Chapter 5

I will wait for you

 

“Stop crying Jessi.” Tiffany was still busy comforting her broken hearted friend.
 
 
“I think you should go with her.” Taeyeon, who’s still staring at Jessica, said.
 
 
“Hmm?” Tiffany didn’t get it at first.
 
 
“She needs you.”
 
 
“How about our honeymoon?” 
 
 
“Jessica needs you. We can make love whenever we wanted.” Taeyeon grinned.
 
 
“I can handle myself. Go on with your honeymoon.” Jessica interrupted. She doesn’t want to bother anyone especially her new wed friends.
 
 
“No, it’s okay.” Taeyeon patted Jessica’s shoulder to assure her. “Tiffany, go with her huh?”
 
 
“Thank you Taeng.”
 
 
---
 
 
“Jessi, look at yourself. Your eyes were swollen. You’ve been crying for so many hours.”
 
 
“She promised me that she’ll never cheat again.” Jessica, who is lying on the bed, said. “She broke her promise.”
 
 
“Shhh. She doesn’t deserve your tears. You’ll find someone better than her.”
 
 
“I’m tired enough to look for that someone. I’m tired.”
 
 
“Don’t be. True love waits. We never know that, that someone is just somewhere else.” Tiffany was interrupted by the snores of Jessica. “You fell asleep because of crying.” Tiffany smiled. She fixed Jessica’s bangs into their proper places.
 
 
~
 
 
Tiffany opened her eyes and saw Jessica sleeping. She smiled because of wondering why Jessica is still cute whenever she sleeps. Tiffany doesn’t even notice that she’s staring at the girl.
 
 
“Good morning Jessi.” She whispered.
 
 
Jessica opened her eyes and greeted back. “Good morning.” She smiled.
 
 
Tiffany didn’t expect Jessica to be up this early in the morning. 6 am? She should be sleeping at this hour. “Why are you up this early? Did I wake you up?”
 
 
Jessica shook her head. “I woke up before you.”
 
 
“That’s new huh?”
 
 
“Tiff. Thank you.”
 
 
“I did nothing. But always remember, I’m always here for you. You can count on me Okay?”
 
 
Jessica nodded. She immediately stands up and fixes herself.
 
 
“Where are you going?” Tiffany asked.
 
 
“I’m cooking breakfast for you as a return.”
 
 
Tiffany knew that Jessica can’t cook. She a little bit worried here. “Huh? Uhh, you know we can order foods outside.”
 
 
“You will definitely love that. Trust me. Oh my God.”  Jessica left Tiffany inside the room.
 
 
“Good luck to me.”
 
 
*beep*
 
Good morning my dear. How’s Sica? How’s your sleep?
- TaengPeas
 
I slept well and Jessi’s fine. I miss you my Taetae. *pouts*
- Ppanii
 
Uhh, I miss you more Ppanii. I’ll see you later huh? Eat on time. I love you.
- TaengPeas
 
 
Tiffany fixed herself and get ready to go down because Jessica already called her.
 
 
When Tiffany reached the kitchen, she smells something familiar. It smells like an American food. It smells like her
favorite. Its stake.
 
 
“Taadaaa.” Jessica proudly presented the food she cooked. She put it above the table. Tiffany gulped. It smells delicious.
 
 
“Tiff, are you okay?” Jessica snapped her fingers in front of Tiffany’s face.
 
 
“H-huh? Uh yeah. Let’s eat.” Tiffany sits down and begins to eat the stake Jessica has prepared.
 
 
“How was it?” Jessica was waiting for Tiffany’s comment but Tiffany just shook her head and stared at her seriously.
 
 
“I knew it was not deli---”
 
 
“Oh my gosh Jessi! When did you learn how to cook? This is so delicious. I think my diet will be set aside for a while.” Tiffany dug, dug and dug into her plate. She was eating like there was no tomorrow for her.
 
 
“Do you have death penalty? Haven’t you eaten for years?” Jessica suddenly asked.
 
 
“Shoorreee. Thish ish jash jelishus.”
 
 
“Have manners.” Jessica scolded.
 
 
Tiffany swallowed the food inside and then spoke. “Ahhhhhh. I’m full now. I can’t move.” Tiffany stretched her arms and then rubbed her stomach. “When did you learn how to cook Jessi?”
 
 
“Few years ago. I studied how to cook because I want to cook for someone and fortunately, she liked it.”
 
 
“That must be Yuri. But trust me. That was the most delicious stake I’ve ever tasted.” Tiffany complimented.
 
 
“No, I never cook for Yuri. Thanks for liking it though.” Jessica smiled. After Jessica cooked and served the lunch, she decided to go home.
 
 
~
 
 
“Unnie! Where have you been? Where did you sleep? What happened? Are you okay?” Krystal asked.
 
 
“I didn’t even step my feet inside the house yet and there you are, asking continuous questions.”
 
 
“I’m just concern, you know. Now, answer my questions.”
 
 
“I’m from Tiffany’s house. I slept there too. It’s none of your business. I’m okay. I want to sleep again. Leave me alone. Goodbye.” And then, Jessica decided to go upstairs, ignoring the reaction of Krystal.
 
 
“Where’s Yuri unnie?” Jessica stopped when she heard the name she doesn’t want to hear. She turned her head to look at Krystal who is still puzzled.
 
 
“Don’t you ever dare to say that ing name again and don’t let her enter the house.” 
 
 
“But why? What happened?”
 
 
“Is that clear?” Jessica glared at Krystal. Krystal just nodded when the words of Jessica sank into her mind. 
 
 
*ding dong*
 
 
The doorbell distracted Krystal’s thoughts. She opened the door and wasn’t shock to see who is the person in front of her. In fact, she expected this.
 
 
“Krystal, where’s Jessica? Is she here?”
 
 
“Yes.” Krystal answered coolly. She has to keep her cool even though she wants to ask Yuri many questions.
Yuri smiled at her and was about to enter the house but Krystal grabbed her hands and stopped her.
 
 
“Why? I just want to talk to her.”
 
 
Krystal shook her head. “She doesn’t want to talk to you.
 
 
“I’ll just clear up everything.” Yuri’s tears are now flowing.
 
 
“She’s sincere.” Krystal thought. “But no. I can’t let her in or I’ll be dead.”
 
 
“You know unnie, I really have no idea about what happened but what I saw in my sister’s eyes, she’s definitely hurt.
That’s the second time I saw her like that, so please just let her go.”
 
 
“What do you mean? Second time??” Yuri scratched her head. She couldn’t understand Krystal’s statement.
 
 
“You don’t know? Haah. Just so you know, Tiffany unnie is...”
 
 
“Stop Krystal.” A cold voice said from behind. Krystal and Yuri both looked at Jessica who’s glaring at them. Yuri returned her gaze to Krystal and continues to interrogate her.
 
 
“What about Tiffany?”
 
 
Krystal didn’t response. She left the question hanging. She has no right to spill it out and she still wants to live her life to the fullest.
 
 
“Go to the kitchen and continue to cook.” Jessica commanded and Krystal followed.
 
 
When Yuri and Jessica were left, Yuri can see Jessica’s lifeless eyes. She was eaten by her conscience and guilt.
 
 
“Jessica.” Yuri begins to step her left foot inside the house.
 
 
“Stop!” Jessica yelled. “Why are you here?”
 
 
“Let me explain and clear up everything.”
 
 
“No need.” Jessica said while smiling. “Let’s just end everything about us.”
 
 
“B-but I love you.” Yuri’s tears begin to fall all over again.
 
 
“Really? You wouldn’t cheat on me if you love me. I’m not a fool.”
 
 
“Sica, I’m sorry for hurting you, for making you angry, for making you upset. Please give me another chance. I’ll never cheat on you again, promise.” Yuri kneels down with her head hung low. Jessica’s tears also begin to fall. She doesn’t want to see Yuri like that but she had enough.
 
 
“I'm not upset, hurt or even angry anymore. I'm just tired of believing all your lies. I'm tired of getting my hopes up and being disappointed again. So just let me go.” Jessica wiped her tears. “I’m sorry.”
 
 
Yuri gave up. She hurt Jessica’s feelings for the second time around so what will she expect? She can never win back Jessica again. She stands up and smiled. “Okay. I understand. I respect your decision.”
 
 
Jessica stayed silent.
 
 
“But what’s with Tiffany?”
 
 
“Huh?”
 
 
“What’s with her?”
 
 
Jessica already knows where this topic would go. She doesn’t know what to say. She lied on Yuri. She said that Yuri was her first girlfriend and Yuri believed in it.
 
 
“She’s your ex-girlfriend, isn’t she?” 
 
 
Jessica nodded lightly. Yuri smiled and caressed Jessica’s cheeks.
 
 
“Why didn’t you tell me?” Yuri asked but received no response from Jessica. “Can you tell me everything now?”
 
 
Jessica lifted her head and looked at Yuri. “She’s not angry?” She thought.
 
 
“I take that as a yes.” Then Yuri grabbed Jessica upstairs. She’s desperate to know everything.