Chapter 36

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

*clears throat* GUESS WHO'S BACK, BACK AGAIN, SUNSHINE'S BACK, TELL A FRIEND. So I have a lot of explaining to do since i disappeared like...since march... of last year >_> aha my bad y'all. I don't really want to go into details about everything that's been going on cause the author notes would be longer than the chapter but long story short, slightly depressed, zero motivation, and not even gonna lie I'm lazy. So anyways did you guys miss me and Hawkelion? :D I did cause man I feel bad just leaving like I did... anywho I'm hoping to kinda get back into updating a little more regularly so that's a thing... okay well if you actually read all this than thank you and I will let you get on with reading. 

I don't think is the right color... lemme try again. Uh... sure close enough. Hi guys! I'm sorry as well, I really wanted to help her but I was useless xD But I'm so happy to be back now and also very tired from staying up last night to help so after this ima go crash. Anyways! I'm sure you missed Sunshiner bunches, I know I missed FS just as much as all of you, so I promise as soon as she finishes stuff I'll edit it as fast as i can! Here's hoping more updates to come but please forgive us if they don't, things do happen. I'll shutup now. Enjoy!

@ForeverSoshiKezh: All da SooTae! They're adorable aren't they? :D (Wooh for the giant and the midget!)

@Va_asianloverz: I hope I start updating more often. sorry about the wait :/ (As for what happens next... hehehe.... I actually don't know everything myself but I'm excited for what I do know)

@Dhino_ss: You're going to be very happy after this chapter xD Sorry it took so long to update this. (I'm just extatic I get to help again :D)

@yojemchingu: Aw but if they fight there won't be any peace in Seoul and I'm pretty sure Taengoo wants to keep the peace. Especially after what she just found out last chapter don't you think? O_o (LET THEM FIGHT! LET THEM FIGHT! LET THEM FIGHT!)

@creamcarlton: Sorry it took so long :/ (I too am sorry)

@Shtap1T: Pfft you asked for taeny get ready for all the fluff in the world... not really cause this is kinda a dark fic considering they kill people but wishful thinking right? :D  (Idk you've gone soft lately Sunshiner, like people still die but all da fluff! :P)

@SiamSiami: I'll try to now! (Here's hoping!)

@kimfany09:It took a while but here it is! Also your name is amazing I love it (Better late than never!)

@Beetlebee: Better late than never ey? (I shoulda read all your comments before adding my stuff cuz now look at me I've made things awkward)

 

Before you read by the way!! I did a time skip to the Gee era! Just thought I'd give you a heads up :D


The opening door echoed in the oddly quiet practice room causing the nine women who were currently taking a break to look up at the man who had just entered.

“Taeyeon, Lee Sooman wants to have a quick word with you.” Taeyeon’s manager said, motioning her to the door. The eight other members looked up as the eldest made her way out of the practice room.

“You girls continue to practice, I’ll return Taeyeon as soon as she’s out of her meeting.” he said, attempting to alleviate the confused looks he had noticed on the other girls faces before following Taeyeon out of the room.

 

Taeyeon lightly knocked on the large door leading to Sooman’s office. Not soon after the door was opened by Sooman himself.

“Taeyeon, nice to see you again. Please, come in and have a seat.” Sooman said, shutting the door behind the short woman before taking a seat behind his desk.

“So, how are things with you and the girls and how are rehearsals coming along? From what I hear you all have been doing very well in learning the dance and your vocals are great.” he complimented, smiling at the woman.

“We’re all getting along fine, sir. We’ve been working very hard on this comeback.” Taeyeon replied quietly.

“I’m happy to hear that. Anyways, more to the point, the reason I wanted to speak with you is you all will start filming the music video soon. We’ve found the male lead and I wanted you to spend some time with him, kind of get used to being around each other. Tell him about the video and explain his role.” Sooman said leaning back in his chair with a smile on his face.

“Yes sir. When is this supposed to happen? Meeting with him, I mean?” Taeyeon asked sitting up in her chair.

“I’ll send him to your dorm tonight at 7. Maybe you can go out and eat or something. I don’t want him to be uncomfortable around you because that will ruin the video.” the old man said, nodding his head.

“Yes sir. Is that all you needed to tell me?” Taeyeon asked, getting ready to stand up and leave.

“Actually I have a question for you. I heard you don’t like this comeback, is that true?” he asked, leaning forward in his chair. Taeyeon contemplated lying but knew there was really no point with Sooman.

