking up on her phone for new received texts although the connection was barely alive where they were located. "I have no signal!" Jia whined when she received an error message. "Yah, just enjoy the outdoors!" their mother said, handing them a cup of hot cocoa. "This is so boring," Eunhae muttered under her breath before sipping her drink. It was true. The place was too quiet to bare now and only the cackles of the fire met their sense of hearing. "I want to go home," Jia groaned while repeatedly hitting her send button. "Yah, stop complaining. If you need to use the restrooms, come with me." their mother got up and waited for the two to join her. The camp site wasn't all that bad. They had a public bathroom for the campers at the park. They made their way along the path and when reaching their destination, brushed their teeth and got ready for bed.

On their way out, the place was pitch black besides the lights from the batrhoom. A bit scared, Eunhae stood close to the others while walking back to their site. A sudden noise had approached them and Eunhae jumped. "Did you hear that?" she whispered loudly. "Ani, what did you hear?" Jia whispered back. Shining her flashlight around, Eunhae brought the spot light to her left where a dumpster stood a few feet away from them. Scratching noises and loud bangs came from it and as soon as her light hit the dirty container, a gang of raccoons had scurried and scrambled off. One of them running so close to her that she nearly screamed. "Did you see that?!" Eunhae shouted. The only response she got was a laugh from her mother. "It wasn't funny! They're HUGE!" Jia shot back. They clung close together until they reached the tent. "No staying up late!" their mother told them as they approached the tent. "We'll see!" Jia chirped.

Throughout the night, Jia and Eunhae were up listening to the eerie noises of the wild. "Do you hear that?" Eunhae kept asking her sister, somewhat bugging her. She listened closely to hear the noise of bats fighting and an annoying owl which "hoo"ed every 30 seconds. "It's an owl!" Jia whispered loudly, checking her phone. She was texting Hyuna now that she found a signal bar. "It's bats too!" Eunhae said in defense. Frightened, Eunhae checked her phone under her sleeping bag. The glow had blinded her for a moment then she read her messages. "Eunhae, it's Simon. Are you okay?" Then, a text from Jaesoo. "How's camping going? ^^" "EUNHAE!! COME BACK ALREADY!" from Sooyoung. She chuckled at her restless friends and answered them right away, but most of all, she spent her time thinking of good enough responses to Jaesoo. "It's going okay. It's cold and their bats!" she decided to send. A few moments later, he replied. "Aish! Be careful and bundle up. I have to admit that I miss you. When you get back, let's celebrate your survival. yeah?" She smiled at the thought of him being all by himself and pouting because he missed her. Although it may not have been true, she continued to think it. "Of course! I miss you too. ^^ Hopefully I'll survive it.. I'm getting a little tired now. Goodnight, Jaesoo." she replied. Once the two heard the howls of coyotes, they immediately slid under their covers and wished for them to go away. In fear, they waited until they fell asleep.