Anguish

Unfoolish

 

“Sleepyhead…” Tiffany nudged the guy beside him who was lying to his stomach. His eyes were shut tight and he was clutching onto a pillow like it was dear life. Siwon was in deep slumber and did not give a thing about his wife’s shoving.

“Yah Sleepyhead! Get up will ‘ya?” Tiffany tried punching his arms but it was nothing. Siwon lied there unfazed. Tiffany got annoyed, it was one of those things she hated when Siwon was consuming alcohol. He was really a headache and much more a pain to get him off bed.  

“Siwon, I’m in the mood right now. Could you resist poor wifey waiting for you to get up? Huh?” Tiffany tried a new trick. She whispered to Siwon’s ears with her stimulating bedroom voice. Without a second wasting, Siwon faced her plastering a wide grin. His wife looked at him standing with hands crossed on her chest, chuckling at him.

“Wow. So you have been awake all along. Get working mister . I should have done that earlier.” Tiffany left the room to go downstairs leaving Siwon who was just figuring out what happened. He has been pranked and just scratched his head in response. What a tactful wife. And he was the foolish one.

“Where’s everybody? Where’s Kyungie?” Siwon asked while he wore a shirt. His wife was busy working on the kitchen making their first meal of the day.

“Um, Kyungsan went with dad, mom and his uncles. Hae and Jess went out early, they were going somewhere but didn’t give a notice.” Tiffany stated as she flipped the pancakes that was sitting on the pan.

“So… We have the house to ourselves?” Siwon slowly crept up to hug Tiffany from the back. He held on to her waist and planted gentle kisses on her neck. Eventually facing him, Tiffany locked her small arms around Siwon’s neck and made their lips meet for a good morning kiss.

“Yes but I don’t like staying in. Let’s go out later okay?” She sweetly pleaded and Siwon tried to look away from her softening eye smiles.

“But why? I would like to cuddle all day. Besides we’ll have more time to head out, why can’t we, stay in? And you know, maybe, uh, catch up?” Siwon tried to give her a hint. He thought it was her fault anyways, she provoked him early in the morning, the way he was was a problem.

“I know what you’re thinking Siwon. Stop that. The guys can go home anytime and that will be very awkward for us.” Tiffany pulled away from the hug to get the table setup but Siwon caught her by the waist and fastened her in his arms.

“That’s why we need to do it now. N-O-W. Before anyone else comes home.” Siwon breathed to her ears. Tiffany tried to stop herself but Siwon was just to irresistible. Considering the little fight they had last night, it was one of his ways to make up for the petty arguments and misunderstandings. It was like they were young lovers again.

“Siwon I—“

“Shh..” Then Siwon owned her lips, guiding her through their exchange of kisses. The contrasting views from getting out bed turned into a make out session in the kitchen. Siwon directed her taking little steps to the stove then turned it off. His lips never left hers. Their breaths were short and there was no room for air but he didn’t want to part. He thinks it was too soon for it.  

“I love you.” Were the words that escaped Tiffany’s mouth after parting from the kiss.

“What do you say we go upstairs and talk this out, maybe tell me about that ‘I love you’ and I’ll tell you more about mine. Sounds good?” Siwon smiled while he was peck by peck giving kisses to her pinkish lips.

“But you just made the bed right? Your effort will be wasted getting creases on it.” Tiffany tried to play coy but Siwon just hissed at her silly reasons.

“We can make it again, that’s not really a problem. You’re just making me impatient you know that. Don’t make reasons like that again baby because—

“Guys we’re home!” Donghae and Jessica pushed the door open with a plastic of food and a tray of coffee in their hands when they saw Siwon and Tiffany hugging each other near the staircase.

“Are we?” Jessica still glued to the situation. They just interrupted someone’s make out sesh and that was the most awkward thing anyone could encounter.

“Uh, that was nothing guys.” Tiffany straightened out her shirt and grabbed one of the coffee trays Jessica had in her hand. They walked straight to the kitchen leaving the two men alone.

“You were lucky it was just us. If it was uncle then...” Donghae teased while grinning at Siwon.

“Shut up. That was not even funny.” Siwon walked out on him going to the kitchen. Donghae followed suit while still laughing at his best friend who just got frustrated.

***

“Babe is that your phone ringing?” Siwon who just got out of the shower shouted across the room. There was no response and the phone kept on ringing. Siwon walked towards its direction and looked for Tiffany who was obviously not around.

The phone was still ringing indicating a call. Siwon took a look at the ID number and saw the name that showed on the screen:

Calling.. Jung Yunho

He didn’t know what to feel at that time. The insides of him started burning and felt anguish remembering what that Yunho guy did at the store. Siwon felt suspicious of this one guy calling Tiffany. Why did he have to call? Wasn’t he contented to see Tiffany already with somebody? Moreover, of all the times, he had to be there in the time of their family vacation.

Siwon picked up the phone. Still staring at the calling person icon that showed on screen. He was about to pick up when the caller hung up. Siwon breathed deeply and was about to put the phone down when it vibrated indicating a message.

His mind was battling whether to view the message or not, in the end, jealousy prevailed and he opened that message that was sitting on the inbox. His anguish fumed upon reading what Tiffany’s admirer had sent her.

Can we meet before I leave? I hope you could find a free time to talk and have coffee. Just me and you. I’ll be waiting for your reply. Take care.

‘What!?’ Was all Siwon could ever think of. He was really a persistent one. Siwon felt like throwing the phone and crushing it to pieces. In that way Yunho wouldn’t bother Tiffany anymore, he wouldn’t be bothered anymore. His thinking was shattered when Tiffany entered their room.

“Were you calling me? Sorry I couldn’t go up, dad and the guys just arrived.” Tiffany said and Siwon quickly hid the phone behind him.

“Uh yeah, I was done taking a shower so..” He was quick witted thinking of a good reason.

“Oh, okay. Get dressed and wait for me hmkay?” Tiffany circled her arms on Siwon’s bare torso and gave him a kiss before she proceeded on. After she left, Siwon breathed deeply, thinking about what to do with Yunho. He put back the phone on top of the dresser and went on to pick his shirt. Without even minding to delete the message.