Ocean Hugs

When you say 'I love you'

The weekend had finally come. After the two days of coming back to school, everyone thought it was much needed for a vacation already. Although, there'd be a class camping trip not too far away on the schedule. Eunhae had woken up late when she heard Sooyoung and Hyuna cheering downstairs. Getting up lazily, she leaned over the railing to see what was going on. The three stooges were on the couch, watching a stupid television show. "Yah! Keep it down!" Eunhae complained. Looking up to greet her, Sooyoung waved and smiled. "Come on, grouchy ! The party's in an hour!" she reminded. It took a while for that to register because minutes later, her eyes grew wide. She had totally forgot about the mixer!

Scrambling into her bedroom, she searched for an appropriate outfit for the event. "Aish! Is everything in the wash!?" she whined, piling clothes onto her bed. She picked out an outfit and rushed into the bathroom to get ready. "Hurry up!" Jia shouted as 30 minutes pass. The three always had to be earlier than the selected time. "Aish! Wait a minute!" Eunhae replied, brushing her hair. She ran down the stairs and greeted the others. "Aigoo, granny. It'll take a while to get there! The line will be massive!" Hyuna complained. Eunhae shut her up by popping a candy in . "Hey! Where's mine?" Sooyoung asked defensively. Taking care of her Soobutt, they were out of the house and on their way to the party. "I can't wait! All the new students will be there which means there'll be more people to bully!" Jia said excitedly. "More people with food~" Sooyoung cheered with her. They made it towards the crowd of people and waited in line to get inside. New students gathered as well and a taller boy had arrived behind them. Clumsily bumping into him, Eunhae turned around. "Omona! Mianheyo!" she bowed, panicking. The boy chuckled and shook his head. "Aniyo, it's alright!" he reassured her. "Did I hurt you?" she asked, hoping he'd say no. Relieved as he shook his head, Sooyoung turned around and squealed. "Ah! Simon~ it's been a long time!" she said, waving. His eyes widened behind his thick-rimmed glasses and he nodded. "Sooyoung, it's been a while!" he agreed. "This is Simon-ah~ I've heard about him before he enrolled here. Aigoo, I'm such a fan~" she explained to the others. They all stared at him in awe.

The line started to move and they gained entry into the place. The room was packed with people and booming sound systems. Eunhae searched the crowd, secretly hoping to catch a glimpse of Jaesoo but he was no where in sight. The girls followed each other in a line and made it onto the dance floor. For a while, they danced together then randomly separated by new people and new friends. Being a bit tired, Eunhae made a bee-line out of the crowd and into a chair nearby. She sighed and looked around. Earlier that evening, she had seen Seungho but he wasn't up for dancing. Wondering where he was, she had received a text from an unknown number. "Is this Eunhae?" it read. Replying back, she received another one almost instantly. "This is Jaesoo. I'm about to leave soon. Do you want to meet somewhere?" he asked. She flipped open her keyboard and replied back with agreement. Another minute passes and she receives his reply. "Outside the registry office. See you soon. :)"

She checked herself with her pocket mirror, grabbed her handbag, and made it outside. As she rushed for the dorms, she quickly changed into a more casual attire - jean shorts and a t-shirt, before making her way towards the registry office. Seeing Jaesoo standing there, his hands in his pockets, she decided to sneak up on him. Quietly, she tip-toed behind him and covered his eyes. Startled, he almost stepped back. "Guess who?" she said, lowering her voice. "Hm.. ahjussi?" he answered with a chuckle. Laughing, she shook her head as he turned around. They met eyes and suddenly everything had froze. She never really noticed how gorgeous his smile was until this very moment. Her whole body locked and the laughter died down. They stared at each other for a moment before Jaesoo cleared his throat. "Anyway, umm.. I was thinking we'd go for a walk?" he suggested with a slight shrug of his shoulders. Smiling, she nodded. "Sure, that'll be good!"

The two friends had started to walk around campus. They had moved on from the topic of life to other things now and learned more about each other. They were so into the conversation, that they hadn't noticed their direction. There was a sudden blast of wind which hit both of them harshly. The talking had stopped as they both looked over at the sea-blue ocean, greeting them from the left. "Omona, we're at the beach?" Eunhae laughed, surprised. "I guess we are," Jaesoo laughed. He helped her while they climbed over big rocks and down to the sand. Kicking their shoes off, they sat on a dry area and looked out at the ocean. For a while, they joked around and made each other laugh with stupid stories and jokes they've heard from the past. A quiet wave had run by when Jaesoo gotten up. "Hey, let's go into the water!" he suggested suddenly. "Whaa?! You must be crazy!" she gasped. Chuckling, he shook his head. "I'll go in with you!" he said, pulling her up. "The water's probably freezing!" she exclaimed, astonished. "It's not! I promise!" he smiled, jogging towards the water. She shook her head and ran back a few feet. "Aish, you scaredy cat!" he laughed, jumping into a wave. She watched as he disappeared into the bubbly foam, slightly worried until his head popped back up. "See? Not cold at all!" he grinned, lying a bit. She shook her head, "aniyo!" He frowned in reply, swimming back to shore - his clothes soaking wet. "Aww, come on!" he encouraged. "Aish, look at you now! I'm not going in," she laughed. He opened his arms wide and started to walk towards her. "Give me a hug then," he grinned. "Whaa?!" she laughed, backing away. "Come on, chingu! Hug me!" he laughed. "ANI!" she screamed as he scooped her up.