Chapter 1

I will wait for you

 

“Are you ready?” The shorter girl asked.
 
 
“Yes.”
 
 
Tonight, they’ll go to their favorite restaurant which has a really good ambience so many people are eating there. After 15 minutes, they reached their destination.
 
 
“Reservation for Kim Taeyeon.” 
 
 
“This way ma’am.” The waiter brought them to their reserved table and gave them the menu. After choosing what to eat, they chat, chat and chat.
 
 
“Well, Fany-ah I would like to---“
 
 
“Here’s your orders ma’am.” Taeyeon was interrupted.
 
 
“Thanks.” Then she smiled at the waiter.
 
 
“Okay, continue.”
 
 
“Let’s talk about it later. I’m hungry.” Then, Taeyeon gets her fork and knife then starts to eat. After eating the main dish, here comes the dessert Taeyeon has ordered. It was a strawberry ice cream. Just a typical ice cream. “What’s so special about this ice cream?” Tiffany thought. She was expecting a little to the dessert.
Tiffany started to eat. It was really delicious. She feels heaven inside her. She enjoyed the coldness that played inside .
 
 
“That’s called Salad ice cream. It was made of cucumbers and tomatoes.” Taeyeon stated.
 
 
“Really? I didn’t taste any cucumbers or tomatoes here.” Then she scooped the last spoon and saw a diamond ring that is coated by the ice cream. Tiffany cleaned it with the table napkin.
 
 
“Finally. We’re together for almost 3 years. I know this is quite too fast but I really want to marry you Fany. Would you accept it?” Taeyeon sincerely asked. Tiffany was startled. Should she accept it?
 
 
*Flash back*
 
 
“Tiff, want some ice cream?” She asked.
 
 
“Sure!” Tiffany said excitedly.
 
 
“Wait.” With that, she left.
 
 
After a few minutes of waiting, she came back with no ice cream in her hands.
 
 
“I thought you’ll buy an ice cream? Where is it?” 
 
 
“Sorry, there’s no more ice cream.” The girl pouted. “But I have something for the both of us.”
 
 
“What?”
 
 
“Taadaa.” She showed the two silver rings excitedly. “Happy anniversary baby.” She hugged Tiffany.
 
 
“Sweet.” Tiffany smiled and hugged her back.
 
 
~~
 
 
“Fany. You’re going to be late and someone’s waiting for you.” Mrs. Hwang said from downstairs.
 
 
“Okay mom.” Tiffany run downstairs and saw a blonde sitting on their couch.
 
 
“Jessi.” The blonde turned her head and greeted Tiffany with a smile.
 
 
“You’re like a turtle. You move so slowly. Jessica’s waiting for you about an hour ago.” Mrs. Hwang said while giving Tiffany’s allowance.
 
 
“Why didn’t you tell me that she’s here?”
 
 
“She wanted to surprise you.”
 
 
*Beep* A text message.
 
Fany-ah, I’m waiting here outside.
- Taeng
 
“Jessi, Taeyeon’s waiting outside.” Jessica nodded and held Tiffany’s hands. “Mom, we got to go.”
 
 
“Okay. Take care!”
 
 
Their school isn’t that far away from Tiffany’s house. It’ll just take 10 minutes walk. They reached their school and their room. 
 
 
“Thank God we arrived before the professor came.” Taeyeon sighed.
 
 
Discussion here, discussion there.
Quiz here, quiz there.
Tiffany’s very used to this kind of strategies and lesson plans. How she wish the bell would now ring. *cross fingers*
 
 
Kriiiiiing!
 
 
“Oh thank God.” Tiffany accidentally said out loud. She caught all of the attention, especially their professor and smiled awkwardly.
 
 
“I mean, thank God... Thank God I understand the lesson. Heeheee.” She lied, hoping it will work because she’s really bad at it. Her professor is still glaring at her. Tiffany’s sweats are flowing from her forehead to her neck. A few minutes of awkward silence, then her professor just nodded and smiled at her. “What does that smile means?” Tiffany thought and sighed.
 
