I Like You

When you say 'I love you'

A few weeks had past and the pair was inseparable. The only words coming out of Eunhae's mouth nowadays was Jaesoo and everyone not involved didn't seem to care as much as she did. She lit up every time he was around, every time they spoke to one another, and every time anyone would ask about the two. It was as if a new energy had raised her high above the clouds and had her forget about everyone else. Sooyoung, Jia, and Hyuna sat along side the cafeteria, one sunny afternoon and discussed the matter. "So, how's Eunhae?" Hyuna asked, forking pieces of salad on her plate. Jia sighed and shook her head, "what about her? She wont stop talking about the new kid." Jia rolled her eyes and took a bite out of her sandwich before turning to Sooyoung. "Soo, you alright?" she asked after swallowing. "Oh?" Sooyoung suddenly noticed herself being engaged into the conversation and nodded slightly before her eyes averted to the other table where Eunhae and Jaesoo sat. "Aish," Jia grumbled once she noticed them, "they make me want to vomit." "I think it's cute," Hyuna smiled brightly. "I don't know..." Sooyoung started to speak, ".... there's something strange about him. I don't like it."

Eunhae and Jaesoo sat together at their own table and talked about the class trip they'd both be attending soon. "What if you come and sneak into our cabin?" Jaesoo smirked, his eyes sparkling at the girl. "Mmm.... that's against the rules! There wont be any co-ed cabins. Yah, Jaesoo.. you should know better!" she replied, flicking his temple with her index finger. They both laughed and barely dared to touch their lunches. Instead, they were too busy staring into each other's gazes; looking for the mysteries they both held. "Eunhae-yah..." he suddenly said, his tone of voice not as cheery as before. Eunhae's eyes looked over at him with concern as her hand placed upon his. "Yah, Jaesoo. What's wrong?" she asked. The sudden feeling of stares and whispers felt up their backs and their eyes moved to the other table, finding Sooyoung and Hyuna staring back. "Let's.. just meet up later, okay?" he said then, his stare not loosening away from the other two. "Alright then.." Eunhae grinned sheepishly before letting go of him. "See you later?" "Ne, see you." Jaesoo smiled before getting up and disappearing through the crowd.

Once the bell rang, Eunhae met back up with the group of girls. "There you are, Eunhae-yah~" Sooyoung nudged her, "too busy with Jaesoo, hm?" Hyuna's head soon popped up from behind them and squeezed between the two. "Yeah~ what's up with you two, huh?" she grinned widely. "Yah! Yah! Nothing..." Eunhae mumbled. "We're just friends." "Pfffft, yeah... just friends," Hyuna remarked. "Eunhae-yah, you know that you've got to be careful. Arasseo? What about Seungho?" she suddenly asked, shocking all four of them. "Seungho hasn't been around anyway," Jia joined in hesitantly. "I haven't seen him... besides, Jaesoo and I are only friends. I mean, there's nothing really between us anyway. Don't worry, ne?" Eunhae replied before bolting towards her next classroom. "What the heck's with her?" Hyuna scowled. "Mollayo," Jia shrugged, eyeing the two left. "Just leave that grumpy pants alone and she'll snap out of it soon enough."

 

~~~~

After school, Eunhae had hurried towards her locker to grab her things before secretly meeting Jaesoo in the dance room where they sat on the freshly polished floor and stared back at each other through the mirrors. "So.... what happened earlier? You okay?" Eunhae asked, breaking the silence. Jaesoo smiled slightly and stretched his arms behind him. "Yeah, I'm alright. I'm just wondering if you're okay...?" he replied. "Bwoh? Why wouldn't I be okay?" she responded, concerned that she may have done something wrong. "Ani, ani.. it's not like that!" Jaesoo said quickly, "It's just... I ran into Seungho hyung the other day.." His voice had become a whisper after mentioning Seungho and his head hung low without any eye contact towards her. "Oh..." Eunhae breathed out. Firstly, she was shocked that this subject hadn't been brought up until today. She also seemed to get headaches when thinking about it. She pressed her palm to her forehead and breathed out shakily before opening . "Jaesoo-ah.... I don't... I don't know what to do," she admitted. "I mean.... ever since you told me that you liked me, I've realized that these are the same feelings I have for you too.."

The room was silent besides the smile that crept along Jaesoo's relieved face. "Ah.." he hummed in thought. "Eunhae-yah, ever since I've confessed.. I've been thinking about it too. I'm sorry that I like you even when you're with my hyung... but I can't help it." Jaesoo bit his lip with fright that this would be the last time they'd be together in an empty room. "I like you, Eunhae. I really do." Eunhae stared back at her reflection, letting those last words bounce back from ear to ear. It's all she's been wanting to hear for the past few months! And now that it's come, why did she feel like throwing up? She held her breath and closed her eyes then, leaning against the wall and breathed out. "Eunhae-yah..." Jaesoo continued in a whisper. "I'll leave if you want me to leave." Her eyes shot wide open then and she crawled over to his side of the room, resting her head on his shoulder. "Aniyo.. I just need time. That's all." Jaesoo nodded slowly and her hair, giving her the security he knew she needed at the time.

By the end of the day, the two stayed inside the room past dinner; listening to each other breathe and comforting one another's thoughts with the simple smile that lit up each other's worlds. "I think I'll talk to Seungho tomorrow.." Eunhae finally said. Jaesoo sat straight up and stared back at her. "Are you- Are you sure, Eunhae-yah? You can have more moments to think about it." "Ani... if I have more time, I'll definitely not make up my mind." she sighed. "Arasseo," Jaesoo smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow, ne?" she grinned, getting up from her spot. "Ne," he replied. "Annyeong, Jaesoo." she said softly before closing the door behind her. "Annyeong..." he whispered back.