Man Up, Will You?

Unfoolish

 

Siwon opened his eyes upon feeling the beam of sunshine on his face. Manic Monday blues. He tried to get up but the gravity seemed to be pulling him more down. Eventually, he found the will to rise, and just when he was about to get ready for work, someone leaned on his neck and whispered something.

“It’s Monday, time to get up sweetie.” Then she left a sweet kiss on his cheek. Siwon pulled her into a hug causing Tiffany to embrace him back.

“How can I? When you’re this close to me?” Tiffany slapped his face lightly away from her upon hearing his chummy statement. ‘When will he get tired of doing these sorts of things?’ she thought to herself. She was lost looking at the ceiling when she felt Siwon’s lips on hers.

Tiffany sat up and pulled away from him, looking at him sharply while letting out a crooked smile. Siwon chuckled on her childishness, his wife never fails to put a smile on his face when she acts tough outside, and only Siwon can melt that image.

“Get up big boy! You still have to drive your little one to school!” Tiffany finally stood up and he was dragging Siwon’s arms out of the bed. Meanwhile, the lad just let his wife helplessly trying to get him out of his bed of laziness.

***

After having their breakfast, Tiffany scurried to fix his husband’s tie; Kyungsan is going to be late for school if she does not volunteer to do the little chores for Siwon.

“I’ll be fetching Kyungsan after school, he needs to get his flu shot this afternoon.” Tiffany said to his husband while she continued fixing his blue tie on his white long sleeves.

“Okay, I’ll try to come by Donghae’s office today. I need to see what’s up with that brat nowadays.” he laughed upon realizing the thought of teasing his best friend.

Tiffany watched his boys get in the car and wave goodbye. When the car got out of the house’s garage, Tiffany went back inside to do some house chores for the morning.

***

It was already 2:00pm and Tiffany remembered Kyungsan’s doctor appointment at 3:30pm. She readied herself to fetch Kyungsan and drove her way to his school.

“Umma!” a little boy came towards where Tiffany stood and hugged her.

“Did you have fun in school?” she asked her son hoping that he has interesting stories to tell on how his day on school went.

“Neh, but it was kind of tiring, too many tests today!” he cutely complained showing his little stressed face oh her mother.

“Silly, but appa reviewed you yesterday on your lessons right?” the kid nodded and Tiffany smiled on the sight of her little Siwon.

“We’re going to the doctors today for your flu shot.” Tiffany said while leading him inside the car then fastening her son’s seatbelt.

“Aw! I don’t like needles! It hurts so much!” little Kyungsan pouted on the thought of having a vaccine session.

“What did appa tell you?” Appa said you’re a big boy already, and big boys don’t get scared of flu shots.” She reminded her son who still had his straight face.

“But umma, I don’t like needles.” Tiffany did not answer back anymore and she just smiled at him, assuring that everything will be fine. She started the car’s engine and drove their way to Kyungsan’s pedia.

***

 

“Excuse me Mr. Lee, someone is here to see you.” Donghae’s secretary knocked in his office and politely asks her boss if the unknown visitor can come in. Donghae sighed upon hearing the statement; he thought it was one of his pesky demanding clients again. His already furrowed forehead becomes more of a serious stressed face when he responded to his secretary.

“Didn’t I tell you that I can’t meet someone without an appointment?” he said for the nth time as if his personal secretary never learns.

“But Sir—“

“Yah! Lee Donghae! Since when did you stray out your own hyung?!” turns out that his best friend Siwon was the mystery visitor. Donghae’s face lightened on seeing his dear friend after a long time. He jumped out from his seat like a little kid and bear hugged Siwon.

“Hyung! What a surprise! How’s it been?” he constantly patted Siwon’s back.

“Shouldn’t I ask that? How have you been Hae? Seems like you’re getting old here in your office. You never asked me again to hang out! ” The older man teased parting away from the hug.

“Yeah, things have been crazy lately. Stocks are so bipolar I have to work double time to keep the company running. What brings you here?” Donghae asked while offering Siwon a seat.

“Nothing, I just thought of visiting you, and I have some things to ask.” Siwon playfully smiling at his best friend but the other was clueless on what it was.

