We caught him

The Shaolin Killer

"Now, tell me what did you gave to Lee Xiu Min?" asked Wu Fan with a smile ot his face, as he entered the interrogation room.
"I don't have an idea, who that Xiu Min guy is!" Doo Joon was looking really irritated.
"Here he is!" Yi Xing shoved a photo of the victim in front of the suspect's face. Doo Joon smiled a bit.
"So you are the bad cop..." he pointed at Yi Xing. "...and you are the good cop." he pointed at Wu Fan.
"No! We are the bad cop and the funny cop...It's pretty obvious which one is the funny cop, right?" asked Yi Xing with malicious smile and pointed at himself.
Wu Fan cleared his throat and looked severely at Yi Xing, whose smile disappeared immediately.
"We have video material, where we saw that you gave something to Lee Xiu Min. What was it?" Wu Fan bent over Doo Joon.
"I wont talk, without my lawyer!" the suspect smiled cheeky.
"So you gave something to Xiu Min?"
"Well, you said that you saw it on video! Then, why are you asking me?"
"We want confirmation from you!"
"Yes, I gave him something! I wont talk more without my lawyer!"
"Great!' ed Yi Xing and the he and Wu Fan went out.

"Yi Xing, call his lawyer!" said Wu Fan, as he entered in the office. "Something new?"
"We looked most of the video records from the Shaolin Killer's crime scenes. Yoon Doo Joon can be seen in all of them. I don't know how, until now the investigators hadn't seen his presence there. Also, Charlene noticed something really interesting..." Ji A looked at me, urging me to speak.
"There is another face, which is on all of the tapes...Lee Xiu Min."
"Xiu Min? The victim?" Wu Fan was amazed by the discover. "Interesting..." he scratched his chin. "Something else? Or somebody else?"
"Kang Ji Hwan - a lawyer."
"Doo Joon's lawyer. I've never doubted that he is going to be corrupted."
"Boss, Doo Joon's lawyer will arrive tomorrow." Yi Xing popped his head round the door.
"Perfect!" said Wu Fan and went back to the suspect. "Wont you tell me what did you gave to Xiu Min? It looks like you were friends."
"My lawyer..." mumbled Doo Joon.
"Tomorrow!...Did you kill Lee Xiu Min?"
"No, of course!"
"But you know who did it!"
"No...Will you stop? I wont say anything, unless my lawyer is here!"
"Lock him in the cell!" ordered Wu Fan to one of the jailers.
"What!? Wont you let me go?" shrieked Doo Joon.

Wu Fan came to the office and took his place behind his desk. He ruffled nervously his hair and took a look at his watch.
"You can go! It's late. I'll stay here for the night."
We didn't wait a minute no more and walked out the office. We were really tired and we wanted to go home as sooner as possible.
"I'm going to night-club "Lady Spade". You want to come?" asked Yi Xing as we walked out the CBI building.
"Wont you go home to sleep?"
"Charlene, dear Charlene!" he laughed and placed his hand on my shoulders. "So many girls are waiting me there. How could you think, that I'll leave them alone? They worship me!"
I took off his hand.
"Don't mind him! He was always like this!" Ji A folded hands in front of her chest.


The apartment where I live was four or five straights ahead. That's why I always walked to work, instead of using my car.
The night was calm, and the weather was nice and fresh. I the music player on my phone and I was about to put the earplugs in my ears, when I heard someone who was arguing on the phone. My curiosity took over and I lent an ear.
"I just can't believe it!" grumbled a tall man with dark hair. "When are you arriving in Beijing?...Tomorrow? Why didn't you took the private plane?" he yelled angry. Private plane? How rich you have to be to have a private plane? "Whatever! You know what to do!...I can't believe that they've got him!...Tomorrow, you go straight to him! I want you to get him out of that place! If you can't, then I want you make him confess...I'm not sure anymore that all of you know how to do your job! Gee, how you pissed me off! You ruined my night!...What are you apologizing?..." the man's voice was increasing and decreasing. What a terrible character! I'm sure that no matter the mistake of the guy on the other side of the phone he is not so guilty. How can he behave like that? He pissed me off too! I didn't wanted to listen him anymore so I put the earplugs in my ears and continued my way home.


I dreamed a dream about my home in America, also my friends there. I miss them so much! Somewhere there in my mind I saw my mother and she wanted to pinch my cheeks. "Mum, I'm not a kid..." I talked on my sleep. Suddenly the phone rang and he woke me up with a kick!
"Yeah?..." I murmured.
"Doo Joon's lawyer is here. You are living the closest to the office so come and lead the interrogation!" Wu Fan sounded really tired, but even like that he was continuing with the orders. He closed the phone before I got the chance to say something, which didn't left me with much of a choice. I put my clothes on quickly and I left.

