Welcome Back, Hunger!

When you say 'I love you'

It had been a while since Eunhae was in school. It was the ending of Summer and of course feelings were bittersweet. Eunhae couldn't wait to spend class days with her friends, yet she hated the fact of going back to school. She didn't understand the true purpose of having to know Calculus or other hard subjects. Instead, she let her mind wander on the infinite possibilities of the brand new school year. She walked onto the campus and looked around in awe. Just how she left it, the big white buildings and the freshly cut grass laid out before her. Students were already gathering inside, groaning and about having to go back to school. There were familiar faces and unfamiliar faces, but the most familiar face of all was Choi Sooyoung.

She had run up to Eunhae and attacked her from behind. "EUUUUUUUUNHAE SAENG!" she sang, hugging the surprised Eunhae. "OMO!" Eunhae shrieked, grabbing Sooyoung's arms and turning her around so that she could actually see her. "Yah! You're going to give me a heart attack one of these days!" she said with a giggle. Sooyoung laughed and hugged her friend again, "you love me anyway, do you not?" Eunhae couldn't hide her smile any longer and hugged her friend tight. "Aish.. I do, I do, Choi Soo~" she chimed. The two finished catching up while walking through and around campus. Class wouldn't begin for another hour but it was recommended to be there beforehand to scope out their new classes. While the two fooled around, they peered into their new vocals class. "BOO!" shouted Hyuna and Jia in unison. Sooyoung and Eunhae turned around in surprise, not really shocked to see the two together.

"UNNNIIIIIIIIIII!!" Jia cried, hugging Sooyoung while jumping around. "GRANNNNNY!!" Hyuna called out to Eunhae with open arms. They all hugged each other and caught up again. It really hasn't been long since they've last seen each other considering the fact that they hung out all Summer, but school was a different environment - one where they can't bully one another publicly. "You guys, I'm really hungry.." Jia complained while they made their way to dance class. "What about me?!" Sooyoung blurted out, "I'm Choi Sooyoung! Shikshin! Give ME food too!" Eunhae and Hyuna rolled their eyes. This was something they both dealt with during the summer; more Eunhae than Hyuna. She was the more motherly figure amongst the four.. most of the time.

The bell had rung and they finally came to a stop. Standing in front of the welcoming sign, the four groaned and waved before separating. "I'll see you at lunch!" Eunhae shouted to Sooyoung. "Don't think I'm sharing!" she replied back with a big grin. "But you're sharing with me, right?!" Jia shouted, making her way down a path. "No way!" Sooyoung shot back. "SOMEONE'S GOING TO BUY ME ICE CREAM. OKAY? OKAY!" Hyuna finally said, rushing off into the distance. Class was starting and nobody on campus wanted to be back. Eunhae gathered her things and placed them on her desk, waiting to be lectured by her boring teacher. "Okay class, let's begin."

Hours later, the bell had rung for lunch. Eunhae, Sooyoung, Hyuna, and Jia met up in the quad where they sat under a cherry blossom tree. "Aish! That was the longest class ever!" Sooyoung complained, referring to their last period. "I know.. I want to cry," Hyuna sobbed. Jia hugged her tightly and gave her a piece of her sandwich (a really little piece). "Do I really have to buy you lunch?" Eunhae questioned, looking through her wallet. "Wae? Did you spend it all already?" Sooyoung asked, looking at the other. Shameless, Eunhae nodded. "I had to buy new clothes.." she shrugged, "but because I love you... I'll get you something small." Sooyoung rejoiced and Jia shot up. "Hey! What about me?" "And me!" Hyuna followed. Eunhae rolled her eyes, "You're going to make me broke!" "Because.. you love us~!" the three cried in unison, batting their long eyelashes. Eunhae muttered under her breath and led them to the cafeteria.