“Ah, I’m not a big fan of it. No offense, sir.” the shorter woman admitted, looking down.

“None taken… Anyways, I believe that’s all. You may go back to rehearsals. And don’t forget, 7 tonight!” he said, standing to let the woman out of his office.




 

Later that night at the dorm the eight members sat around the livingroom watching tv. Looking up from the bag of chips in her hand Yoona broke the silence between them.

“Where’s Taeyeon unnie?” she asked, looking around the livingroom.

“Minho-ssi came and picked her up about an hour ago.” Seohyun replied, glancing up from the book she was reading.

“Where’d they go? I didn’t know she was going out with him.” Yuri inquired, looking over at Seohyun.

“She didn’t say. She just said she would probably be back late tonight.” the youngest said as she looked back at her book to continue reading.

“Oh well I’m glad she’s finally getting out mo-” Yuri began, but was cut off when Tiffany suddenly stood up.

“I-I’m going to bed. See you all in the morning.” she sputtered, quickly making her way to her room. Sooyoung nudged Jessica and motioned to Tiffany who was quickly retreating.

“Do you think she’s jealous that Taeng went out with Minho?” the taller woman whispered.

“Definitely. I swear if those two don’t get together soon I will personally lock them in a closet together.” Jessica grumbled, resting her head on Sooyoung’s shoulder.

 

 

While waiting for the last part of the new music video to be shot the nine women scattered around the set relaxing for a minute. Seohyun walked around with a few bottles of water in hand offering them to the other 8 members. When she got to the leader she was shocked to see tears welled up in the eldests eyes.

“Taeyeon unnie are you okay? Are you hurt?” she asked in a panic, dropping to her knees to check on the shorter woman, causing Sooyoung, Jessica, and Yoona to gather around them.

“N-no I’m fine Maknae don’t worry. “ Taeyeon replied, mildly embarrassed that the others were staring at her.

“Yah, unnie there must be something wrong to make you cry.” Yoona spoke up, moving to sit next to the leader.

“It’s nothing serious, you guys really don’t have to worry…” Taeyeon insisted, lowering her face down to avoid eye contact with everyone.

“Taeng don’t lie to us. Please tell us what’s wrong.” Sooyoung pressed, taking a seat next to Yoona.

“I-I really don’t like this song… I-I mean what if it’s as big of a failure as our debut? I hate this song so much, why couldn’t we get a better one?!” Taeyeon exclaimed, burying her head in her hands.

“I’m going to go ask manager oppa if we can have another 10 minutes… I’ll be right back.” Seohyun muttered before dashing off to the other side of the set. Jessica looked around to make sure no one could hear their conversation before going to kneel in front of the older woman.

“What’s wrong with you? Where is the badass vampire Kim Taeyeon who didn’t cry and breakdown every 5 minutes? Tae, you gotta get over this crying thing…You’re acting like a spoiled little kid who didn’t get her way.” she said, making the older woman look up at her.

“I-I just don’t want to fail again… If this comeback fails do you think SM is going to want to keep us? We’ll all lose our jobs just because of how terrible this song is!” Taeyeon cried, rubbing her temples in an attempt to calm down.

“Stop thinking that way Taeng. For one our debut wasn’t a failure and I don’t know why you think it was… and even if this comeback is a complete flop at least you can say we tried. Now, no more moping around and crying! Slap a smile on your face and lets finish this video!” Sooyoung demanded with a bright smile on her face as she dragged the older woman over to fix her makeup.

 

Tiffany walked out of her room looking around at the other members and immediately noticed Taeyeon was missing from the group.

“Where’s Taeyeon?” she asked, grabbing the other 7 girls attention. Sunny looked up from the game she was playing to answer.

“Don’t know, she left about 30 minutes ago. She didn’t say where she was going or when she’d be back.” she said shortly.

“She knows she’s supposed to tell someone when she goes out! What kind of a leader is she? Whatever, I’m going to go out and get some fresh air it’s getting stuffy in here...” Tiffany grumbled as she made her way to the door. Jessica and Sooyoung gave each other knowing looks, snickering to themselves.

“What’s so funny you two?” Hyoyeon asked, raising an eyebrow at the two women.

“She’s going out to try and find Taeng.” Sooyoung explained with a smile on her face.

