Chapter 31

Fractured Soul (Hiatus)

Wow it's only been like 2 months since I've updated. I'm really bad at this... Erm Sooo I guess to make up for me not writing this chapter is kinda long... >_> Not really... I promise to try to write more often and get more chapters out sooner... um anywho I just want you all to be prepared for the next chapter cause I'm gonna be doing a small time skip, cause I don't know about you but I feel like this story is dragging when I just do this day to day stuff. So I'm gonna work on fixing that :D Uh I'll let you get to it then... So byeeee (Not Grace) and stuff :P

And Hiiii! This chapter was done like 3-4 days ago actually but I was so busy editing took much longer than it should've I'm sorry D: Anyways hopefully this time skip thing will help her write faster, I'll keep encouraging her too so hopefuly the next chapter won't take as long. Maybe just a month this time ;P Enjoy :D

@tipco09: Oh no Taeyeon has a... dead non beating heart xD Cause I mean she's dead... All her anatomy is human so she has a heart :D

@LightningBender: How does that remind you of hyde xD I mean I love the song and MV but we were fighting over a youtuber xD (Can I be the Hyde half?) And yeah well when ISN'T Sooyoung in deep :P It's hard for her not to be when Sica's so clingy...

@Va_asianloverz: Like I said it only took me overa month >_> Really sorry about that... (ONLY she says)

@kurizlin: Now this wouldn't be any fun if there wasn't a little drama in the Soosica relationship :P ehehe (And TaeNy. And SunByung. The only current official couple that haven't had any problems is YoonYul....)

@Rainedrop: I was actually thinking you may be a bit upset cause I temporarily broke Soosica apart...  this chapters probably going to make it worse xD So sorry... (It's okay I've attracted most of her rage onto me you're all good xD) and Taeyeon caring >_> Pfft what is this madness you speak of? Anywho don't be too mad at me... Eventually Soosica may work things out... no promises :P And don't hate me for recent things >_> Anyways don't worry I'd never let her break of SooSica :D

@keipapjjang: You commented litterally like 10 minutes before I posted this so Sunshiner hasn't seen your comment yet but HIIIIII welcome and we're glad you're loving it so far ^_^

All of my other commenters left TT_TT *yells into bowl of ice water* comments.... come back!

 

You're welcome for the gif :P Seriously though the comments make our day so pllllleeeease?


Early the next morning, the girl’s manager walked into the dorm to wake the nine members.

“Time to get up and go to school!” he shouted throughout the dorm. Loud groans of disappointment and general grumpiness could be heard coming from each room. Moments later Jessica appeared, running at the man and tackling him to the ground.

“WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT 5:30 IN THE MORNING?!” Jessica screamed holding the man on the floor by his neck.

“J-Jessica, I didn’t know you were this strong. C-could you kindly get off me?” The man asked in a calm tone, hoping the raging woman would calm down. Yuri walked up to the two, pulling Jessica off of the man with relative ease.

“Sica, calm down.” she said letting to older woman go.

“Calm down?! He thinks he has the right to come in here and interrupt my sleep!?” Jessica hissed, glaring at the taller woman.

“Unnie’s what’s going on?” Seohyun asked, walking out from her room.

“Ask HIM!” Jessica yelled, pointing at the man who was picking himself off of the ground.

“Oppa, is there something wrong?” Seohyun asked, turning her attention to the man.

“Nothing is wrong; I just came to tell you all something important. Gather everyone and meet me in here in 5 minutes.” the man said, dusting off his pants.

 

 

“You’re kidding me right? A television show? You woke me up for this!?” Jessica said, glaring at the man as she rested her head on Yuri’s shoulder.

“The president wanted this, so I’m sorry but there is no backing out.” their manager said, trying to look stern while avoiding looking at Jessica.

“So not only do we have to look and act 18 and 19 years old, but we also have to deal with cameras following us around? Seriously?” Yoona asked, crossing her arms.

“I’m sorry but it’s all an act for publicity. He wants the perfect girl group. If I could I would stop it, but I don’t have that authority.” the man said, giving Yoona and apologetic look.

“They’re not going to follow us to the bathroom or anything right?” Yuri asked, looking genuinely worried.