Donghae invited Siwon to the building’s rooftop to talk. When they were just junior executives on a certain company, they always sneaked in to rooftops when they get scolded by their bosses or they just want to get some breather from the stress.

“So how’s you and Jess?” Siwon inquired casually. Boy this couple got along first but Siwon was curious why Donghae still hasn’t made a move.

“Still the same. Not really much going on.” Donghae answered holding into his can of beer and squinting his eyes away due to the windy atmosphere.

“Hey, you and Jess have been together since forever, why don’t you make a move? Is there something wrong?” Siwon asked him worriedly.

“No, nothing, but I’m afraid I can’t face the responsibilities yet hyung. I’m afraid things won’t work and I’ll end up losing her.” Donghae took a sip in his can of beer.

“Yah, Donghae, you have to man up. I think Jessi has been waiting all this time for you to make a move. You have to, soon. You love Jessi right? Don’t lose her by being eaten by your own insecurities.” Siwon encouraged the younger by putting his hands on Donghae’s shoulders. Donghae just looked at him with a crooked smile, still unsure of what to feel.

“I’ll help you. Listen, were going to the States next week, maybe you could invite Jessica along. Then you propose to her. You two need to have a moment with each other, when that time comes, you’ll eventually feel that you want to marry her. Be with her forever.” Those words came from Siwon’s heart as he remembered that feeling when he married Tiffany. There was silence, but after a few moments, Donghae erupted laughter.

“Yah! I’m afraid to be as cheesy as you hyung!” Donghae snapped while Siwon slapped the back of his best friend’s neck.

“Shut up Hae. You have to do that, you have to ask her soon. I mean, come on. Your parents can’t wait forever for a grandchild!” he threatened Donghae who came back to his serious mood again. He heaved out a sigh and then he finally replied.

“Okay. Okay. I’m in. But you promise you have to help me.” He looked at Siwon who was giving a smile of assurance.

“Yes! That’s my boy.” Siwon fist pumped in the air learning that Donghae is finally getting engaged over the summer.

***

Tiffany promised Kyungsan that she will buy him a treat if he would be brave not to cry during his flu shot. They were driving downtown when Tiffany saw a toy store and took her son there, Kyungsan wanted to get a toy car so as a grant to his wish, Tiffany got it for him. After getting Kyungsan his treat, Tiffany checked the time and saw that it was just 5pm. She thought of driving to Jessica’s café to pay a visit before heading home.

She parked her car and Kyungsan immediately went down excited to see his mommy Jess and show his brave act for today.

“Hey, Choi Kyungsan, don’t run!” Tiffany reminded his son who was storming to Jessica’s office while she lined up the counter to get something to drink. Tiffany was seated by the window when a young man stood in front of her.

“Is this seat’s taken?” the man asked Tiffany. When she looked up who it was, the man was Yunho.

“Oh, it’s you. Um, sure have a seat.” Tiffany smiled at him and Yunho nearly went out of himself while seeing Tiffany’s beautiful face.

“So, I think you’re not in a hurry today? Or are you?” Yunho curiously asked the girl in front of him. Still adoring her pretty features and was careful not to get caught.

“Not really.” She politely said then suddenly, Jessica came near them carrying little boy Kyungsan.

“I was surprised to see this little boy all grown up when he said he didn’t cry on his flu shot.” Jessica said to Tiffany. She got out from her seat and got Kyungsan from Jessica.

“Oh, this is my son, Kyungsan. Kyungie, say hello to Uncle Yunho. He’s mommy Jessi’s friend.” Tiffany introduced her son to Yunho.

“Annyeonghaseyo Uncle Yunho!” the boy politely said then turning back to play again his new toy car.

Yunho could not believe what he just saw, Tiffany has a family? She’s already married? All these questions came running to him when Tiffany introduced her so-called “son”. Yunho was a bit shy and flabbergasted when he saw the kid.

“So how old is he?” was the question Yunho can ask at that time.

“He’s five, but I think he’s too mature for his age.” Tiffany chuckled at the sight of his son and Yunho could only stare at them.