“How do you know that unnies?” Seohyun inquired, looking up from her book.

“Come on Joohyun, she was asking where Taeng was before she left. Where else would she be going?” Jessica asked, looking over at the youngest.

“That makes sense.” Seohyun said simply before going back to reading her book. The room passed back into comfortable silence for a short time before Yoona noticed the time on the clock.

“Oh, Yuri you’re going to be late if you don’t leave soon.” she pointed out. Yuri stretched languidly, sitting up and removing herself from Yoona’s side.

“Yeah you’re right, I better get going. See you all in a bit.” she said as she kissed Yoona’s forehead and grabbed a coat before heading to the door.


 

Tiffany wandered the empty streets, unbothered by the cold chill of the night air despite the then fabric of her jacket, searching for Taeyeon.
    “Where are you midget…” she mumbled to herself just a moment before a familiar scent caught her attention. Quietly stalking towards the scent she caught sight of two figures walking together towards a restaurant. One of them she immediately recognized as Minho and and the second was a woman who was now tying her shoe Her face and general appearance obscured by her hunched body and Minho standing partly in the way, but from the scent she deduced it was Taeyeon.

“S-she’s still going out with him?” she whispered to herself, clenching her jaw. Pulling her closer around her body Tiffany made her way back to the dorm in silence.

 

 

The dorms front door quietly opened as Taeyeon stepped inside, trying not to wake any of the other members.

“Did you have a nice date tonight?” a voice inquired, startling the older woman. Spinning around towards the voice she was met with a very disgruntled looking Tiffany.

“Tippany?! You scared me, why are you out here alone? It’s late, you should be asleep.” Taeyeon said, taking her shoes off.

“You didn’t answer me Tae. I asked, did you have a nice date with your little boy toy?” Tiffany pressed, glaring at the older woman.

“Tippany, what are you talking about?”  Taeyeon asked, walking past Tiffany and into the livingroom.

“Don’t play stupid with me. I know you were out with him again! I thought after the music video was shot you’d stay away from him, but nooo you’ve been out seeing him quite often lately, haven’t you? So tell me… Is he your boyfriend now?” the younger brunette asked, following the shorter woman.

“Miyoung, I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about… I wasn’t out with anyone.” Taeyeon insisted calmly, taking a seat on the couch.

“Quit playing stupid, I saw you out with Minh-”just as Tiffany was about to scream at the older woman the dorm door opened once again and shortly after Yuri walked through the kitchen into the living room.

“Hey, what are you two doing out here?” Yuri asked, looking over at the two older women.

“I should be asking you that? Where were you?” Taeyeon asked, eyeing the woman.

“Oh, Minho and I went out to grab something to eat. I told Yoona to tell you I was going to be out but I guess she must have forgotten. Oh by the way Taeng, I grabbed your jacket by mistake.” Yuri said, handing the older woman her jacket before making her way towards her bedroom.

“She’s okay with you going out with him?” the eldest asked, watching the younger woman walk away.

“Minho and I are just friends and she knows that. I don’t know why she’d be upset about me going out with him. Anyways, I’m going to bed see you both in the morning.” the tall woman said before disappearing into her room. Tiffany gulped, waiting for what was inevitably coming. Taeyeon turned back to her slowly with a much to amused smirk.

“So Pany, you were saying?” Tiffany put her hands on her face and groaned in embarrassment. Taeyeon laughed, grabbing the younger woman by the arm lightly and tugging her to sit next to her.

“I take it you had a night full of stalking Yuri?” the older woman asked, still snickering to herself.

“Shut up Kim Taeyeon.” Tiffany groaned, her face still in her hands.

“So I have to know… If that was me... why were you following me around all night? I thought you didn’t like me?” the older woman asked, turning her body to face the younger.

“I wasn’t following you… I… You left and didn’t tell anyone you were leaving so I was going to catch you and yell at you for not telling anyone you left… Yeah, that’s what I was doing…” Tiffany said, nodding her head and trying, but failing, to look convincing.

“Fany-ah, I know you’re lying to me…” Taeyeon said smirking at the younger woman.

“I-I’m not lying!” the brunette insisted, looking away to avoid the older woman eyes.

“Clearly you’ve forgotten I can read your mind. Also, you’re a horrible liar.” the older woman pointed out between snickers. The extremely flustered younger woman stood up and started to retreat to her room to avoid further embarrassment just as Taeyeon reached out and took hold of her wrist.