 
“You’re safe.” Jessica chuckled.
 
 
“Yeah. I know.” Tiffany smiled. “So, let’s eat now. I’m a little bit hungry.”
 
 
“Baby I can’t eat with you. I need to go home. My mom said it’s urgent. Sorry.”
 
 
“Do you want me to come with you?”
 
 
“Huh? Ah, no. I can handle this. I need to go. Bye, I love you.”
 
 
Tiffany just nodded and waved goodbye to Jessica. She’s curious. What’s Jessica’s problem? Why not bother telling her?
 
 
Tiffany shook her head. “Nah, she can handle that.”
 
 
“Fany, where did Jessica go?” Taeyeon asked.
 
 
“She’s going home. Her mom texted her and said it’s urgent.” Tiffany answered.
 
 
Taeyeon nodded. “I see. So, come on.”
 
 
A few weeks have passed; Jessica is acting weird and cold towards everybody especially to Tiffany that made her think about it almost every day. Tiffany couldn’t get a chance to talk with Jessica because she always goes home early. She, sometimes, not attending their last two subjects just to avoid Tiffany.
 
 
It’s their break time when Tiffany saw Jessica staring outside. Maybe she’s spacing out. 
 
 
“Hey Jessi!” Tiffany jumped in front of Jessica to catch her attention. Jessica looked up at her, ignored her and decided to fix her things.
 
 
“Where are you going? What’s wrong with you? Do you have any problem?”
 
 
“None of your business.” Jessica answered coldly. 
 
 
“I’m your girlfriend!” Tiffany reminded her. “What’s wrong? Please tell me.”
 
 
“...”
 
 
“Jessi, please tell me. Why are you like that? After these past few weeks, you’re not attending the last two subjects. You always leave the school early. Are you avoiding me?” Tiffany caresses Jessica’s face to find her eyes that are lifeless. She’s not the Jessica that Tiffany has known before.
 
 
“I think we should end this.” Jessica said. Tiffany’s tears suddenly starts to fall involuntarily.
 
 
“W-what do you mean?”
 
 
“Are you deaf? I want break up.”
 
 
“You’re joking right?” Tiffany forced a chuckle and tried to lighten up the situation.
 
 
“I’m not.” Jessica replied.
 
 
“Did I do something wrong? Well if yes, I’m sorry.” Tiffany wiped her tears.
 
 
“You didn’t. I’m just tired.”
 
 
“Tired of what? Let me know.”
 
 
“Can’t you see? I’m tired of being in a relationship with you. Let’s just stop this . We’re done.” Then Jessica left her frozen at her place. She doesn’t know what to do or say.
 
 
“Hey Fany-ah. I brought you some food here. Guess what? It’s you favo--” Taeyeon was cut off when she saw Tiffany crying. “Hey what’s wrong??” She immediately put their lunch above the desk and went to Tiffany.
 
 
Tiffany started running and ignored the calls of Taeyeon. Tiffany doesn’t know where to go. She runs as fast as she can, ignoring the people she bumped into until she reached the park where she and Jessica celebrated their 2nd anniversary and their last, actually. She sat down into her usual favorite place on the park. On the swing.
 
 
“Is it really easy for her?” 
 
 
“How can she just dump me that easy with unknown reasons?” She cried more. Tears are falling seconds by seconds.
 
 
“Fany.” A voice from behind called her attention. Tiffany looked up at her with that bloated eyes.
 
 
“Taeng.” Tiffany hugged Taeyeon tightly.
 
 
“Ssshh. That’s enough. She doesn’t deserve your tears, okay? She left you with no valid reason. NO reason to be exact.” How did Taeyeon know? Tiffany looked up at her and sobbed. Taeyeon patted Tiffany’s back to somehow, ease her pain.
 
 
“It hurts.”
 
 
Taeyeon hugged her tightly. “If I was her, I’ll never let this thing happen. Jessica’s so stupid for hurting the one I love.”
 
 
Taeyeon covered for uttering those words. This isn’t the right time. Tiffany broke the hug and looked up at her giving her a what-did-you-say look.
 
