Chapter 8

I will wait for you

Helloooo guyss :) SO here.. Idk what to say.. and oh, about the BRAIN TUMOR.. i really dunno what it is. i just know that it can cause death if malignant so bear with me. and on chapter 7, taeyeon's tumor was just at stage 2 right? Since i have really no idea of the said "disease" i changed it to 3 here on Chap8. Sorry for this crap.

 
 
 
“So...”
 
 
“So... Ahm... How’s life?” Tiffany asked.
 
 
“Just fine.” Jessica answered.
 
 
“Mmm, I talked with Yuri last time. She and you are now friends huh?”
 
 
“Ah, yes.” Jessica replied. 
 
 
“How could I rely to that?” Tiffany thought. “Do you have any problem Jessi?”
 
 
“Ah, no. Don’t mind me. How’s Taeyeon?”
 
 
“I don’t know...”
 
 
“Huh? What do you mean?”
 
 
“These past few days, something’s wrong with her. She’s always pale.”
 
 
“Maybe she’s just tired.”
 
 
“I don’t think so.”
 
 
Silence...
 
 
“Yoona talked to me.”
 
 
Tiffany nodded and waited for Jessica to continue.
 
 
“She said she was sorry and I accepted it.”
 
 
Silence once again but Tiffany broke it. “Do you wanna eat? Let’s try Soshi café.” 
 
 
 
 
When they got to the said coffee shop, they ordered the same food and ate it.
 
“Tiff, do you remember the little boy at the park?”
 
 
“You know him too?” Tiffany’s eyes widened.
 
 
“Of course. Did you like the gift he gave you?” Jessica smiled softly.
 
 
Tiffany’s eyes furrowed. “How did you--”
 
 
“Mmm, maybe let’s consider myself as the sender?”
 
 
“Y-you mean, you’re the one who gave that? You’re the mystery shadow? I thought it’s...”
 
 
“You thought what?”
 
 
“How could Taeyeon lie?” Tiffany thought. “What was that for?” She finally asked.
 
 
“Nothing. I just want to give you.” Jessica smiled shyly.
 
 
Tiffany chuckled at the cuteness of Jessica. “Let’s go home. I left Taeyeon alone there. Maybe she's waiting for me.” Tiffany stood up and Jessica did the same.
 
 
“Sorry for wasting your time.” Jessica sighed and smiled, kinda disappointed by herself.
 
 
“No, you didn’t. I enjoyed.” Tiffany caressed Jessica’s cheeks that made her shiver. “Thank you.”
 
 
“Y-yeah, bye.” Then they parted.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When Tiffany got home, she directly goes to their bedroom to expect Taeyeon, who owes one to her; still sleeping but she found no one.
 
 
“Tae?” She called out. “Where are you? We need to talk!”
 
 
She searched for Taeyeon. She directly went into their bathroom, none. To their living room, none. “Into the dining room.” Tiffany mumbled.
 
“Omo!” She immediately runs to the almost lifeless body of Taeyeon that’s lying on the floor. “Wake up Tae.” But there’s no response. She panicked. What to do? What to do? She called for an ambulance and it came after a few minutes.
 
 
While waiting patiently for the doctor to come out on the ER, Tiffany dialed Jessica’s number. She needed comfort. Her tears are falling unstoppable. She’s nervous. Then a running woman came.
 
 
“What happened?” Jessica said while panting. She can’t even breathe well.
 
 
“I found her lying on the floor when I got home.” Tiffany burst into more tears.
 
 
“Shhh... She’ll be okay. Don’t cry.” Jessica patted Tiffany’s back. It made Tiffany slightly comfortable.
 
 
“I suppose you’re her wife.” A sudden voice startled the two. 
 
 
“Yes. How is she doc?”
 
 
The doctor smiled sadly at her. “She’s suffering from a brain tumor.”
 
 
Tiffany’s mouth gaped open. She can’t believe this is happening.
 
 
“Her tumor is now on stage 3.” The doctor continued.
 
 
Tiffany can’t help it anymore. She breaks down, hugging her knees tightly. Jessica, on the other side, doesn’t leave her side.
 
 
They entered the room quietly. Tiffany saw Taeyeon, lying on the bed peacefully but pale. She bit her lip, hurt by the scene.
 
 
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon, her voice shaking. Her tears are falling again. “I hate you.”
 
 
“Shhh... Tiff, she’ll be fine. Trust her.” Jessica comforted and hugged Tiffany.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“She can go through operation but the chances are too low.”
 
 
“Please do anything. I’ll pay no matter how much it cost.” Tiffany begged.
 
 
The doctor just nodded. Tiffany decided to get back into Taeyeon’s room.
 
 
“Where have you been?” A soft voice said.
 
 
Tiffany turned her gaze into the owner of the voice. She smiled and immediately hugged her. “I hate you.” She sobbed.
 
 
“That hurts.” Taeyeon chuckled.
 
 
Tiffany slapped Taeyeon’s arms. “Why didn’t you tell me about this?” Tiffany crossed her arms.
 
 
Taeyeon’s face became serious. “I just don’t want you to worry.”
 
 
Tiffany sighed. “You should’ve still at least told me.”
 
 
“I’m sorry Fany.” Taeyeon caressed her cheek.  “I’ll be fine.”
 
 
“You’ll have an operation scheduled next week.”
 
 
Taeyeon shook her head. “No need Fany, save that money.”
 
 
“No, you’ll have an operation.”
 
 
“But Fany, I do---”
 
 
“Don’t be stubborn. Sleep and take a rest.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After how many days, Taeyeon’s operation came.
 
 
“Are you ready?”
 
 
Taeyeon nodded. “Whatever happens, just remember that I love you so much. I will leave this world, we all know it. I know it. But I will wait for you. No matter how long it would take. I will watch from beyond to make sure you live your life to its fullest, and then we’ll have so much to talk about when I see you again… You take care of yourself huh?” Taeyeon smiled softly.
 
 
Tiffany stopped her tears from falling. “Stop saying those words. You’ll be fine.” She pecked Taeyeon’s lips and when the latter is out of her sight now, she prayed.
 
 
“Lord, please save her. Please Lord.” She cried.
 
 
“Tiff.” 
 
 
“Jessi.” Tiffany hugged Jessica. “I’m afraid.”
 
 
“Don’t be. She can do it, okay?” 
 
 
Tiffany nodded slightly.