“Pany, I think we need to have a serious talk…” she said, pulling the younger woman to sit back down. Making sure Tiffany didn’t look like she was going to bolt again, she continued.

“Why are you acting like this Pany? You went from hating my guts, to wondering where I am and who I’m with, to acting jealous when you thought I had gone out with Minho… I honestly want to know what’s wrong.” the older woman said softly.

“S-stop acting like you even care… You may have fooled everyone else for the past 2 years… B-but I-I’m not stupid, I don’t believe you’ve changed… y-you’re still the heartless monster that ruined all of our lives…” Tiffany muttered in a small voice, avoiding looking at the older woman.

“Now see, you’re lying to me again… I know you don’t think that anymore. And come on I haven’t touched maknae and don’t ever plan on it…” Taeyeon said, crossing her arms, her eyes still boring into the other woman.

“You’re one to keep calling me a liar miss ‘I’m never going to tell anyone I’m actually 126 years old or tell the members I secretly have feelings for one of them.’” Tiffany quipped, turning and glaring at the older woman.

“H-how did you know that…?” Taeyeon asked, eyes widening.

“Clearly you’ve forgotten I can read your mind… You used to block your mind constantly, but look who just made a slip up. ” Tiffany mocked, rolling her eyes.

“To be fair we haven’t actually had a civil conversation between the two of us for the past 2 years…” Taeyeon argued back.

“You’re a vampire that’s been around for 126 years and you don’t remember stuff from 2 years ago? 2 years should seem like yesterday for you.” Tiffany said chuckling to herself.

“Yah, you don’t have to keep reminding me how old I am! And yes, fine I admit it I have a horrible memory. So what?” Taeyeon said, pouting like a little kid. Tiffany started to laugh softly.

“What’s so funny? Do you enjoy making fun of me?” Taeyeon asked raising an eyebrow at the other woman.

“You looked kinda c-uh n-nevermind…” Tiffany cut herself off, looking away shyly.

“So Pany-ah, can we start over? No more arguing and fighting?” Taeyeon asked hopefully. Tiffany smiled a little while nodding her head. Taeyeon smiled back showing the dimple in her chin.

“So, who is it?” Tiffany asked, changing the subject and looking down at her lap avoiding eye contact with the other woman.

“Who is who?” Taeyeon asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

“Who’s the member you like… I-is it Jessi? I always see you two talking… and if it’s not and you don’t want to tell me that’s fine too…” Tiffany rambled, looking up from her lap.

“I thought you said you could read my mind? You should know who it is…” Taeyeon teased with a small smirk on her face that went unnoticed by the younger woman.

“I can only read it when you’re guard is down… a-and I didn’t get to find out who it was… But like I said if you don’t want to tell me it’s totally fine…I’m just curious...” Tiffany mumbled meekly, looking back at her lap to avoid the older woman’s stare.

“Yeah, I do like one of the members…” Taeyeon admitted, causing the younger woman to look up at her.

 “And you’re very close to her.” she continued, biting back a smile.

“You like Yuri?!” Tiffany almost bellowed with wide eyes. Taeyeon blankly stared at the younger woman for a few seconds before bursting out laughing.

“No pabo! It’s you!” Taeyeon exclaimed, trying to catch her breath from laughing.

“M-me?” Tiffany asked slightly agape. Sensing the awkward atmosphere Taeyeon cleared .

“I-I mean…uh… n-no it’s not Yuri…” Taeyeon backpedaled, now suddenly the one avoiding the other's gaze.

“Y-you like me?” Tiffany asked again softly, more to herself than Taeyeon. The older woman started to fiddle her fingers nervously.

“I-I’m sorry Pany, I shouldn’t have said anything.” she said in a low voice.

“So you like me even though I’ve done nothing but fight and argue with you? H-how long have you felt like this?” she asked, staring at the older woman. Taeyeon put her face in her hands.

“About a year and a half…” she mumbled into her hands.

“Kim Taeyeon look at me.” Tiffany demanded, glaring at the smaller woman.

“Look it was stupid of me to say that, I-I have no right to feel this way a-and I know you’re straight and I-I… Look I’m sorry, okay? I started this friendship off horrible.” Taeyeon said, rambling off the first thing that came to her mind.

“You don’t know anything about me Ta-” Tiffany began but was cut off by an enraged shout echoing throughout the dorm.