 
Taeyeon sighed. “Okay. You heard it right. I love you. I love you since we reached high school until now that we’re 2nd year college. You didn’t even notice my presence and love for you until you had a crush on Jessica. I was hurt when you and Jessica got together. I mean, it was really easy for her. I’m sorry if I’m saying this to you.”
 
 
“....”
 
 
“Will you give me a chance to prove my love for you and heal you broken heart? I will wait for you ‘til you love me the way I will love you. I will wait for you ‘til you forget about Jessica. Just give me a chance. I won’t hurt you. I promise.”
 
 
“I am not ready you know that.”
 
 
“I will wait for you.” Then Taeyeon hugged Tiffany once again.
 
 
After two years of waiting, Tiffany finally accepted Taeyeon’s love for her.
 
 
*End of Flash back*
 
 
“Fany??” 
 
 
Tiffany came back to reality.”Hmm? Uhh...”
 
 
“I understand.” Taeyeon smiled and squeezed the hands of Tiffany lightly. “You don’t have to answer. 
 
 
“N-No!! I’ll marry you...”
 
 
---
 
 
“Baby, I have something for you.” The tall girl said while entering their bedroom.
 
 
“Really? Lemme see.” The now, shorter girl greeted her with an excited face. The shorter girl immediately grabbed the box in the taller girl’s hand.
 
 
“Hey! Lemme open that for you Jung Jessica!” She forces to get the box from Jessica’s hand but unfortunately, Jessica is stronger than her. Jessica opened the box and then the taller girl grabbed the chance to get it away from Jessica. She opened the box and kneels down in front of Jessica that made Jessica blush.
 
 
“Will you marry me Jessica?”
 
 
Jessica nodded. “I will marry you seobang!”
 
 
“Uhh... I love you.”
 
 
*Flash Back*
 
 
“Jessica, you need to marry Yuri. Her father is the reason why our business is still on its field of success. Please don’t disobey me.”
 
 
“But mom, I don’t like her! I love Tiffany mom! You definitely know that!” Jessica protested.
 
 
“Jessica, please follow me if you don’t like our life to be ruined. How about Krystal’s studies? Your studies as well? Please Jessica.” Mrs. Jung begged.
 
 
“Why should I marry that Yuri?”
 
 
“Her father said Yuri likes you a lot. That’s the only way so that he won’t let us pay our bad debts. We’re actually bankrupt Jessica.”
 
 
Mrs. Jung is the only one who’s managing their business since his father passed away. Jessica doesn’t have the idea how her mom got to know Mr. Kwon. Maybe, he’s a business partner.
 
 
Jessica nodded. She doesn’t want her mom to be disappointed. She cares a lot for Krystal. She chose to sacrifice her own happiness than to see her little sister suffer. She also knows that if her father is still alive, he’ll let Jessica do the same thing too. 
 
 
“Thank you so much Sica for understanding me.” Mrs. Jung hugged her. “Please keep this as a secret.”
 
 
Jessica doesn’t want to ask anymore. Her heart is full of aches. How can she dump the one she truly loves? That isn’t an easy thing.
 
 
----
 
 
Jessica acted cold towards Tiffany that made her heart shattered into tiny pieces. She really doesn’t want to do this, this way but she has no choice. 
 
 
(Flashback on Tiffany's part. This is like Jessica's POV)
“Hey Jessi!” Tiffany jumped in front of Jessica to catch her attention. Jessica looked up at her, ignored her and decided to fix her things.
 
 
“Where are you going? What’s wrong with you? Do you have any problem?”
 
 
“None of your business.” Jessica answered coldly. 
 
 
“I’m sorry Tiffany.”
 
 
“I’m your girlfriend!” Tiffany reminded her. “What’s wrong? Please tell me.”
 
 
“...” Jessica decided not to response. “I know.” She thought.
 