“No, no, no, of course not. We would never allow that. They’re just going to follow you to practice, and when you 'first move into the dorm', and other stuff like that, including some other things that will be discussed once everything has been confirmed. Just try to act like you’re all close in front of the camera, even if you aren’t very fond of each other at the moment.” the man said, trying to sound positive.

“We have to get along like best friends in front of the cameras?” Taeyeon asked, quirking an eyebrow.

“Yes. I know right now you all aren’t getting along very well, but hopefully this will bring you all closer together.” he said with a reassuring smile on his face. Or an attempt at one. Yuri scoffed.

“Yeah, like that will happen.” she said, rolling her eyes.

“You have to try, your jobs depend on it. They’ll fall in love with your concept if you seem unified. I mean if the public sees a bunch of girls bickering and fighting all the time, what makes you think they’re going to want to see your debut?” the man questioned. The nine members slowly shook their heads.

“That’s what I thought. Now Taeyeon, please go get yourself ready. You have a meeting with Sooman in an hour.” the man said looking at his wrist watch.

“What did I do now?” Taeyeon asked, exasperation obvious in her voice as she began to stand up.

“Not sure, he just requested an appointment with you today.” the man said as he sat back in his chair.

“Now hurry up.” he said, pointing towards the bathroom.

 

 

“You know you didn’t have to come with me, right?” Taeyeon asked Sunny who was sitting next to her in the waiting area.

“Just because everyone else hates you right now doesn't means I do.  Plus, I wanted to come.” Sunny replied with a bright smile.

“Well thanks.” Taeyeon said with a small smile of her own.

“Kim Taeyeon, you may go in now.” the secretary said from behind her desk.

“Good luck. Tell me if my uncle gives you any trouble” Sunny said nudging Taeyeon’s arm and winking. Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the shorter woman before standing and walking into Sooman’s office.

“Hello sir.” Taeyeon said as soon as she stepped foot in his office, while bowing at the man.

“Please take a seat.” he said, motioning for the woman to sit down. She did as she was told, sitting across from the man. He eyed her for a minute before speaking again.

“So, I take it all is well with you and the rest of the girls?” he asked, sitting back in his chair, the tips of his fingers pressed together in front of him.

“Y-yes sir. Never better. We are all excited about the debut.” Taeyeon said, smiling at the man trying to lie convincingly.

“Not what I meant, my dear.” he said, earning him a look of confusion from Taeyeon.

“Let me rephrase question. How are you and my little 'vampire shi dae doing'?” he asked with a knowing smile. Taeyeon’s eyes widened involuntarily. If she had a heart it would be racing at that moment, she couldn't believe she'd been found out.

“E-excuse me sir, what was that?” the woman asked, trying to act innocent.

“That is one of the reasons I hired you.” he said, looking at the still confused woman.

“I wanted the perfect girl group. Vampires make ideal idols, with your eternal youth, as well as your fantastic voice, I hoped you could make this girl group great” he continued.

“B-but how-” Taeyeon began but was immediately cut off.

“I know everything about all of you. Every single little detail. I could tell you were a vampire almost from the moment I laid eyes on you. But don’t worry, I am no threat.” he said smiling, at Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn't know how to respond so she could only stare at the man wide eyed, so Sooman decided to continue.

“So... how many have you... changed? I noticed Miyoung, Sooyeon, Sooyoung, and Hyoyeon all look... different.” he said, quirking an eyebrow at the woman.

“S-sir you actually expected me to change them into vampires like me?” Taeyeon asked incredulous, giving the man a look of disgust.

“No, no not at all. But since you did there’s nothing I can do to change it, and I certainly don't object to it, though covering up all the spontaneous deaths is getting a little bothersome.” he said with a morbid smile.

“Just... lay off the others. Especially my niece.” he continued with a smirk on his face.

“I-I, w-well,  y-you see she-” Taeyeon began but was once again cut off.

“I’m kidding Taeyeon, I already know.” he said, chuckling at the woman’s reaction.

"O-oh." was all she could manage to get out.

“Now, I do have a few issues we need to discuss.” he said, quickly turning serious. Taeyeon nodded, waiting for him to continue.

“First off, you need an audition tape. We can't make it seem like you just came from nowhere with no past training, my niece will already be taking a ton of fire from that we can't have it for the leader as well even if it is true. After you are done here I’m sending you to go make one. Second, the others aren’t to know about this and I am serious about touching those other three, don’t you dare. I want to keep them pure and innocent. Are we understood?” He asked.

