O3

Love Fool
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“J-jessica? As in Jessica Jung?” Donghae asked mouth wide-opened at the figure in front of him.

“Err, I just said it.” Kris said, looking at him weirdly. He then looks at Jessica but was responded with a shrugged.

Donghae stared at the brunette in front of him. Drools can be seen dripping from his mouth. “Dude! Your mouth!” Kris shouted, waking Donghae. Donghae awake from his day-dream and quickly wiped-off his mouth.

“Aigoo, what’s wrong with my son? So embarrassing.” Aunty Lee smacks his shoulder, handing him few sheets of tissue.

Donghae ignored his mother nag as he wipes his mouth, peeking a little at the giggling brunette. He can’t help but feels jealous when he sees her smiling so happily with his hyung. Is she really the Jessica Jung he knows back in high school? His ex-girlfriend? How come she never smiled like that before?

Donghae admitted, he once had a feeling for Jessica. She’s pretty and genius. He knows, and everyone knows, that Jessica Jung likes him, Lee Donghae. His friend, Hyukjae once heard Jessica and her friends talking about him. Yes, him.

But being a er for an aegyo, Donghae was attached to Hara. Hara was small and petite compared to Jessica. Not as pretty as her, but her aegyo makes up for it. He likes girl who can do aegyo and cheerful. Those two things that he thought Jessica would never have.

She was known as an Ice Princess. Being friends with 8 cheerful and loud girls doesn’t help her changed that. She was still the usual quiet next-door girl that you can hardly notice. She always looks at the ground whenever she walks, low self-confident about herself and cold. Really cold.

He regrets it. Everything. He knows he shouldn’t leave her the night when they just only get official. But it’s Hara, they’re talking about. She knows his weakness. And she’s using it to her advantage. Karma was a b*tch after all. Few hours after he got official with Jessica, he dumped her. The same night he got official with Hara, she dumped him for Junhyung the next day. He found out that she got herself into a bet with her friends for him. Karma is a b*tch and so does Hara.

One week after the prom, Jessica avoided him. Her friends and his friends were giving him silent treatment every time he asked her whereabouts. Then after that one week, he no longer sees Jessica. Not even coincidently. He found out that she moved back to California, alone. He regrets it. He regrets it so bad, especially after seeing her friends cried after knowing about her moving.

It’s his fault. And he hates himself for it.

“Hae? You okay?” Kris called, waving his hand in front of him. He looks up to see Kris’s worried face looking at him.

“Oh, y-yeah.” He said, walking to the dining table with Kris following from behind. Foods were served and sitting in front of him was the new Jessica Jung and his Kris hyung. His hand clenched into a fist under the table as the couple acting lovey-dovey with each other. They were feeding each other and Donghae can’t help but wanting to gagged. He looks at his mom, and there she is, looking adoringly at the two. Tch.

“So, when are you two getting married?” Aunty Lee asked excited at the upcoming event. Donghae almost spitted out his foods hearing his mom question. Kris looks at Jessica, holding her hand under the table. Jessica smiled, squeezing his hand.

Kris looks up at his anxious aunt and cousin, smiling widely. “We’re planning this end of the month. We already discussed it with Jessica’s parent last night.” Aunty Lee was awed at her grown-up nephew. He now has become a man.

“Why so fast? Is she pregnant?” Donghae snickered, stabbing his food. Aunty Lee glared at his rudeness as Kris and Jessica gasped at the sudden question.

Kris cleared his throat, understanding his question. “Well, it is quiet fast. She is not pregnant, fyi. It’s just that we think it’s about time. We’ve been living together for 2 years now. So, might as well make an honest woman out of her.” Kris chuckled, hugging Jessica’s shoulder. Jessica smiled as she laid her head on Kris’s shoulder.

Aunty Lee was awed by their cute interaction as she clapped her hands. “I’m so excited for you two! So, where will you be staying later? Have you bought a house? You can stay here if you want. It was pretty lonely staying in this big house alone. Donghae’s always out.” Aunty Lee pouted at her only son. Donghae ignored his mom’s pouted as she continued stabbing his food, muttering by himself.

“I have a house back in California. It was our house. It’s just a small house, though. We got 3 bedrooms at the 2nd floor and 1 guest room at 1st floor. For now, I’ll be staying at Jessica’s. She can’t sleep without me.” Kris joked, earning himself a pinch fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter