Dead, but not so dead...

The Shaolin Killer

Note: This is an alternate ending (happy ending)

There was military around my grave, the team that I worked with was there too. My friends from America had just arrived and...well the view was just so depressing. Ji A was crying in Yi Xing's hug, Wu Fan was trying to hold his emotions. The truth was that for him my death was really hard thing to accept.
"We lost a dear friend of ours. She is going to be missed!" said director Ahn, then he hide himself behind Wu Fan and the other agents.
Black SUV arrived. My mother came out from it and started running toward my grave. Thank God, that my coffin was closed.
"Charlene! No! Charlene!" she yelled, like I was just going to open the coffin and walk out from it. "Charlene, my dear girl! COME BACK!" her tears were rolling down her face, her eyes were puffed up, she was all shivering.
"Madam!" Wu Fan went to my mother and grabbed her calmly by the shoulders. "Come here..." he said with deep voice.
"My poor kid! What am I going to do without her?" my mom was still crying. Wu Fan gave her a hug to calm down, but that didn't had an effect. There is no parent who could calm down after loosing a child.
But what they didn't knew (I didn't knew too) was that I wasn't in the coffin.

I woke up in a hospital room. I had monitoring systems, connected with my hands and could hear them beeping.
"What the hell is going on?" I asked and tried to stand up. My body was too weak and I staggered to my feet. I went back in the bed and waited for a nurse to pass near my room.
I started touching my face and hands. "What's going on? Am I dead?" I asked myself.
"No!" laughed a doctor who just entered my room.
"How came so? I had a car-crash!"
"Miss, do you want to be dead?" he arched his eye-brows, but I didn't said anything. I looked down and I remembered Tao. The only thing that came out from my mouth was a sigh and in my eyes there were tears.
"I am doctor Mizushima!" smiled the doctor. "One week ago, a young man brought you here."
"Young man?" I asked. Who could that be? Wu Fan? Yi Xing? "Wait a minute! From how long did you say I was here?"
"One week. As far as I can tell about the man he will come later. He always comes at lunch and stays until late. You see that?" doctor Mizushima pointed at many flowers. "He always bring some of these with him. You have to be a lucky girl, miss Choi!" smiled the doctor and went out. After him entered a nurse to check me out.

I couldn't understand what was happening. I was dead! I was sure of that! Or maybe I was rescued? No! I did not wanted that! As soon as I find out who saved me I'm not going to thank him. I am going to kill him! Or her...
"Excuse me!" I stopped the nurse before she came out from the room. "Am I in China?" I asked and she looked at me, like I have just fallen from Mars.
"No, miss! You're in Japan! Osaka..." and she went out.
"Japan?" I widened my eyes. "What am I doing in Japan?"
Well, it's right that the doctor and the nurse were speaking Japanese, but Japan?! Really?

I didn't knew how to react, nor what to say. I was just lying in the bed and thinking about what happened. The murder, Tao, me, the hospital, the man who saved me. Something seemed to me really odd.
I looked at the clock. There were 10 minutes until lunch. Was the man going to come? I waited silently in the bed (not that I had other choice).
I don't know when I had fallen asleep. I dreamt Tao. He was smiling at me and he was reaching his hand, but I couldn't reach him. I woke up at 5 pm. There was nobody in the room. Did my hero came?

 

A week after I was discharged from the hospital. Physically I was feeling fine, but what I was going to do from now on? I was in Japan, I knew Japanese, but I didn't had a home, I knew Osaka, but I was unemployed. What should I do now?
"Are you ready?" the doctor went in the room.
"Of course!" I smiled, but I wanted to cry. "Um...The money?..."
"Don't worry! The young mister, paid them yesterday."
"He was here?"
"Yeah! He was here everyday! Didn't you saw him?"
I didn't replied anything. Who was that man?
"Miss Choi?"
"What?"
"Are you listening to me?"
"I want to go now!" I stood up fast.
"Wait!" yelled doctor Mizushima. "The man told me to give you this." he gave me a piece of paper and a key.
"What is this?" I asked.
"I don't know. He said for you to go there. Excuse me! I have work to do! I wish you only the best!" the doctor hurried up straight to the hall.

Restaurant. Why is he giving me an adress for a restaurant?
"Oh! The key!" I remembered and I pulled it out from my pocket. "EXO...What kind of name is that for a restaurant?" I murmured and unlocked the door.
Inside was really spacious and  up-to-date. It was cosy and warm.
"Why is he giving me a restaurant?" I asked myself. "Am I going to run it? I can't!"
"Don't you want it?" I heard a voice behind me. A well-known voice...Tao! I turned around and I saw him. He was leaning on the wall and he was smiling widely.
I didn't knew what to do. I was totally shocked because...Well, because Tao was dead! I killed him... My eyes filled up with tears and I started crying like a baby. Tao was still smiling at me and I was still standing in the middle of the restaurant crying. For a moment I thought that I was imagining, because all of this was just impossible.
Tao started to walk toward me and I started stepping backward.
"Don't run!" he said and until I realise I was in his arms.
"Tao!" I started crying more loudly.
"I'm here! Shh..."
"How are you here? I saw you...Coffin...It was you...I killed you..." I couldn't say a normal sentence. I wanted to ask him so many stuff, but everything in my head was a mess.
"I'll explain later. Let's say just that my death was a fake...frame-up. Come on, calm down!" Tao kissed my forehead.
"Did you saved me?" I asked him, as I was sniffing and he nodded.
It was so nice! In his hug, far away from the world. It was just me and him. It was like we were the only ones who existed.
"You!" I yelled, when my tears stopped. "I'm going to kill you!" I yelled again and Tao made a step back. "How could you do this to me? You made me cry so much. You made me rip out my boxing sack. Because of you I destroyed my Chrysler!" I started to chase him. "Wait until I catch you! I'm going to tie you somewhere and beat you really hard!" when I said that Tao stopped immediately and looked at me with one really scary look on his eyes. "T-Tao?" I made a step back. "You are not scaring me!" I said, but that wasn't true. I shivered. He started to walk slowly toward me.
"You know..." Tao said with a serious voice, and his look was still scaring me.
"What?" I asked with a shivering voice. But what was going on with him? I continued stepping back, until I hit the wall. Tao came near me and I could feel his warm breath on my face. And just when I was going to try to escape he smiled widely and said: "The idea with the tying...I like it really much!" and he kissed me. I pushed him back.
"Tch! You stupid!" I laughed. Then I pulled him back and we both sank in a passionate and powerful kiss.