“Yes sir.” Taeyeon said nodding to the man’s question.

"Third, soon we will need to come up with a cover story of how and when you joined and your history as a trainee, but don't worry I'll handle that all you'll need to do is remember it. And lastly, I’ve noticed tension between you and the other girls. That must stop, immediately. I will not have your chances at becoming Korea's greatest girl group marred by petty infighting.” he said, receiving another nod from Taeyeon.

“Alright, that’s all I needed to discuss. Now you have an audition tape to make. And so you know before you get there, I sent in a makeup artist to make you look about 15, that way you've had about 4-5 years of training in the public eye. So please get going so I can call and tell him you're on your way.” Sooman said, motioning for the woman to leave.

“Yes sir.” Taeyeon said before standing, bowing, and exiting the room.

“Jeez it’s about time Taengoo! What took so long?” Sunny asked, running up to the older woman as soon as she walked through the door back into the waiting area.

“Nothing important. Manager oppa is going to have to drop you off back at the dorm, I have something I have to do okay?” Taeyeon asked as the two walked towards the van with their manager.

“Okay Taengoo. Whatever you say.” Sunny said, skipping ahead of the older woman.


 

“Hey Sunny!” Yuri said as the shorter woman walked into the dorm.

“Oh, hey guys.” Sunny replied. She noticed that most of the other girls had gathered around in the living room.

“Come join us!” Yoona said, patting the spot next to her. Sunny shrugged and sat next to the younger woman.

“We were just having a mini meeting.” Seohyun said, filling Sunny in on what was happening.

“Oh really? About what?” Sunny asked, now paying full attention.

“Don’t get mad, because we know you're friends with her, but it's about Taeyeon.” Yuri said, looking past Yoona at the shorter woman.

“What did she do this time?” Sunny asked, sitting back on her hands.

“She’s so weird! Last night when we we’re all in bed, I could have sworn I saw her jump out the window!” Yoona said looking at the other members.

“Yoona if she did that she would probably be dead right now. No human could survive a drop like that and live to tell about it. You must have been dreaming.” Hyoyeon said, chuckling at the younger woman.

“I hate to say it but Hyoyeon’s right. I’m sorry Yoong. There’s no way she would have been in her bed this morning if you'd really seen that.” Yuri said, patting the woman on her back lightly.

“I guess it doesn't make much sense, does it? It just seemed so real.” Yoona said, crossing her legs and looking down in embarrassment.

“It’s okay Yoona, it was just a dream. No need to be embarrassed.” Sooyoung said patting the woman on her knee.

“Tiffany unnie, are you okay?” Seohyun asked noticing Tiffany hasn’t spoken at all.

“Yeah I’m fine, and don’t worry Yoona, you’re not crazy. I think she’s a freak too.” Tiffany said, smiling at the younger woman.

“Maybe we shouldn’t be talking about Taeyeon unnie like this. It’s not really fair to her.” Seohyun said, trying to defend Taeyeon.

“Seohyun, you can’t tell us you don’t find her a bit weird. Not to mention she's disrespectful, has has a bad attitude, and is just plain nasty at times.” Yuri said, quirking an eyebrow at the younger woman. Seohyun remained quiet.

“So what if she is?” Sunny said speaking up.

“Sunny you don’t need to stand up for her, we all know she’s a freak of nature.” Tiffany said harshly, glaring at the older woman.

“What’s wrong with you? You were completely enamored with her a few days ago, now suddenly you’re acting like she’s the bane of your existence!” Sunny exclaimed, standing up and pointing at Tiffany accusingly. Yuri, Yoona, and Seohyun turned to look at Tiffany.

“Unnie, is that true?” Yoona asked raising her eyebrows.

“Whoa Tiff, you have a thing for her?” Yuri asked right after Yoona.

“Shut up, no I don’t. How could anyone love something like her?” Tiffany shot back while glaring at them.

“Wow Tiffany. Just, wow.” Sunny said before turning to leave the room.

“Where the hell are you going?” Tiffany asked, watching Sunny retreat towards the front door.

“If you’re just going to complain about her and not confront her about you’re problems with her to her face then I’m leaving. I don’t need to be part of your juvenile hating on Taengoo group!” Sunny shouted at the woman before leaving the dorm, slamming the door behind her.