“WE GET IT YOU’RE BOTH MADLY IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER NOW IF YOU TWO DON’T KISS AND GET IT OVER WITH I’M GOING TO COME IN THERE AND IT WILL NOT BE PRETTY!” Sooyoung hollered, surprising both women, unable to look at each other they decided the floor would be a better focal point in order to contain their embarrassment. A door slam echoed down the hall forcing the two to look back up at each other in surprise. Panicking, Taeyeon leaned over and smashed their lips together, catching the younger woman completely off guard. Before either could process what was happening they were interrupted by small cough.

“U-unnies, when you uh finish in here be sure to turn out the lights… I-I’ll just be going now.” Seohyun muttered, an obvious blush crossing her face before turning to walk back to her room. Hearing the youngest member broke the two apart.

“S-seohyun, I-I can expla-” but before Taeyeon could form a sentence the youngest woman’s door shut. Realization quickly set in when the older woman faced a speechless Tiffany once again.

“P-pany, I’m s-sorry I thought it w-was Sooyoung and I-I panicked…” Taeyeon said, slowly backing away from the brunette. Tiffany blinked and turned to face the older woman.

“I’m really sorry Fany don’t hate me aga-“ Tiffany cut the older woman off.

“Y-you kissed me… because you w-were afraid of S-Sooyoung?” she asked, bringing her hand up to touch her lips.

“Y-you kissed me in fear of someone that you’re more powerful than? Taeyeon that doesn’t make sense.” Tiffany pointed out, furrowing her eyebrows.Taeyeon’s gaze returned to the floor to avoid eye contact and mumbled something softly to herself.

“I can’t hear you… speak up and tell me what the hell just happened.” Tiffany demanded, scooting closer to the older woman.

“I-I thought it was a good excuse to kiss you?” Taeyeon whispered, hardly loud enough for the younger woman to hear. A small smile spread across Tiffany’s face.

“Excuse to kiss me? Taeyeon look at me…” Tiffany insisted, nudging the older woman’s arm. Taeyeon hesitantly looked up, fully expecting to be slapped. Instead her eyes widened  when Tiffany grabbed her face and pressed their lips together once again in another, much gentler kiss. After a few seconds the two broke apart with small smiles gracing both their faces.

“S-so what does this mean?” Taeyeon asked looking the younger one in the eyes.

“You can read my mind pabo, what do you think it means?” Tiffany said showing off her eyesmile at the older woman.

“O-okay so you like me, I like you. D-does this mean we’re dating then?” Taeyeon asked, looking down shyly. Loud footsteps could be heard marching towards the living room where the two were at.

“For the love of God you two it’s 3 am! Yes you’re dating congratulations, now please go to bed! I know we don’t need sleep but it’s still a nice thing to have! Also Sica still gets cranky without it and I’m the one who has to deal with that!” Sooyoung complained in a whiney voice, causing the two in the living room to giggle.

“Okay mom. we’ll go to bed no need to be so cranky.” Tiffany teased, sticking her tongue out at the younger woman. Sooyoung rolled her eyes and turned to go back to her room before stopping and turning her head to the older woman.

“But really are you two actually dating or what?” she asked waiting for a definite answer. The two older women looked at each other, unable to contain their smiles.

“I think we’ll give it a try. I-I mean if it doesn’t work out we can just shrug it off and pretend it never happened…” Taeyeon said, looking at Tiffany for confirmation. The younger woman nodded and turned back to Sooyoung who was still in the hallway.

“Finally… Now seriously please go to bed we have an early morning schedule.” Sooyoung insisted, turning to go back to her room. Taeyeon and Tiffany giggled to themselves as they watched the younger woman walk away.

“Do you want to go out for a bit so we don’t make any noise to wake her up again?” Taeyeon asked in a low voice looking back over at the brunette. Tiffany bit her lip before nodding. The two women quietly made their way out of the dorm going unnoticed by everyone.


So I hope you liked the chapter as usual please comment, subscribe, and all the fun stuff. I really do love hearing from you guys it really helps me write for some reason. Any who I'll see you in the next update. Big things are soon to come! Awesome things! I'm so excited :D And also brace yourselves for emotions and maybe get your angry mob formed early? Who knows guess we'll see :D God I'm friggin tired. Everyone have a great rest of your weekend ^_^

I friggin tried to fix the format but I'm to tired for this I'll try again later