“Yeah, trust her with that Yunho. This kid is a big boy now like what he always says.” Jessica added in while patting the kid’s head.

“I see, sorry for being frank but he doesn’t look like you.” Yunho stated. Tiffany giggled upon hearing those words.

“Oh, his looks were mostly from his father.” Tiffany said in an as-a-matter-of fact tone. Yunho just nodded and continued to consume his coffee.

In the remaining minutes of the afternoon, Yunho decided to talk about what he does for a living, and other random things them three could talk about. He didn’t want to know if Tiffany has a husband or she’s separated, it was too painful for him to take if he knows the apple of his eye had someone in her heart.

***

It was 7pm when Tiffany decided that they should go home. They bid their goodbyes to Yunho and Jessica. Driving home, the little boy felt sleepy and soon dozed himself to slumber. Just as they arrived, Tiffany woke him up to get down and they have their dinner first before turning into bed.

After dinner, Kyungsan was all set for sleep, Tiffany was tucking him under the covers when the boy asked something to his mom.

“Can’t I wait for dad? I want to tell him that I have been a brave boy today.” Kyungsan pleaded to his mom while Tiffany let out her smile hearing her son’s request.

“Dad has something extra to do at work so he’s staying up late. You can tell him tomorrow at breakfast, I’m sure he has something special for you when he knows that his little Kyungie had been a brave boy.”  Said Tiffany caressing Kyungsan’s hair.

“Really? Okay, I will. Good night umma!” his little arms threw on Tiffany’s body while she gave out her good night kiss.

Before leaving the room, Tiffany turned off the lights and gently closed the door, careful not to wake her sleeping son. Just about when she got down, Siwon entered their home loosening his tie.

“Hi hun. Sorry for staying out late. I met Hae and we had a few drinks, did you guys have dinner already?” he kissed her forehead as Tiffany pulled him into an embrace smelling his light smell of alcohol.

“Yeah, have you eaten? Kyungsan went to bed already.” Tiffany checking her husband’s reddening face due to liquor consumption.

“Oh, okay. I’ll just have some tea, feeling slightly nauseated.” Tiffany knew that Siwon was not really good in handling alcohol well. She placed her palm on his forehead and examined him closely.

“Just get changed, come down after. I’ll do your tea.” She left a kiss on his cheek and Siwon diligently went up to get changed in his sleeping clothes.

The kettle whistled and Tiffany turned off the stove. She poured a generous amount of tea on Siwon’s cup and onto hers then carefully handing it out to him. Siwon was sitting on a high bench with his arms leaning on the counter they had on the middle of the kitchen.

“Kyungsan was waiting for you to get home, he was excited about telling you how a brave boy he has been on his vaccine session today.” Tiffany said while she sat beside Siwon who was heaving her closer by her waist.

“Really?” he curiously asked while sipping from his cup of tea.

“I told him you have something special for him. Tell Kyungsan about our US trip this summer.” She suggested,

“That’s a good idea. Well, I invited Hae earlier, and they’re coming with us.” He said with a plastered smile on his face.

“Oh really? That’s nice! Good thing you convinced him, so what’s up with him?” Tiffany asked.

“I don’t know why he said yes, maybe he’s up to something?” Siwon playing innocent not to spill anything about Donghae’s proposal to Jessica while on vacation.

“Mwo? What could that be?” Tiffany was also curious on what has gotten into Siwon’s best friend.

“I don’t know either. But let’s not worry about that, let’s just enjoy the time we have for vacation.” Siwon said while finishing his cup of tea. Suddenly Tiffany kissed his right cheek and he was surprised by the sudden action.

“I love you.” She whispered in his ears.

“Well, that—“ Siwon was about to turn to her direction when he saw Tiffany running upstairs.

“Please wash the dishes! Haha!” she shouted from their room. Siwon shook his head and had no choice but to wash the cups they used.

UPDATED THE UPDATE! :) Now, now, Yunho knows about Kyungsan already! But when will he know about Siwon? And finally, the Haesica couple getting engaged on their US trip! ^^ Sounds fun? Kekeke~ Thanks for patiently waiting! KAMSAHAMNIDA! =D