“M-maybe Sunny unnie is right?” Seohyun stutered after Sunny was gone.

“What are you talking about. You and I both know she doesn't belong in this group.” Tiffany said, crossing her arms.

“Jeez Tiff, I know we’re all having issues getting along with her, but you don’t have to act this harshly towards her.” Jessica said, reprimanding the younger woman.

“Whatever. I’m going to my room.” Tiffany grumbled, standing up and walking towards her and Seohyun’s shared room.  Just as Tiffany’s door shut, the front door opened revealing a curious looking Taeyeon.

“Any idea as to why Sunkyu is walking down the street alone?” She asked, looking around at the remaining members in the living room. After no one answered Taeyeon sighed.

“Alright, fine. But we need to have a group meeting and I want everyone here.” she said, looking at the six women in the room.

“I’ll go get Tiffany unnie.” Yoona volunteered, standing up to go to the older woman’s room.

“Hold on, I’ll call Sunny.” Sooyoung added, pulling out her phone.

 

 

After all the members were seated around the living room floor, Taeyeon began to speak.

“Alright, I think we all know we have some issues we need to work out.” she said, looking at each member.

“I know we aren’t getting along very well and I, as your leader, would like to change that. So, um... let’s begin by you all telling me what your issues are.” she continued.

“What is with you? You come home after a few hours and finally start acting like a leader. Did they brainwash you while you were gone?” Jessica asked as she leaned her head on Yuri’s shoulder once again, earning earning a not so subtle glance from Sooyoung.

“No, but I should start acting more like the leader, don’t you think?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah, it’s about time.” Yuri muttered to herself.

“What was that Yuri?” Taeyeon asked turning her attention to the tan woman even though she had heard her perfectly. Yuri looked away without answering. Taeyeon sighed while rubbing her temples before talking again.

“I know we aren’t getting along right now, and most, if not all, of you, really dislike me right now. But like it or not, we're all in this together. And starting tomorrow when all of those cameras show up we are going to be the best new girl group in South Korea, so we need to act like like it or else it won't be true.” Taeyeon said, giving each other girl a stern look.

“Am I understood?” Taeyeon asked, her tone matching the look she had given them in. She received a nod from each member, except for Tiffany who instead was staring at an apparently particularly interesting piece of wall.

“Is there a problem, Stephanie?” Taeyeon asked the woman.

“I just don’t want to be under the leadership of someone like you is all.” Tiffany spat, rolling her eyes as she stood up and began to walk towards her room once again.

“Unnie, the meeting isn’t over!” Yoona shouted after the older woman but Tiffany had already slammed the door.

“It’s okay Yoona, I’ll go talk to her; you all can go back to whatever you were doing.” Taeyeon muttered before standing to walk to Tiffany’s room. After Taeyeon left, Sooyoung stood up to her feet.

“Well, I'm hungry. I’m going to go get something to eat, anyone want to join me? Sica?” she asked looking at the older woman with a hopeful smile.

“No, I’m fine.” Jessica answered boredly, not moving from her spot.

“I’ll go with you Soo.” Yuri said, causing Jessica to sit up and let the younger woman go.

“Me too unnie!” Yoona said as she stood next to Yuri, grabbing her arm.

“I’ll go too unnie." Seohyun said, standing next to Sooyoung.

“Okay. Sica, do you want me to bring you anything back?” Sooyoung asked in a caring tone.

“If I was hungry I would go with you, don’t you think? Just leave already, stop waisting time. ” Jessica replied in a cold tone.

“O-okay, we’ll be back soon.” Sooyoung said, her happy demeanor deflating in a matter of seconds. Trying to save face she left with the other women before anything else could be said.

“Jeez Jessica, I thought you two were together.” Hyoyeon said, looking over at the woman.

“It doesn't seem like it anymore.” Jessica replied shrugging her shoulders while trying to mask her sadness.

“We’ll if you treat her like that, no wonder.” Sunny said, raising her eyebrows at the slightly older woman.

“Like you said Sunny, I’m the only one even trying in this relationship. I’m tired of it. I just need to feel like it's mutual and not just me...” Jessica said looking down at the floor.

“Is it because she’s not trying, or is it because you have feelings for Yuri?” Hyoyeon asked with a smirk on her face. Jessica looked back up at her with disgust.

