Important suspect

The Shaolin Killer

We were working at the office when Wu Fan appeared. "It looks like The Shaolin Killer struck again..."

The Shaolin Killer? I've had read something about him somewhere...They are trying to arrest him from many years now, but nobody can't find him. It appears, that The Shaolin Killer is just too smart for CBI or whichever investigative agency. Even for SWAT. People call him The Shaolin Killer because after his crimes he leaves a little figurine with five of the main fighting styles in Kung Fu - Crane, Snake, Tiger, Monkey and Mantis. The way of killing the victims is always the same - he attacks them in back, then he tortures them in many different ways, using martial arts, as well as all sorts of weapons. Finally he brakes victim's neck with a powerful kick in the head; he leaves the body in a place, where it can be seen easily and he puts in the victim's hands a little figurine. The connection between his victims is that they all are men and women, who have left their kids in orphanage, or somewhere on the streets of China.

We gathered together to talk about the case. "Okay! What do we know about The Shaolin Killer?" asked Wu Fan.
"His victims are parents who had left their children..." Yi Xing was looking carefully in some papers.
"We don't have even a sign of his fingerprints." Ji A scratched nervously her head.
"It looks like, not all parents who have left their kids are attacked by The Shaolin Killer..." I said lost in thought.
"Yeah, it look like that. What connects them?" Wu Fan looked at me, then he looked at the folder in front of him.
"It appears that, they are all people who are capable of taking care of their kids - they have the money, the time, etc. It's just that they don't want to occupied with the babies, so they abandon them."
"So he goes after those parent, who just don't give a damn for their children, right?" Ji A looked extremely shocked.
Wu Fan closed the folders and stood up. "Let's go and check the crime scene."


This victim was killed in the style of the Shaolin Killer too, so we really had to deal with him, not with some copy-cat.
"What do we know about the victim?" Wu Fan stared at the pathetic-looking man, lying on the ground.
"His name is Lee Xiu Min, 27 years. He is a drug-dealer and Xiumin his-self has a drug-addict. His girlfriend gave birth to baby girl, but she dies from rupture of the uterus..." explained Yi Xing. Wu Fan made a disgusted expression after the last four words.
"Xiu Min doesn't want to deal with the baby, because he thinks that the kid is not his, so the bastard leaves her near the waste canal." added Ji A.
"Look! There is a tiger in his hands!" I said, pulling the figurine out.
Wu Fan cleared his throat and fixed his coat. "Ji A, check his phone-records and find out with who he had talked lastly. We have to start with something. Yi Xing, you go and interrogate the woman, who found him. Ask for witnesses. Charlene, you are coming with me to check the video-records from the surveillance cameras."


We watched the records for hours. After four hours sitting in one place and starring at the screens, something finally caught our attention.
"Turn back!" Wu Fan stood up. "This guy here! The victim gives drugs to everyone and they push the money into his hands. Only this guy here didn't take anything from XiuMin, but he gave him something." Wu Fan came closer to the screen, like he was going to find out what was given to the victim. But even zoomed, we couldn't see what was that thing. "Ji A..." started impatiently Wu Fan, when he dialed our co-worker. "I'm going to send you a photo from a surveillance camera. Find out who the guy is!"
"Okay, sir! I checked the phone-records, as you wished. The last person who called Xiu Min is a guy named Yoon Doo Joon. I was just going to check him at the data base."
"First, check the face which I sent, and then the rest. Me and Charlene are just heading to the CBI station. I want results when I come!" Wu Fan closed the phone and entered the SUV.


"Boss, the guy who you told me to check and the guy who called Xiu Min, are the same person." Ji A turned the monitor toward me and Wu Fan.
"Check the video-records from the old murders by The Shaolin Killer. Look if Doo Joon appears somewhere." Wu Fan sat behind his desk. "Yi Xing, Charlene bring Doo Joon here. Let's find out what he gave to Lee Xiu Min."


"I am going to drive!" I headed the driver seat, but Yi Xing outwalked me.
"The driver seat suits men more!" he winked at me and got in.
"The driver seat suits men more...blah-blah!" I rolled my eyes and got in too.
We were remaining in silence for 10 minutes, then Yi Xing decided to brake it. "So, Charlene...Do you have a boyfriend?"
"No. I just arrived in China, as you know."
"If you insist, I can help you with the search for...someone." Yi Xing was talking with a tempting voice. Then he let go of the control lever and settled his hand onto my shoulders.
"Thanks, Yi Xing! But I'm not interested!" I removed his hand.
"Gee, you are boring!...I can't believe that you came from America!" Yi Xing shaked his head disapprovingly.
"Stop talking bull! Better park here - we are already near Doo Joon's apartment."

Our suspect was living in a really rich neighborhood, which was unaffordable for the police agents. There was a porter at the ground floor - he was carefully dressed and shaved.
"Good-day!" greeted the porter. "How can I help you?"
"We are agents Choi and Zhang." we showed our badges. "We want to speak with somebody from this building."
"Yes, of course! Tell me who and I'll call him to tell him for your presence."
"Look...We'd want he doesn't know that we're coming, since we want to be sure that he wont run away." Yi Xing stepped toward the short porter.
"I understand! Who are you looking for?"
"Yoon Doo Joon." I replied.
"The mister had just got home. Fourth floor, apartment - 16. After you walk out from the elevator you have to turn right two times and you'll see the apartment."
"Thanks!" I smiled and me and Yi Xing entered the elevator.
Even the elevator its-self was perfect! Everything was squeaky clean. There were mirrors everywhere, an amazing flavor floated in the air. As far as I can remember, even in America I haven't entered this kind of elevator. I haven't entered in such building. for the matter of facts.

We rang on the suspect's door-bell and we waited. We heard a noise from inside. It looks like Doo Joon was looking in the eyehole.
"Who are you?" he asked, as he opened the door a bit.
"We are from CBI." said Yi Xing and showed his badge. "We would like to speak with you!"
Doo Joon tried to close the door, but Yi Xing had putted his leg in front of it. The suspect stared running, so we followed him inside the apartment.
"You better stop, Yoon Doo Joon! Or we are going to shoot!" I said, as I pulled out my gun from the holster. Yi Xing did the same.
The suspect froze.
"Turn around!" ordered Yi Xing. Doo Joon stood for a while without moving, and when he turned around he threw a glass toward Yi Xing. The he hid behind the wall.
I got closer. "Don't run!" I yelled, but there was nobody behind the wall. ! The bastard ran again. I headed toward the room with the open door and there I saw Yoon Doo Joon, who was trying to escape by jumping over the next terrace. "Freeze!" I yelled.
"Fine! Fine!" the suspect put one of his hands up. As he returned back to his terrace he pulled out a gun and tried to shoot, but I was faster and I shot him in the leg.
" you!" shouted Doo Joon.
"Don't worry!" I said to him. "It's just a flesh one! You'll be fine!" I started to pull him.
"Good job, Charlene!" smiled Yi Xing and he grabbed Doo Joon by the other arm.