 
“Jessi, please tell me. Why are you like that? After these past few weeks, you’re not attending the last two subjects. You always leave the school early. Are you avoiding me?” Tiffany caresses Jessica’s face to find her eyes that are lifeless. She’s not the Jessica that Tiffany has known before.
 
 
“I think we should end this.” Jessica said. Tiffany’s tears suddenly starts to fall involuntarily.
 
 
“Don’t cry, please.” Jessica’s heart crumpled. She can’t breathe. She hates to see Tiffany cry especially when she’s the reason.
 
 
“W-what do you mean?”
 
 
“Are you deaf? I want break up.”
 
 
“You’re joking right?” Tiffany forced a chuckle and tried to lighten up the situation.
 
 
“I’m not.” Jessica replied.
 
 
“Did I do something wrong? Well if yes, I’m sorry.” Tiffany wiped her tears.
 
 
“You didn’t. I’m just tired.”
 
 
“Tired of what? Let me know.”
 
 
“Sorry, I can’t tell you.”
 
 
“Can’t you see? I’m tired of being in a relationship with you. Let’s just stop this . We’re done.”
 
 
“I’m really sorry.”
 
 
*End of Flash Back*
 
 
Two months, after the proposal;
 
“Good morning Yul. I already cooked our breakfast.”
 
 
“Thanks.” Yuri smiled. “Let’s eat.”
 
 
“Are you going to attend that meeting seobang?” Jessica pouted.
 
 
“Of course.”
 
 
“Can you please not attend?”
 
 
“Sica, I must attend that meeting. Okay?” Yuri said.
 
 
“Please?” Jessica gave her best puppy eyes.
 
 
“I must attend. M-U-S-T.”
 
 
“Please, seobang?”
 
 
“I said, I MUST attend okay??!!” Yuri yelled. Jessica’s eyes widened. She doesn’t expect Yuri being like this. Yuri never yelled at her.
 
 
“I’m sorry.” Jessica lowered her head. Yuri stands up, still wiping with the table napkin, then left.
 
 
Days, weeks and another month has passed, Yuri is acting cold towards her. Sometimes, it came to the point that Yuri’s hurting her not only emotionally but also physically but Jessica ignored it all. There was a time when Jessica caught Yuri smiling while texting. She would try to ask why is she smiling but Yuri would just answer, “Ahh, my business partner always tell jokes.” but Jessica's not contented with Yur's answer. She feels something.
 
 
“Sica! The towel please!” Yuri shouted from the bathroom.
 
 
“Wait. Coming!” Jessica runs to the cabinet and search for a new towel.
 
 
*Beep*
 
Jessica looked at Yuri’s phone which’s vibrating. She checked who the sender is and read the message.
 
 
Yul, are you ready for our date??
- Partner yoong
 
 
“Partner? Date?”
 
 
“Jessica!!!”
 
 
“Oh, coming.” Before she goes to the bathroom, she erased the message.
 
 
When Yuri got out of the bathroom, she immediately checked her phone.
 
 
“Did someone texted me?” Yuri said while drying her hair.
 
 
“I don’t know. Will someone text you?”Jessica innocently asked.
 
 
“Yes. I’m waiting for a text from my business partner. We’ll have a meeting. Ugh! This is so stressful.”
 
 
“Oh really? Business partner? Or partner? Meeting? Or a date?” Jessica smirked, raising her one brow.
 
 
Yuri didn’t response. She can’t actually believe that Jessica knows it now. Her secret.
 
 
“What?!!! Answer me!!!” Jessica’s brows furrowed.
 
 
“Hey. W-what are you talking about?” Yuri asked while fixing herself, still keeping her cool.
 
 
“I have read your message from your PARTNER YOONG.” Jessica emphasizes the last two words. “You’re sweet huh? Having a date in the late afternoon? Very cool huh?”
 
 
“I- I- need to go.” Yuri immediately runs past Jessica and shut the door closed.
----
 
 
(A/N) Sorry for making you guys wait. LOL.
Hope you like it?
FEEL FREE TO GIVE YOUR OPINIONS, negative or positive IS VERY MUCH ACCEPTED.
I need it though :)))