“Ew no! That would be like ! That’s gross!” she shouted as she glared at the younger woman.

“Come on Jessica, I’ve seen how you’ve been clinging to Yuri since your and Sooyoung’s issues started.” Hyoyeon said slightly nudging the older woman, enjoying teasing her immensely.

“No, you're misunderstanding what you're seeing. For one thing, Yuri already has Yoona and I can tell they really love each other, I would never get between that. And the only reason I get along so well with Yuri isn’t because I love her. It’s because she reminds me of SooJung, and lately I’ve been missing her.” Jessica explained, rolling her eyes at Hyoyeon.

“So what are you going to do about Sooyoung?” Sunny asked, trying to keep the two from arguing.

“That’s up to her. I’ve done my part. I love her, but there’s only so much a person can take. Now she needs to prove herself to me.” Jessica said with a sad smile.

“Sooyoung will figure it out, don't you worry about it right now. She'll come through and you two will be back to normal in no time.” Sunny said giving Jessica a reassuring pat on her leg.

 

 

“Get out of my room.” Tiffany growled, glaring at the woman standing in her doorway.

“Look I know you don’t like me right now, and I really don’t like you either, but remember these other girls want a bright future in a music career. So you can continue hating me all you want, but it up when the cameras are around okay?” Taeyeon asked, returning the.

“I don’t have to listen to you.” Tiffany shot back, refusing to back down.

“Why are you so ing hard headed?!” Taeyeon shouted, advancing on the woman.

“I SAID GET OUT!” Tiffany shouted as she tried to push the older woman back out the door. Taeyeon's control broke and with a snarl she grabbed the younger woman and slammed her against the nearest wall. Tiffany stared at her wide eyed, startled by Taeyeon's forcefulness.

“This has nothing to do with me, I’m telling you to do this for the other members! Why are you being so stubborn?!" Taeyeon shouted staring the younger girl in the eyes.

“Why do you suddenly care?!” Tiffany shouted back, trying to shove the older woman off of her.

“I don’t. I just don’t want to ruin this for them! They have been working their asses off waiting to debut and I’m not going to be the reason they don’t get to live their dream!” Taeyeon said slightly glaring at the younger woman.

“It’s funny, one minute you hate everyone and the next you actually care about the members. You are unbelievable, stop changing your tune every 5 seconds.” Tiffany said, still trying to break loose from Taeyeon’s hold.

“I know you’re mad at me, but get over it, Miyoung. There’s nothing we can do to change it.” Taeyeon said in a calmer voice.

"Don’t EVER call me that name again.” Tiffany hissed, glaring back at the older woman.

“Fine, Stephanie.” Taeyeon said, her voice barely a whisper. Despite her rage she found herself suddenly enraptured in Tiffany's glare, unable to look away from her eyes. Something inside her shut down as she didn't even realize as she began to lean towards the woman she still had pinned to the wall. Tiffany eyed her with disbalief, unable unable to process that this might really be happening.  Their lips were mere centimeters apart when Tiffany swallowed,  before speaking finally.

“I hate you.” she whispered.  Taeyeon's reaction was almost immediate as she dropped to her knees, once again grasping at her chest in immense pain.

“What the hell is even wrong  with you? Are you diseased? Is that why you keep having those chest pains?” Tiffany scoffed. Taeyeon was in to much pain to respond.

“Like I said before, get out of my room. I’ll be fair to the others and be nice to you while we film this show. But don’t get used to it, as soon as those cameras stop don't expect me to treat you like anything other than the monster that you are.” Tiffany said as she walked back over to her bed and sat down. Taeyeon attempted to answer but found her voice woukd still not work with her chest the way it was.Instead, with the energy she had left, she stood up and left the room, leaving Tiffany by herself.


So you all know the drill by now I hope xD If you liked it please comment and subscribe and all that jazz... OH! Before I forget. It's probably been that way for a long time but thank you all who have upvoted this fic :D That seriously makes me feel like amazing and that you all really like it so far  ^_^ So let's try this one more time without Hawkelion telling me who I can and can't be... so BYEEEEEE ;D For the last time you're not... ugh. She's not even blonde anymore you've missed your chance! Anywho, I think Sunshiner has pretty much covered everything, again we hope to get these chapters up faster. Thanks for everything guys ^_^