"Good morning!" I said, as I entered the interrogation room. I knew that Wu Fan was standing right next to the other said of the glass, so if I messed up with something we would help.
"Good morning! I'm Kang Ji Hwan, Doo Joon's lawyer."
"Agent Choi." I replied and I took my place in front of them. "So, Mr. Yoon would you tell me what did you gave to Lee Xiu Min?"
"A paper..." the suspect was talking quietly.
"What was on that paper, Mr. Yoon?"
"It's not necessary to answer to that!" intruded the lawyer upon my interrogation. "As you already know, my client and the victim were close friends, so the paper content  can stay in secret."
"Very good!...Mr. Yoon, did you talk with Lee Xiu Min on the phone in the night of his murder?"
"Yes!"
"What were you talking about?"
"It's not necessary to answer!" said Kang Ji Hwan.
"For personal stuff..." replied Doo Joon.
"May I ask, what kind of personal stuff?"
"His girlfriend just died..."
"And?"
Suddenly Yi Xing entered the interrogation room. "Charlene, could you come for a moment?"
"Excuse me!" I said to Mr. Kang and Mr. Yoon and I went out.
I entered with Yi Xing in the room on the other side of the glass. Wu Fan looked like he was going to fall asleep any minute.
"As I was heading to here I went in the pathologist's surgery. It appeared that, the pathologist, Mr. Chen, found a half-grounded peace of paper in Xiu Min's stomach. The paper had been sent to the laboratory for examination and we succeeded in reading the text. It's a place and hour for a meeting."
"It looks like our suspect had made a rendezvous with the victim. Apparently, he wanted to talk with him eye-to-eye." Wu Fan was looking at the floor.
"There is more!...In the corner of the paper, there is some sort of a stamp. It looks like a tiger."
"Is really Doo Joon the Shaolin Killer?" I asked.
"It makes sense!" said Ji A. "Otherwise, why would he make a meeting with Xiu Min?"
"Go back and finish the interrogation. Take this - more information about Yoon Doo Joon." Wu Fan gave me slowly the folder.

"Mr. Yoon...You are an orphan, right?" I asked, as I entered the room.
"Yes..." it looked like that my question brought to his mind unpleasant memories, because he wrinkled his eyebrows.
"So you have a reason to kill Xiu Min? You know how the Shaolin Killer works..."
"I don't have any reason to kill my friend!" Doo Joon was getting angry.
"Silence, Doo Joon!" lisped his lawyer. "Miss Choi, your accusations are totally inappropriate!"
"I don't think so!" I said to Kang Ji Hwan. Then I quickly shoot my next question. "Mr. Yoon...I have done martial arts, right? Hmm...Taekwon-do and a bit kung-fu."
"That's correct, but..."
"Miss, can you give me a moment with my client?" lawyer Kang interrupted the suspect.
"Of course! Take your time!" I said and I left. "He's in our hands!" I smiled, as I saw my co-workers.
"He is already bending! Good job!" Wu Fan placed his hand on my shoulders, but after a second he moved it away.
Lawyer Kang made a sign that he was ready and I went back to the interrogation room.
"My client is willing to confess, but under one condition! The DA's office takes the death penalty off the table."
"Done!" my soul was in triumph. "And so... Mr. Yoon did you killed your friend - Lee Xiu Min?"
"Yes..."
"Did you killed the previous victims?"
"Yes..."
"Are you the Shaolin Killer?"
"Yes..."
"Mr. Yoon Doo Joon, with the rights given me by the law, I arrest you for the murder of Lee Xiu Min, as well as the other victims. Everything you say will be used against you in the court." As I was cuffing Doo Joon I looked at his lawyer and he seemed relieved rather than worried for his client.


 

I was really glad that finally we've got the Shaolin Killer. It was the end of the brutal serial murders. But there was something that was making me worried. I had the feeling that everything happened too quick...Oh, well! Maybe, it's Doo Joon's fault for being so clumsy as he committed his crimes.
"Let's celebrate the catching of the Shaolin Killer!" proposed Yi Xing.
"Good idea! Where should we go?" asked Wu Fan.
"Karaoke?" suggested Ji A.
"No! Let's go to "Lady Spade" !" Yi Xing jumped off his seat.